Steaming up MT. Washington in heels

hoverfly

Some time in the late summer of 2003 akatexasbumpkin and I took a ride up MT Washington on the Cog Railway http://www.mountwashington.com/cog/index.html#links and now almost a year later we finally got the film developed. Here are a few pics to share.

Posted Image

The starting point

Posted Image

Moving on up

Posted Image

The mussle and the ride

Posted Image

Close up of our ride, sorry none for the mussle

Posted Image

Me in a pair of Steve Madden 5" heel

Posted Image

On top with the worst weather in the world

Posted Image

As you can see it was very windy and cold on top. But warm down below with much less wind, a good thing that Aka and I brought our jackets. Can't say much for the couple from Florida who wore nothing but T shirts and shorts!! But we stayed on top for only 20 minutes before we had to go back down as this was the last ride for the day. The last time I was up here was 15 years ago in August in the middle of a heat wave. But up here at that time it was clear, dry, cool , and could see over 100 miles.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Wow!! Great view. Have you seen the view from the Zugspitze in Germany?

Nope I have not, I have been out of the U.S. only across the border to Canada, once two years ago. :D

Check out the rest of the pics, I just put them up.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Message from HF to HF (Heelfan to Hoverfly): Great shots! Great trip! Where was everybody? Did you take a reciprocal shot of Aka that you could include? Nice to see a pic of you and your heels! Nice outfit. Thank you! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Message from HF to HF (Heelfan to Hoverfly):

Great shots! Great trip! Where was everybody? Did you take a reciprocal shot of Aka that you could include?

Sorry, per request Aka did not not want her pic posted.

yeah, nice to put a name to a face. Looks like an interesting trip. sensible heels too, bet they can be easily hidden

daz

Posted Image

Very good, Hoverfly! Point taken about preserving Aka's anonymity. Is Aka Texasbumpkin the same lady that posts on these forums as Texasbumpkin? If so, I'm delighted that you've both found companionship with each other! (Through these Forums, presumably?). Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Hoverfly, just wanted to say I love your boots. Super cool and you look so natural and relaxed in them. They're great :D What size do you wear, and where did you get them? I've found many Steve Madden styles run small :D and as a US women's 11/12 I can't find them any bigger. Very nice style, a great boot everybody can enjoy.

heelfan: Akatexasbumpkin and I have been together for two years in July. We meet on line through Yahoo Personals. It took only two days for her to anciently find out that I wear hh, but it took me two weeks to get over the shock how easily she accepted it. :D Aka her self is a shoe hog, but not necessarily in high heels. Lets just say some times I watch out for the steal toe boots when we give each other a hard time. :D TabascoTesa: Normal shoe size for me is a women’s 12 wide to 13 M in a pointed toe box, and 12 M for any thing else. But I normally don't fit in a size 11 so being the mechanical type of guy I am, I have to improvise with stretching them out. So wearing any thing with a pointed to box of any kind in this size is out the question. So you are not alone when it come to the difficultly of finding popular shoe stiles in a large women’s shoe size. These Steve Maddens boots are a size 11 and ran a true to size. I had to streach for width and the area front of the ankle, but had enough length to accommodate my foot. Firefox: Thanks :D

Here is a few more

Posted Image

Are we there yet?

Posted Image

Gulp!! A long ways down............

Posted Image

Diffrent point of view

Thanks for more great shots HF! As Daz says, it's nice to put a face to the name. Where is Mount Washington? (I ask as an interested UK member!). Can I ask you again - is Akatexasbumpkin the Texasbumpkin lady whose postings we have enjoyed on these Megaforums, or is it someone else? Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Hoverfly, Great boots! Are they really 5 inches? I would love a pair exactly like that and I am an 11. How long did you get them from Steve Madden? The last time I checked they only had up to 3.5 inches and I just bought a pair of 4 inch on Ebay. I've been looking for a pair exactly like you have! Great pics too BTW! Scotty

Heelfan: Yes, the one and only texasbumpkin. MT. Washington is in the North East of the U.S. in the northen areas of New Hampshire called the White Mountains. sscotty727: I have had these boots close to three years now from a Famous Footwear store. They have a 5" heel with a 1" plat.

Thank you Hoverfly for your interesting replies to us, and also for having burst-forth with this whole thread of wonderful photographs and particularly the shots of you in those great boots. One of the best-ever contributions to these Forums! That's what these Forums need - people like you and Daz and Firefox and Xaphod and some of us who've put our heel-meet group photos on screen. It shows how members can really ENJOY getting out and about as guys-in-heels. Nothing shows that better than this thread that you have created! Thank you again, and to Texasbumpkin of course! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Great heels. When I lived in Colorado Springs, my wife and I went to the top of Pike Peak with my wife on the Cog RR. It was also a long way down. We got dizzy too, 14,000 ft. No heels though.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.