New Help Finding Boots

sscotty727

Thanks Dawn. Sorry for the "negative" response yesterday. What happened is that first off, I wasn't feeling well and had things on my mind as well. I wasn't in the particularily "push the envelope" mode of heel wearing yesterday. I ended up doing it because I felt "obligated" to come here and report that I did it again in heels. The results were less than perfect. The problem was, since I wasn't in the mood, I shouldn't have pushed myself to do it. All of us need to realize, like anything, there are time when we just won't feel like it and don't need to feel pressured just because we are "heel wearing men" that we ALWAYS have to wear heels. That said, I definitely will try again, but when I am actually UP for it, but because I feel I "have" to. On a more positive note, my wife told me that her sister will be joining us tomorrow when we go to the mall and said am I ok with that. I said why not, I don't really care if she knows I wear heels and maybe we should tell her anyway since I am sure she noticed them. She agreed as long as we only mention block heels, not pumps. I said sure, no problem. She even said "Maybe she will have the courage to go buy the heels with you since I don't". Now I am actually looking forward to tomorrow even more;) Scotty

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee Sscotty don't ever feel obligated to anything on this forum. We are the sole judges of our own circumstances and do thing at our own pace and in our own time. When anyone says "next time," that can be tomorrow or in two years. Don't ever let anyone on this forum put pressure on you to do anything that you don't feel comfortable with. You, and what happens to you count, they don't.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hey Bubba, My point wasn't that you all pressured me, I pressured myself because of some non-existent "obligation" I placed on myself. I was just letting other new heel-wearing members know NOT to do what I did, it tarnishes the experience. BTW, my new boots came in! I might wear them to the mall tomorrow! Scotty

Thanks for the clarification. Good luck with your new boots at the mall tomorrow. You should get along just fine wearing them. :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Sscotty727:-) I can see your point and I can also see Bubba 136's point too. From time to time we all tend to push ourselves to do things that we really don't want to do but something inside tells us to push and do it anyway. Your car will need gas lots of times in the future which will give you ample occassions to street-heel at the service station. I didn't read into your response that it was negative in any way unless I missed something. I thought that everything was normal. HEY!!! Congratulations on finding a new pair of boots as I know you seemed anxious to locate a pair. Good show. May I ask if we could all learn the details and maybe see some pics of them on you? No hurry---when you find time. Thanks---. Hope you enjoy wearing them at the Mall as I sure do enjoy wearing mine there too. Cheers--- Dawn HH :D

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hi Dawn/Bubba,

Thanks for the advice and support.

I actually didn't wear the boots today. They are actually 4 inch heels, my existing pair are 3 inch heels, but both boots have a platform toe, so I think they are more like 3 inch in actual feeling.

I also have a pair of 3 inch heel shoes I got that don't have a platform toe. With the lifts I put in them, they raise to 4 1/2 inch, so I opted to wear them instead. I am not sure if it is normal, but the balls of my feet are killing me after walking the mall all day, but I did wear them and never got tempted to remove the lifts. I figured the more I wear them the more I will get use to them.

I also went shopping and found some wood I plan on using on better lifts. Once I perfect them I will post a picture of them in the modification section.

Also, my wife agreed to let me get a pair of shoes like the ones pictured below. We looked in the various stores, but we couldn't find anything similar. I can order them from the web, but would like a higher heel (the ones pictured are 3 inch heels) and lower platform, but same style. Anyone know where I could get them?

Thanks,

Scotty

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey guys! I've got a question about buying high heels for men. I aproached my husband last night to see if he'd wear thigh high boots for me. I just think it would be sooooo sexy. After a moments of thought his reply was, 'Most thigh highs would be too feminine' Hmmm.. Well that wasn't a no. I just need to find the right set of boots. Sooo.. I need some advice. What size would he wear? I know they are going to be females boots so I have no idea how that converts over. He wears a 9 1/2 US. I also wonder where I can find a pair of low block heeled not pointed toe thigh high boots or am I doomed javascript:emoticon(':o') Thanks!

JinxieKat: If he wears a 9½ US Men's size, then, using the usual conversion from men's to women's sizes of adding 2 sizes, he would wear a US woman's size 11½ or 12. As to locating a pair, try eBay. check out: eBayboots

These (although they aren't thighhighs) might be good for a start:

Boots

They look pretty good from here.

Posted Image

Thank you Bubba! I didn't know you could do a search like that. I'm not very well versed in Ebay.. yet I think. I found a pair of boots for me.. and exactly what I was looking for with him in mind. One inch heel, rounded toe, and leather .. *purr* You've made me a happy kitty! JinxieKat

Hey guys!

I've got a question about buying high heels for men. I aproached my husband last night to see if he'd wear thigh high boots for me. I just think it would be sooooo sexy. After a moments of thought his reply was, 'Most thigh highs would be too feminine' Hmmm.. Well that wasn't a no. I just need to find the right set of boots. Sooo.. I need some advice.

What size would he wear? I know they are going to be females boots so I have no idea how that converts over. He wears a 9 1/2 US. I also wonder where I can find a pair of low block heeled not pointed toe thigh high boots or am I doomed javascript:emoticon(':o')

Thanks!

Hay your husband is a lucky man…….Yes, depending on the stile of the boot 1.5 to 2 time the size of a male shoe size will give an ideal of the women's shoe size. He will wear a size 11 to 12 in a women's, the upper limit of availability in most shoe stores in the mall, but it will take some searching. Some times if you can find a wide width, then the smaller end of the rule will end up fitting better considering most men's feet are wider to a women’s .

Here are a few more suggestions:

Start him off with a 3" to 3.5" heel, excluding the plat if there is one.

Start with a size 11, if the toe box is round or square, 12 if you want to see him a pair of pointed stilettos. :D

If you shop by Ebay don't spend a lot on a pair as you might not be able to return them, there are plenty of size 11 and down to try again or something else if you don't win the bid.

If you go to the Payless Shoe Source on line they will have larger sizes available at a good price during the Fall/Winter season on boots, but it won’t help you right now.

Most boots in the larger sizes will most likly be bigger in the calf(execpt for ankle boots) for plus size women (you can find boots for shinny legs in an 11) if he is wearing pants or just wearing them in the house don't worry.

Any other question in fitting your man feel free to ask……

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

To all: If anyone is considering shopping the internet i've found "heelbuys" on ebay to be an excellent source. I've bought twice from them and they have a large selection very reasonably priced. i've not had to exchange anything so I don't know how that is but they have a large selection of boots, pumps, sandals, etc. and all in larger sizes. Off hand I don't know if the block heel boots are available but they used to have a lot of boots. take care, Wineanddine

Your car will need gas lots of times in the future which will give you ample occassions to street-heel at the service station. Dawn HH :D

You were right Dawn. Tonight I again stopped for gas wearing my pumps and this time I was in a much better mood and felt like wearing them for me. It was great and even though there weren't alot of people around, I did walk around and even checked the air in my tires while the tank was feeling. The gas pump I stopped at faced the road so it was cool walking in them while the cars went by as well. This time I also took my time and savored walking back to my car after filling up.

Scotty

Sscotty727:-) Congratulations---I'm so happy for you. You sounded very up-beat in your last post and I am sure you are very proud of yourself. The next thing you know---you will be filling up your gas tank when it is only half full rather than empty. Like I have said before--- the more you street-heel, the more confident you become and the more pleasure you derive from it. It's like getting into Carnegie Hall---Practice, practice, and practice some more. Enjoy and please keep us posted on your progress. We would all like to know. Cheers--- Dawn HH :D

Sscotty727:-) Boy--- you ARE getting very excited on this aren't you! I Know that you want to do this as many times as possible both after dark and during daylight. It's your tank and you can fill it every day if you want to. I'm as excited about this as you are. Great news. How does the wife feel about this??? Cheers--- Dawn HH

Actually I just fill up when I get to 1/2 tank because I have a long commute in thick traffic. It pretty much works out to every other day. I haven't told the wife that I stop for gas in them, but I am sure she pretty much can figure out when I am switching back into my regular shoes in the garage :D

Also check out my other post here for info on how my wife feels :D

Scotty

Sscotty727:-) I took your advise and checked out your other thread and I also checked out the web-site you are getting your shoes from. V-e-e-e-r-y interesting. As for the size of your wife's shoes---if a 7 is too large and she wears a 6.5, try the size 6 and maybe that will fit. You and your wife are going to both be wearing heels on that movie/dinner date---sounds to me that things are looking up for you. She seems to be accepting things slowly in your favor. Congratulations to you both. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Often, when you take a ½ size, and they don't come in half sizes (I usually wer a 10½ US womans size). Since a size 11 is too large, I opt for a 10 and so far have had good success. Another trick to keep in mind is to try a wider width. Most shoes in the USA usually come in a "medium" width, which is between a B & C width. If the shoes are made in a C width, try them, the extra width usually is slightly longer, too.

Bubba136:-) The advise you gave on shoe sizing would be good for both male and female. I have tried some of your little tricks myself and have had a better fit because of them. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Bubba/Dawn, I've been wearing my pumps driving home everyday this week and both times that I stopped for gas this week I wore them in a more crowded setting. Neither time was I nervous or worried if anyone saw me (I was wearing long pants though). I am starting to consider going in to use the bathroom or grab a soda or something, but still am nervous about the clicking noise (not at your levels of comfort yet but getting there;). My sister in law is visiting us and both lastnight and today I wore my new 4" boots (pictured in my aviator now). I know she saw them because a few times I caught her staring out the corner of my eye, but she has neither said anything or acted different to me so she must be ok with it. We are going to the mall soon and I will be wearing them there too. Scotty

Posted Image

My new heels came in yeterday. I took them to work with me today (I didn't wear them at work though). After work I changed into them. Since these are more discrete, I actually got up the nerve to go into the local CVS (drug store). After I was done, I then went to the gas station, filled up, went INSIDE, and bought some sodas. I know they aren't the same as spikey heels, but hey, this is as close as pumps I have gotten in public that was more than just standing at the gas pump.

One slight problem for all you "engineer" type (Hoverfly?)...the shoe digs in on the top of my foot. Can this be stretched? Advice?

Thanks,

Scotty

Sscotty727:-) Congratulations on being able to push the envelope a bit further and going into the building to get sodas and going into the drug store also. How high is the heel and the small platform on your new pair of shoes? As to your new shoes pinching the top of your foot---I take it that you are refering to the vamp pressing against the top of your foot behind your toes. I have had pairs of shoes do the same thing while being broken in. I wear them around the house several times for an hour or two each time to break them in before I wear them outside for more extended periods of time and I find that the pinching slowly gives way as the shoes begin to break themselves in and become more comfortable with each wearing. Maybe this will help you out as you evidently took them out of the box and immediately began to wear them outside without breaking them in first. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Thanks Dawn.

I actually went back to the CVS again lastnight because I needed a battery for my car remote. When I couldn't find the battery I actually had to interact with one of the workers and she came over and we looked together. If she saw my heels she didn't say a word about them. I also walked around the store more (which was alot busier than last time) and no one said anything. When I checked out the line was long and again no one said a word:)

I also found a toe pad that I put in the shoe which stops the "vamp" from cutting into the top of my foot. I think my foot was sliding into the shoe too far. Maybe I should have actually gotten a 10 instead of an 11. Anyway, been trying to wear the shoes as much as possible outside of work and in the evenings, so hoping to break them in more and more. I wish they were higher but they are great to wear out:)

I would highly recommend them to shyguys looking to wear heels outside.

BTW, They have a 3" heel with a about a 1/2" platform.

If you want them, you can buy them here

Scotty

Sscotty727:-) Another trip to the CVS. GOOD SHOW! The more you do it, the more fun you have, the easier it becomes. People aren't going to look as much as you think and if they do look---who cares except you. Fantastic! Cheers--- Dawn HH

Here is another interesting 'development'. As many of you know, I have been working on 'hidden heel lifts'. Well, after I made mine (finally) my wife said she would like a pair. I asked her to check with her sister and she said she wanted a pair too. This weekend we were visiting my inlaws for Mothers Day, I gave my sister in hers. She tried them and said they felt fine. Well, I figured I would test the waters and said "Yes, I made a pair for me too and have been wearing them all week without a problem" to which she just said "Oh, ok". Not an erie tone but a pleasent tone. I was tempted to say "I am wearing them now too" but she could see I was wearing 3" heels already;) Since her and my wife are close, she goes shopping with us as well, so I think next time we go out I will just let her see that I am wearing them in my shoes. So far she doesn't seem fazed by all this:) Scotty

Sscotty727:-) You sly fellow you! You have got an angle that possibly no one on this board had thought of in order to convince someone to try your idea. Naturally---a product has to be extensively tested before someone else can use it and who else must test it but the person who came up with the idea originally. It sounds like you have crafted you in-soles very well. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Hi Dawn, Actually I think you are giving me too much credit :roll: I didn't think to use the excuse of "trying them before marketing them" but rather to test her reaction to me wearing heels. Since she also has a passion for shoes (she took over my wifes old bedroom at home with all her shoes!) I figured she would probably be also ok with me wearing them too. So far my theory has proven out. I've all but actually come out and said "I also like wearing heels" but from everything else, I doubt she would have a problem with it. She has seen me in my 4" boots and 3" shoes and I have just happened to have left other shoes laying out in plain view when she has visited (I am a size 11, her and my wife are a 6 1/2 so a major difference). Now with admitting to use the hidden heel to work even, I am positive she realizes what I like. Again, she has NOT treated me at all different :) Scotty

Here is another interesting 'development'.

As many of you know, I have been working on 'hidden heel lifts'. Well, after I made mine (finally) my wife said she would like a pair. I asked her to check with her sister and she said she wanted a pair too. This weekend we were visiting my inlaws for Mothers Day, I gave my sister in hers. She tried them and said they felt fine. Well, I figured I would test the waters and said "Yes, I made a pair for me too and have been wearing them all week without a problem" to which she just said "Oh, ok". Not an erie tone but a pleasent tone. I was tempted to say "I am wearing them now too" but she could see I was wearing 3" heels already;) Since her and my wife are close, she goes shopping with us as well, so I think next time we go out I will just let her see that I am wearing them in my shoes. So far she doesn't seem fazed by all this:)

Scotty

That is interesting!

Before I tried just POSUH (plain old straight-up heels) for my ankle problem, I tried the elevator lift shoes. They weren't all that bad, but they were incredibly expensive! ($300+). On a whim I stopped at Payless, found a comfortable and very discrete pair, and took 'em home. My wife got used to them, and didn't object when I suggested I might wear them out (I think she actually wanted to find out what others might think of it).

To make a long story short, like your sister-in-law doesn't seem opposed to your wearing heels, my sister-in-law is supportive, too. Actually, I think it's as much the case that she doesn't care one way or another, provided it's in good taste and not flagrant.

By the way, I saw a few posts where people have purchased heels online, but from websites where larger sizes are really scarce.

Here are some links to websites where heels in larger sizes (12 U.S.) aren't scarce, but instead are actually the norm:

http://www.roamans.com

http://www.nordstroms.com (many size 13)

http://www.italianheels.com

http://www.pierresilber.com (many size 13+)

http://www.fredericks.com (some size 13)

http://www.payless.com (some size 13)

http://www.zappos.com (some size 13)

http://www.sexyshoes.com (many size 13+)

And they have a VERY GOOD boot section!

Nordstroms, Payless, and Zappos let you search by size.

Nordstroms and Zappos have perhaps the best quality, followed closely by Italianheels.

Every shoe I've bought at Fredericks (six, as of last week) sort of sucked in terms of quality. If you're going to buy there, get the "genuine leather" shoes with the suede soles. Those are the only ones I've never returned due to "gross discomfort." I think all the rest of Fredericks' designs are made by a company who's designer either hates women, his company, or both. Quality at Pierre Silber runs the gamut. Again, genuine leather and higher prices have held true with respect to higher quality, regardless of where you're shopping.

All shoes I've bought at Nordstroms have fit very well, and have been very comfortable, including the pair of Franco Sarto boots in my icon (left). If they still carried them, I'd buy three more pair.

Off for now...

Hey, Hoverfly - your AH-64D icon seems to be experiencing some serious LL windshear... Either that or the pilot's doing a great porpoise imitation!