New Help Finding Boots

sscotty727

All, Monday is my birthday, so my wife and I are going to go out tomorrow to celebrate. Since she hasn't gotten me a gift yet, I said a new 4 inch pair of boots would be my present. She said yes!!!! The problems is I need to know where I can buy a pair of 4 inch block heeled boots locally. If I buy them tomorrow she agreed we can go out with me wearing them! Thanks, Scotty

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where in the DC area you live, but Springfield Mall used to have some great shoe stores. Also, in Arlington, Nordstroms at Pentagon City or perhaps out in Fairfax at Tyson's Corners or Prince William County at Potomac Mills. Also, I know there are a few warehouse shoe sales places scattered around the city that sell boots and shoes that are last years styles.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hey Bubba, We actually did hit a warehouse store tonight. They have plenty of 4 inch stelleto heel boots and plenty of 3 inch block heel boots. I was looking for 4 inch (or higher) block heel boots. I have seen some of the members here with similiar boots. Was just curious what stores might carry such boots (if any, maybe I picked the wrong time of the year). Thanks, Scotty

Sscotty, you can always rely on eBay. They have just about any style of boots you crave. Just have patience and before you know it, what you are looking for will magically appear. :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Actually I think I might just wear my 3" boots tonight. I was kinda hoping for something higher.

I am also considering wearing my pumps either to a busy-noisey-dark restaurant OR maybe if we go see a movie. The problem is the clicking of the heel. I am considering taping some rubber on the back heel and wearing long black pants with my black pumps. I should be able to sneak into either a restaurant or movie with them.

I did find these boots. If they were ankle boots they would be exactly what I am looking for. Anyone know where I could get something like these in ankle boots in a US 11?

Thanks,

Scotty

There are lots of fine shoe stores in the D.C. area, Fair Oaks Mall for one. There are stores at the outlet shops in Leesburg. Leesburg is a nice area and Harpers Ferry is not too far.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

Hey sscotty727 we share a birthday, mine's Monday too, won't be heeling, as wife disapproves, but won't be at work either so it's not all bad. Enjoy your birthday, hope you get the shoes you want.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Happy Birthday to you too Shyguy!!! I thought I would update you all on how the weekend went. We didn't get to see a movie since there was nothing either of wanted to see locally (we were both too tired to drive too far since I spend all day Saturday staining my deck). Anyway, we decided to go out to get something to eat instead. My wife was uncomfortable with me wearing pumps in the restaurant, so I ended up wearing my 3" boots (the lifts inside made them about 4"). Now this wasn't a major event since I used to wear them to work and go out to lunch all the time. What made this one special was with the jeans I was wearing, they didn't cover the heel as much (the legs aren't as wide as some of my dress pants). Everyone could definitely see the heel if they looked and I actually didn't mind for once. When we sat at the booth I actually sat close to the edge and proudly displayed my boot. Not sure if anyone actually did see, it was getting late and the place wasn't real crowded, but I certanly didn't hide them either. After dinner we went for a drive and I changed into my black pumps while driving. The jeans do cover the heel and only the toe sticks out. I got my wife to agree to let me stop for gas wearing them. I doubt anyone saw me, but this was the first time ever in public with me wearing pumps! She agreed that in a noisey movie theater, I could probably get away with wearing them. She agreed to let me do that next time! :D Today (Sunday) we went shopping for a pair of shoes I saw yesterday when we were looking for boots. They are 3" shoes made by Aphrodite and sold in Sears which I might be able to wear for work. I wore my boots again in the mall and even ran into a friend of my wifes. If she saw the heels she didn't say anything. After the mall my wife asked me to change into the 3" shoes since she wasn't comfortable in daytime with me wearing the boots since my jeans barely covers the heel. I changed into the 3" shoes and finished the day shopping in them and even went to my inlaws in them to pick up our kids. No one there said a word about my shoes. When I got home, I put the pumps back on and went outside to change the burnt out lights on our porch and deck. My wife also agreed that we can sit on the deck in the evenings and I can wear my pumps there :D So far this has been a pretty good birthday. Next thing is to wear my pumps to the movie! That will be a rush. Scotty

sounds like the perfect birthday weekend, a little give and take from you and your wife, thanks for the good in depth description. Nothing along those lines to report here but still an enjoyable relaxing birthday. :bday:

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

New Update! My wife just said let's go to dinner again tonight with the kids. I said can I wear my boots again and she said of course!:D Too bad I don't have the 4inch though. I was wrong on the height of my current ones. They are 3 1/2 and the lifts actually add 1 1/2. The toe is about 1/2 inch so overall it feels like a 4 1/2 inch boot!:D Scotty

Dinner with the wife and kids, eh? (I wonder what the other parents at "Chuck E. Cheese's" will tell their kids when they see that man (over there) is wearing high heels -------ROFL) :D

Posted Image

I appreciate the fact that you knew that I was just joking. Now, congratulations on your visit to Applbees. I'm glad things worked out so well. (Try their bbq ribs on one of your visits.)

Posted Image

From the Menu:

Riblets: A hearty portion of our famous Riblets basted with your choice of Applebee's Signature Barbecue Sauce or Applebee's Honey Barbecue Sauce. Served with barbecue baked beans, fries and cole slaw. (Also available in a smaller portioned basket served with fries.)

:D

Well, I took another "step" today (pun intended). I decided to bring my pumps with me and on the way home I took my shoes off and put my pumps on. I had to stop for gas on the way home, so I wore my pumps pumping gas, this time in the daylight. Of course I kinda cheated in that I paid at the pump, but still walking outside the car (my gas cap is on the passenger side) in pumps to fill my car was a major high. Also when I got home I noticed the trashbag was on the street, so I walked down my driveway in them and picked it up and put it back. We live on the corner house in a circle and I am sure people had to see me. In addition, the second I got back in the garage I saw the trash truck picking it up, I am sure they probably saw me! I hope to do more heeling in my pumps now! Scotty

SScotty727:-) It is so good to see that your wife suggested that you wear your heels out. It sounds like she is on your side. That's great! My wife and I have a bit of give and take too depending on the occasion. Street-heel as often as you can and you will find it gets easier every time. The wife and I street-heel as often as we can. I am less nervous each time. I have rubber on all the heels of my boots and they are not perfectly quiet but I have come to the conclusion that I am going to live with what noise there is and the heck with it as I'm just going to "chug" along and mind my own business and worry about what might be or not be said later. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Nice going there Scotty! After the pun about stepping out I couldn't believe you passed up any about pumping gas in pumps. I can identify with your approach. My passion is pumps and I haven't really had any desire to go out wearing heels that could somehow be taken as anything but high heels. But, it is also more difficult to pick and choose spots to do so, particularly in a smaller urban area. Congrats to you. Keep us posted.

Thanks Dawn HH and wineanddine, I was very nervous and also very excited about pumping gas in my pumps yesterday. The one I went to only had one gas pump per side, so no one could have seen me back or front. I might try later this week going to one a little more crowded and see how it goes. On another note, my sister-in-law is staying with us tonight so she can watch our youngest because my wife has to go on a field trip with my oldest tomorrow. Anyway, I am going to run over tonight and pick her up. I am VERY tempted to wear my pumps instead of shoes or even block heels. It will be at night and I won't really have to get out of the car, so I should be fine. I know she has had to see my other heeled boots and has never said anything negative about it. What do you all think, should I go for it? Thanks, Scotty

Scotty: I'll leave that final decision up to you as I think only you will be able to determine if the time is right for that. However, you are one lucky guy if your sister in law is on board with your heel wearing and you can actually consider it. Good luck. I'm envious. Wineanddine

I might since I don't have to get out of the car and it will be dark. I did ask my wife if she ever said anything about my boots. She said she never has but we both agree she had to have seen them. So far she has never acted any different and I am able to even shoe her shoes online that she might find interesting. Scotty

Sscotty727:-) The ultimate decision on the trip to the gas station and picking up your sister-in-law will naturally fall on your shoulders as I'm sure you are aware of. I'd say go for the pumps, (shoes), and the crowded gas station and see what happens. As to picking up your sister-in-law, again wear the pumps and see what she says if anything. And good luck in both cases and be sure to let us know your progress on both counts. It sounds like both your wife and your sister-in-law are with you on this. Lets hope so. BTW---on your pumps---what color, toe box design, and heel height. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Hi Dawn,

The sister-in-law thing didn't happen, she just decided to drive herself over tomorrow morning. Oh well, probably best.

I might try the crowded gas station tomorrow. The pumps are standard 3inch spikey heels. Black, pointey (but not too poiney) toe. Got them from online Ebay.

I have to go to the mall this weekend to return the Franco Sarto Shoes. I got them in a 10 instead of 11 because all the reviews said get a size smaller. Also I am not wild on the design, so will return them. I am going to wear my 3" boots and see if I can't find a 4inch boots.

Scotty

Sscotty727:-) Thanks for the information on your pumps. It sounds like your highest heel is 3" and now you are going higher in 4" boots. Are you able to walk well in 3" heels? I hope you can find a nice pair of boots for your collection. Good luck at the gas station and keep us posted. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Hi Dawn, My highest boots are 3" (which I put hidden heels in to make about 4.5"). My highest pumps are 5" spiked heels, but they are white and not suitable for sneaking around in. The 3" just happen to be my black pair. I can walk great in the white 5" pumps. Since my kids are sleep in the mornings, I usually wear the 5" pumps downstairs to eat and then back upstairs to get ready for the morning. I even carry my coffee up in my pumps, so I can safely say I can handle 5" no problem;) Just don't know if I can find 5" pumps in block heels anywhere. Scotty

Sscotty727:-) WOW!!! Carrying hot coffee while going up stairs in 5" heels and not spilling any---I'd say you can handle heels very well. If you find 5" block heels in a pump I would like to know all the details on them. Thanks. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Dawn,

Actually, the black pumps are 4" (got them on Ebay too). These are the ones I was wearing when I pumped my gas.

Posted Image

The white ones are 5" pictured below. And yes I carry a hot cup of coffee up the stairs in the white ones without holding on to anything and don't spill a drop :D

Posted Image

Scotty

Sscotty727:-) Your amazing with the coffee bit and thanks for the pics of your black and white heels. Both are great looking pairs of pumps. I wear pumps also and have for many years and I think they are an all around sexy go-with-anything shoe. I also prefer boots too. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Dawn, Thanks. I spent 3 years staying in a hotel room every week for work. With all the free time, I had to have a hobby :D I practiced alot in the hotel room in heels :D Since I am back home now, the mornings are the only time I get in the heels. My wife did agree to let me wear the black ones to a movie sometime. With really long jeans at night, I doubt anyone would even notice. Plus with all the noise I doubt anyone would hear the click. Scotty

Well, I went to the gas station again today wearing my pumps. This time I went to one that was a little more crowded and as I got out I realized my pants weren't as long and you could definitely see the heels. I quickly walked over and started pumping gas. An older couple pulled up behind me and started pumping gas too. I was so nervous that I quickly finished, put the cap on and jumped in the car and left. I don't know if I am ready to go out in plan view in pumps yet. I definitely felt more comfortable when I wore pants that covered the heels more. Scotty

Sscotty727:-) Your story of the gas station episode was very interesting. A few more times at the gas station in your pumps and you will say---the heck with the length of the pants---I've got my pumps on and I don't care if they see them or not. And you will just carry on with your normal business. Here is an episode that happened to the wife and I today while we were taking care of some shopping chores. I usually only show 1" of heel under my boot-cut jeans, but today I thought I would show 2" of my heel and see what would happen. Our first stop was at the bank to get a little cash and since it was raining she decided that I would stay in the car and keep the windows clear while she went into the bank. Our 2nd stop was to leave a dress of hers at the cleaners, so we both went in. No problem. Our 3rd stop was at the drug store to pick up our refilled prescriptions while again I stayed in the car and she went in. We decided we had better get something to eat so our 4th stop was at a Steak 'n Shake. Even though it was crowded, no one noticed or said anything. After we paid and were leaving there was a blond lady at a window seat that could see the whole walk and part of the parking lot. When I turned to get into the car I noticed that we had been "made'. She watched us clear out of the parking lot. Our last stop was at the Giant Eagle that we always shop at to pick up some groceries. The woman that counts all the money in the office and one of the check-out girls were talking as we entered the door. The check-out girl noticed the click of my heels and motioned to the other woman to turn around and they both looked down to where the clicking was coming from and quickly turned away as they discussed it. On the way out the office woman stopped us and said a few words to us not saying anything about me wearing heels. I have worn heels there several times before and was not noticed till now. I'll bet you that they will check in the future everytime I'm there to see if I'm wearing heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH