Finally got a pair of ballet heels

hh_pe

On 4/21/2021 at 3:29 AM, mlroseplant said:

And while ballet boots are not my thing, I am curious to know, will you buy another pair?

No, I will not buy another pair.

On 4/21/2021 at 3:29 AM, mlroseplant said:

Do you think it's defective?

I haven't had the opportunity to look into where the break occurred on the shank.

On 4/20/2021 at 2:39 AM, Isolathor said:

But the obscene (fetish) part is probably what some men like

For me, it is a fetish thing.  Always liked seeing women walk in them and simple wanted to try and see what it was like.  As I said above, I'm glad I got the chance to try.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hh_pe said:

No, I will not buy another pair.

I haven't had the opportunity to look into where the break occurred on the shank.

For me, it is a fetish thing.  Always liked seeing women walk in them and simple wanted to try and see what it was like.  As I said above, I'm glad I got the chance to try.

I don't have the fetish aspect for these style of shoes, but I do find all of this very interesting. First, it looks like the actual heel broke in half, not the shank. I could almost understand if the shank broke--I've had several shanks fail on me over the years.

The second thing I find interesting, and is really the only reason I'm replying to this at all is this idea that "I wanted to see what it was like." I can remember back in my youth when most girls and women wore high heels for dressy occasions, and most of them wobbled a bit in their stilettos. Of course, stilettos were very much in style in the 1980s, but very few could actually walk well in them, as I recall. Every once in a while, though,  you'd see a gal who walked rock steady and almost carelessly, as if it were nothing. That is what I always found attractive, and made me wonder from an early age, "Hmmm, I wonder how hard that really is?" Of course, 40 years later, and 9 years into heel wearing, what I have discovered is, it's simultaneously easier AND harder than I thought it would be.

• Like 2