Who do you admire on the boards?

It's a difficult choice but I still admire Xaphod for his humor and depth of his posts and conversations. This is still nothing compared to meeting him live. He developped a style of clothing that is unique and suits him well. He also has the guts to wear whatever he likes, even his knee high spike leather boots over his trousers in daylight public.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Thanks Debbie, Simular yes, but then again different in some respects. I'm also into that glam rock chic stuff also, just adore 'Bettina Liano' jeanswear, also very sporty, this adds to our character as individuals. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

Oh no, my humility, it broke! B) Thanks Inga, swell of you to compliment me :smile: I thinkt he board helps me to maintain what you call my vibrant personality. If it were not for people like you, however, that may be a bit more subdued. I like to write, I like to be expressive, so it is just me being me. If that makes me admired, well, thank you everyone. In reality, I am just being me and having fun. That's the only reason to do anything in this world. Oh, we also do things to survive, but that is a very different level. I admire everyone for posting and taking part, but this is easy with people like Debbie and Inga on site. Thanks again, and welcome to the Forum's Mutual Admiration Society! B)

I admire quite a few people. Jenny for getting us going and setting the tone for our community. Highluc, for flying planes, rebuilding cars, building houses, and managing to express his fashion individuality even at times within the context of a military environment. Debbie, for being honest about herself and sharing her pictures on the internet when many less courageous people would not have done 1/10 of what she has. Jeff, for sacrificing his time and finances to provide us with a proper home (and also for top marks in 5" heel competition!) Xaphod for being very original, and not afraid to express himself despite some setbacks. Laurie for being Laurie, need I say more? Inga for many incisive contributions and help with the board. Francis, Calv, and Dr Shoe for being RL friends as well as virtual ones. Sorry if I missed anyone out, everyone has an important contribution to make :smile:

Laurie for being Laurie, need I say more? Maybe not. More as good is a very American concept, and sometimes just to be mentioned is enough. Or maybe you have no idea how to describe my wierdness and just wished to make me feel good with a mention. Who can say? Who would care? Not I, most certainly.

I can wholeheartedly agree with Firefox's list, but I think it misses one name: his own. For his time and effort in starting new discussions, keeping existing ones going and seeing after proper use of these boards.

Obviously I'm a newbee (note my join date & comfy loafers - oh to achieve the 5" spike boots so well shown by FF), but let me sum it up this way: FF pretty much defined the list. Anyone who takes the time to share, advise, and have fun around the topic goes on my fav list. I do enjoy the bantering of Laurieheels & IHeels. They keep me chuckling and I love the smell of humor in the morning. I would say they are my favorite pair of heels. HA! (sorry, there is so much cheese there, your keyboards probably smell of it) Peace out! HeelDog

Hmmm, this smacks too much of the Baftas, the Golden Globe and the ultimate in mutual self-congratulation, the Oscar farce. When are we going to start employing our individual publicists ? Seriously, I don't think we need this. As a cyber-community with a common interest, we have found like-minded souls, all with their strengths and weaknesses, but together I think we are the happiest bunch of people on the net. Just compare the slanging match which passes for discussion on the Trisha site (you will have to do a search for the link) with our easy-going bunch of characters. This thread is fine for a bit of fun, but it could so easily cause divisions. It would be a pity for this to happen with everybody working so well together. For my part, I just do my own style thing. If this helps anyone else in their life, then I'm pleased. PS Any more comments like Highlucs, and I won't be able to get my head through the front door !

On 2002-03-16 10:26, xaphod wrote:

PS Any more comments like Highlucs, and I won't be able to get my head through the front door !

Ok, so I won't say here that I totally agree with him.. I wouldn't want you to sleep outside in the rain tonight.. :smile:

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

Hiya Heeldog and Laurie, You mentioned cheese, here's a more comprehensive list: Gouda, Red Leicester, Tilsit, Caerphilly Bel Paese, Red Windsor, Stilton, Gruyere, Emmental, Norwegian Jarlsberger, Liptauer, Lancashire, White Stilton, Danish Blue, Double Gloucester, Cheshire, Dorset Blue Vinney, Brie, Roquefort, Pont-l'Eveque, Port Salut, Savoyard, Saint-Paulin, Carre-de-L'Est, Boursin, Bresse Bleu, Perle de Champagne, Camembert, Edam, Caithness, Smoked Austrian, Japanese Sage Darby, Wensleydale, Greek Feta, Gorgonzola, Parmesan, Mozzarella, Pippo Crème, Danish Fimboe, Venezuelan Beaver Cheese, Cheddar, 'Illchester, Limburger. Hopefully yours was one of these. Inga :smile:

I have had cheese curds on a dish called Poutine. This is a french Canadian thing, some may know it. I have had the cheese curds in that, but only in Ottawa, which isn't quite Provence Quebec but close enough to make it good. They take fries and smother them with cheese curds and hot gravy. It can taste great, but it is a LOT of fat to handle in one sitting. Poutine must be french for Bowl of Heart Attack. I think a small bowl would hold my entire fat and calorie intake for the entire day.

I too don't eat much cheese. Just posted the bit about cheese to generate fun discussion. Francis knows the source by his response. Don't think a thread is really worthwhile. Inga :smile:

Maybe we should all admire Firefox as the friendly police constable out to make sure we all post where we should post? In a funny hat, armed with a truncheon, and wearing boots with heels, he is the funkiest constable around... yeah bay-beeeee. Maybe it could be a hit comedy, but would the BBC ewver pick it up? (okay, so I am close to 300 and I am trying to pad up my total)

I admire JeffB (Jeff on this board?) for giving me the writings that I needed to make that large step into wearing heels to work (and I have NOT looked back!) I also admire Firefox and Francis for being such cool people in general and someday hope to meet the both of them.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!