Skinny Jeans And Ankle Strap Heels

SleekHeels

I love heels with ankle straps, and I like skinny jeans too, but (apart from cropped jeans) I can't think of how the two go together. Has anyone made this combination work for them, or are they just not compatible?

If you like it, wear it.

Not easy, I guess you have to try and find a pair of jeans that are a little too short for you. I suppose it helps if you have longer than average legs.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Not easy, I guess you have to try and find a pair of jeans that are a little too short for you. I suppose it helps if you have longer than average legs.

Yep, that's what I'd do too.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thanks, I hadn't really considered the length of my legs, which are definitely shorter (and stockier) than average. I find that cropped jeans just below the knee work ok for me, but short trousers anywhere from above-the-ankle to mid-calf really bring out the worst in my body proportions. With full-length skinny-jeans I wonder maybe t-bar styles might work?

If you like it, wear it.

I love heels with ankle straps, and I like skinny jeans too, but (apart from cropped jeans) I can't think of how the two go together. Has anyone made this combination work for them, or are they just not compatible?

I think ankle strap heels look best with a sleek pencil skirt or a dress. Can't see them with skinny jeans.

I wear my Payless wedge heel, ankle strap,  sandals "Portia" with capri length leggings, capri length jeans and skinny capri length jeans. I even posted a pic, with my review on the Payless site, wearing my "Portia" sandals with white capri length, leggings and a matching blue top, carrying my blue shoulder bag.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks, I hadn't really considered the length of my legs, which are definitely shorter (and stockier) than average. I find that cropped jeans just below the knee work ok for me, but short trousers anywhere from above-the-ankle to mid-calf really bring out the worst in my body proportions. With full-length skinny-jeans I wonder maybe t-bar styles might work?

If you are on the shorter side ankle straps will cut off the length you gain when wearing heels. A T-strap would do the same if the ankle strap was high. I think you could get away with it if you have the strap blend under your skinny jeans. 

Just roll the cuffs up in 1 inch rolls just a couple of inches above the ankle. Very chic.

I totally hadn't thought of that! Maybe I don't have the body shape to shorten my skinny jeans like that, though perhaps I can use a long-line waterfall cardigan to re-balance my proportions and disguise my thunder-thighs. That could work with leggings too. I really like that it creates a feature of the ankle-straps rather than trying to hide them, and you're right, "chic" is the word. Thanks! (If I succeed I'll have to post a pic of course).

If you are on the shorter side ankle straps will cut off the length you gain when wearing heels. A T-strap would do the same if the ankle strap was high. I think you could get away with it if you have the strap blend under your skinny jeans. 

You're right, that's probably why I've always felt more comfortable wearing my t-bar or ankle-strap heels with bootcut trousers (or a knee-length pencil skirt).

If you like it, wear it.

I totally hadn't thought of that! Maybe I don't have the body shape to shorten my skinny jeans like that, though perhaps I can use a long-line waterfall cardigan to re-balance my proportions and disguise my thunder-thighs. That could work with leggings too. I really like that it creates a feature of the ankle-straps rather than trying to hide them, and you're right, "chic" is the word. Thanks! (If I succeed I'll have to post a pic of course).

You're right, that's probably why I've always felt more comfortable wearing my t-bar or ankle-strap heels with bootcut trousers (or a knee-length pencil skirt).

When you make a decision, take a pic for us! I'd love to see how you pull it off :fine: