Worth Buying From Lapiazza?

raphaela

Hi. I am wondering if anyone did buy heels from them recently? I am currently negotiating with them buying a nice pair of wedge heels which was done in an email thread after first filling out their very outdated form on their website. Now as everything should be clear they ask me to fill out the same form again and pay a deposit. Really strange, as that form from the last century can't even cover what we negotiated and they seem to insist on it. I currently do not trust this too much, so it would be nice to hear other's experiences. Will I ever get what I wanted? Ok, maybe I should just give it a try and see what happens, but they really seem strange and not customer oriented, especially as they claim they are a small company which doesn't even have to deduct VAT, which is the type of companies I normaly like very much if they are good...

Have a look at

http://www.shoebidoo....html#reviews-1

That sounds rather alarming.

Owner was Matthias Finke, but their website now lists Sabine Scholz (maybe the same Sabine who worked there with Herr Finke?)

They were located in Hilden near Düsseldorf, but seem to have relocated to a new location (still near Düsseldorf).

I once ordered a pair of heels from them years ago. It took more then a year for them to deliver. Always the problem was with their factory. After a year I had completely forgotten that I had ordered from them, more or less given up. Then one day, on a whim, I sent them a reminder and soon thereafter got the shoes. Later I noticed that they were the same kind of build and design as those of Leatherworks so I guess that was their factory. Not very recent experience, but that's my experience with them.

Why take risks? It's your hard-earned money. Don't waste it. There are plenty of good, reliable, shoe shops that cater to all kinds of needs, so go where the reputation is good and where you know you'll get good service and good product. Steve

Thanks for all the answers. So it seems to be a good idea to be careful to spend the money there. But what are the alternatives? I would like to find a competent shoemaker who can make good custom heels.

I'm sorry to say that the footwear industry is notorious for its unreliability. A man put a pair of shoes in for repair and soon afterwards he was arrested for armed robbery. After serving 10 years in jail, he found the repair stub in the pocket of the clothes he was wearing the day he was arrested. For a joke he took the stub to the cobbler who took one look at it and said, "They'll be ready monday!"

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Why take risks? It's your hard-earned money. Don't waste it. There are plenty of good, reliable, shoe shops that cater to all kinds of needs, so go where the reputation is good and where you know you'll get good service and good product.

Steve

Well, sometimes you want something that's different. Or in a bigger size then size 11 or if you're very lucky size 12. Or a little higher then 4" without those accursed platforms. And then you suddenly no longer have that much choice with those good old reliable shoe shops, who most of them unfortunately only seem to cater to the most common denominator. In my case I can't even shop in most of those good old reliable shoe shops because they have absolutely nothing in my size to begin with. I'm sure others have their reasons as well.

In all fairness though, I've yet to experience a real rip off. Although La Piazza came close.