Shopping For Heels: Help And Stories

HeeledTeen

Hey guys, i really wanna buy a pair of heels but i don't have the confidence to do it, and i have no reassurance to go through with it. I'd really appreciate any advice/tips/reassurance you can give me! (also stories about your first time trying on heels in a store) Thanks in advance! :-) Reece

Hmm.. I've looked at your other posts. You are 14, still live with your parents, fear that - if you get discovered - you heels will vanish into thin air... and you are afraid to buy them in the first place. You should ask yourself a couple of questions before you think about buying heels: - Why do you want to buy heels? - What would you say if your parents find the heels? - How do you think they would react? - Is there any secret between you and your parents at the moment? If not, do you want to make this a secret? (if yes: this is not a healthy start in getting the right relationship to heels. If you are hiding your heels now, you will always associate heels with something forbidden, which they are not) - What would you do if someone apart from your parents spotted you in your heels? - What type of heels would you want to buy? Something totally sexy with an ultra-high heel or something more regular looking? - Where would you wear your heels? Probably not at home I guess... If you have good answers to these questions, then I would start worrying about how or where to buy heels. Me: I didn't start before I had moved out of my parent's house. That made things much easier. First pair was bought through mail order, some pairs online, at some point I didn't care and also bought in a regular store - walking into the store already wearing heels...

First find out what kind of heels you want. Then find a store to go and buy them. Shop when its super busy, that way things will be moving fast and you won't have time to be nervous. If worse comes to worse, go to a thrift store, or a high fashion area. In this area they see guys buying heels all the time. Its just fashion. It has nothing to do with genders. If you have a sister, get her to buy them for you! I know about the fear about your parents. I won't wear my skinny heels around my parents even though they have seen me in 5" chunky heels running across a busy street. They must have been impressed! Good luck in your search. If you're in toronto, I'll take you out shopping. Ashley

I would encourage you to speak to your parents about this or a close relative / friend. If you are open about it at your young age everything will be easier. You live in a very tolerent society in the UK and it's much better to be open with those close to you rather than storing up secrets which only end up causing trouble. you are still very young so please seek advice from those who know you best.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Honesty is by far the best policy. Open up and discuss the issue with those you love. They'll love you still and they'll love you even more for trusting them with a potentially embarrassing subject. Don't do anything on the sly. It will just give you grief in the end and you'll hate yourself. Don't go there. Who knows? Maybe your mum will take you shoe shopping and give you feeback on what you look good in and help you adopt heels into your wardrobe in a very positive way. I'd love to hear you tell us that really happened! Steve