Yet Another Piece About Us

HighHeelLover86

This piece was written by a journalist from Autostraddle.com. Is self described as follows: "Autostraddle is an intelligent, hilarious & provocative voice and a progressively feminist online community for a new generation of kickass lesbian, bisexual & otherwise inclined ladies (and their friends)." However their piece about men and high heels was a fantastic read and very well executed. It also raised a lot of good questions so I thought I would share. Here is the link address. I don't know how to make it a link so you may have to copy/paste. http://www.autostraddle.com/high-heels-are-in-for-men-maybe-116761/

Life is like a good shoe store, the more variety the better!

Satyr: For as much as these people claim to be for equality, freedom and ' progressive feminists ', they sure do stereotype quite a bit ( I checked out the whole site. ) I looked at the pics of their members and Ill be 100% honest.. Men in heels here look more like women then MOST of those from that other site. Im not making an insult, Im stipulating a blatant FACT! That being said, I dont feel the majority there ' get it '. Its just a new ' Queer ' thing? Really? Damn, Darian is going to be pissed now :( . I dont think she knew she married a ' queer '. I didnt know I was ' queer ', not my fault! :D I saw Shafted and some others commented.. so I did too. ;) . Thats an older article though ( Oct/2011 )

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Yeah if we're going to change perceptions we're gonna have to get out there and set the record straight. Every guy that loves heels has slightly different reasons. I personally want great men's styles with great heels incorporated. Some guys do fall into some of the categories you have mentioned in your post ILK and that's cool too. But someone needs to get out there that's in "our" circle so to speak and give journalism the voice that they haven't really heard from yet, us. I don't think it can me an anybody kinda guy though. It's gonna have to be a high profile person that can get the conversation going. I mainly shared this article to illustrate this gap that exists in what people believe vs what the facts are. I greatly appreciate your honest comments ILK.

Life is like a good shoe store, the more variety the better!

Regarding the comments from that article----YAWN! Same old, same old. Saying those people are "progressive" is like calling the abacus cutting technology.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I think many wanted to be reassured and to reassure themselves after the NYT article with the photos of the two guys on sky high stiletto heeled booties. Maybe the same article with the same guys but in Hourani's creation may have a slightly different effect.