Commercial Food Industry.

Horseburger anyone?

(Peeps on this side of the pond know what I'm talking about!)

News of this is just hitting this side of the pond so many over here might not understand what your implying.

For the Yank's ( this is what I have gathered from my sources ) , Tara is speaking to something discovered in some of their foods. A bolona processing companies products were found to have some form of Horse DNA in them. It lead to a study of other products and they are finding out that horses were used as substitute meats in quite a few of their consumption products at their stores ( food ).

Being honest and from seeing first hand some of the steroids, growth hormones and anti-biotics being used on the bovine/cattle market here in the U.S. , Horse meat is probably less contaminated then the steaks people buy at the market.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I will admit I have eaten horse in the past, once while in France I ordered steak it wasn't until I had finished it the waiter told me it was horse steak and I must say it was nice. On leaving I told him his english was quite good but needs a little more practice he replied I was born in London and have only been in France a couple of years, well I. thought I would compliment him on something at least, he was not amused.

life is not a rehearsal

There is a Dutch fast food thing called `kroket' which in its traditional form contains horse meat. It is some type of ragout, rolled in bread crumbs and then deep fried. Most people like it. Depending on the quality there may be more or less meat. The more modern industrial versions are sometimes with beef, because somehow some people have a mental block for horse meat. In France it is also rather normal. You even have butchers specialized in it (Chevaline?) The problem is that it was sold as beef. It never mentioned on the package that it contains horse meat. It seems that one of the persons responsible, has before been convicted for selling horse meat as if it was Argentinian beef. Now he operates from Cyprus and does something similar again. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Frickadellas were traditionally horse too but I prefer the pork ones. It would seem that the biggest outrage wasn't the fact that the burgers contained horse meat it was just that they weren't labelled as such, most people taking the view that it's no different eating a horse than a cow.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

In France it is also rather normal. You even have butchers specialized in it (Chevaline?)

The problem is that it was sold as beef. It never mentioned on the package that it contains horse meat.

It seems that one of the persons responsible, has before been convicted for selling horse meat

as if it was Argentinian beef. Now he operates from Cyprus and does something similar again.

Y.

Indeed, boucherie chevaline.

You're right, the problem isn't the horsemeat as such, it's the fraud. It makes one doubt what else may have been going on with the meat. There was a case some years ago where people were cleaning up condemned chicken and selling it for supermarket products. It was such a big operation, going for so many years, that they said it was likely that anyone who had eaten chicken during the 1990s had probably eaten some of it. That's why I'm glad I only buy meat from my butcher and don't buy ready prepared food.

The next one is quite cute. I will translate it from the original Dutch. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Beefsteak-king serves horse Steakhouse "Piet de Leeuw" in Amsterdam is already many years famous for its excellent beefsteaks. However, according to an investigation by "Het Parool" (a newspaper in the Netherlands) it is not beef, but 100% horsemeat. The newspaper had the meat investigated by a butcher, a masterchef and a DNA laboratory. According to Het Parool it turns out not to be beef-, but horse-steak. The owner, Loek van Thiel, claims not to understand anything of the results. The provider of the restaurant, "Fontijn vlees", says: "it is impossible that the owner does not know that it is horse meat". --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Interesting that, if it is such a good restaurant, none of the 'gourmets' that have eaten there have never noticed. How much more of this is going on? Must be plenty. Y.

Edited by yozz

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

One of these is just for my family. The rest are for the business. Its a year-round thing and non-modified seeds are used and cultivated each season/cycle.

I really dont like buying veggies and potatoes from the market.

Posted Image

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Being honest and from seeing first hand some of the steroids, growth hormones and anti-biotics being used on the bovine/cattle market here in the U.S. , Horse meat is probably less contaminated then the steaks people buy at the market.

The biggest worry that horsemeat can contain bute which is a kind of anti-inflammatory and pain killer and dangerous for humans.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.