My Collection Of Heels So Far

mlroseplant

On the left, my two pairs of Sofft Avianos (my start in public heeling). 3.5 inch heel with platform. Got them in black and brown, and I wouldn't hesitate to visit Disney World in these shoes. They are so comfortable. I have worn the heels out on both these pairs, and need to visit the cobbler. Next, we have the Sofft Willa. It's a shootie, 3.5 inch heel without platform. I had a period of adjustment getting used to these. They're not that high, but for some reason, I didn't take to them naturally. I put in gel pads under the ball of the foot, and also heel liners. With practice and conditioning, I can wear them well now. I love the look of them. Not too feminine, but still pretty high. One slot further to the right, we have the Eurosofft Sacha. Eurorsofft is the lower level brand of Sofft. These shoes haven't got quite the quality of the regular Sofft brand, but they're pretty nice. I bought them in 9.5 women's US size. In retrospect, I should have bought size 9. I use ball-of-foot padding, plus I stuff Kleenex or something else into the toe of the shoe to make it fit right. With these modifications, I can wear this shoe just about anywhere. Not quite as comfortable as the Avianos, but close, and makes a much nicer clacking sound. The next pair to the right are Sbicco Huttons in dark brown. These are a clog type shoe with a 4.5 inch heel. I have yet to wear these out. No, I'm a liar, actually I wore these to a rehearsal with my church choir director one Friday afternoon. These are made in the USA, but they are not really high quality. Also, they are silent when you walk. I don't really like that so much. I like to make a little noise when I walk. Next are the Nine West Oxfords I just purchased last week. They have a 4.75" heel with a .75" platform. They are patent leather and quite flashy. I've become enamoured of these heels, and have worn them quite a bit in the last few days. Last, on the far right, we have the Calvin Klein Briah. Don't know whether to call it a pump or a "shootie," but they are the highest heels I own, at 5. 25". Maybe I should have gotten a size bigger than the 9 I got, but I've managed to stretch it with a ziplock bag filled with water and a freezer, and now they don't make my toes go all numb. Love the height, but the Nine West oxfords are so much more attractive and impressive. Happy heeling, everyone!

post-19325-0-17168000-1356329423_thumb.j

While growing from a toddler to a young child, I really wanted to wear the patent leather Mary Janes that my sister was privileged to wear. In the beginning period when she first got them, I was too young to understand the meaning of ownership right then and figured I could wear them when she wasn't. Of course, the first time I put the Mary Janes on, I couldn't buckle the straps, but they felt great and I loved the way my feet looked wearing them. As I started to walk around, my sister caught me and showed her anger. Then she told Mom about my activity. I was told to immediately take them off using the reason that they were my sister's. Why did that mean I couldn't wear them when she wasn't? Later when my sister wasn't around, I put the Mary Janes on without fastening the buckles again and started playing around the house. This time Mom saw me and said that I had to take them off and put them back because they were not mine. The concept of mine was finally understood, but this didn't banish my desire to wear them. I found that I could still satisfy my desire to wear them, if I did it in secret. So, I would get up off my bed when I thought everyone else was asleep and I put them on, learning to buckle the straps and wore them through the night in bed and return them to their spot in the morning. This procedure did not always have a happy conclusion for there were times I slept too long and got caught, but this was the only way I saw how to satisfy my desire to wear them. This line of thinking helped to introduce another concept which became ingrained while I learned to keep my thoughts and desires about wanting to wear these patent leather shoes as secretive as possible. As a result, this process brought feelings of not being like others and created a fear scenario should my secret ever be exposed to more than my immediate family, who were somewhat aware of my desire, but were in a state of denial or felt that I would grow out of this longing. Now all this stuff happened around my ripe old age of three, which seemed to be alleviated when my sister grew too big to wear her Mary Janes any more and got some other shoes. To me, when I understood what was happening, it meant that I could now have them to wear. Wasting little time, I fastened the buckles as I put them on and walked toward the rest of my family to declare my ownership of these patent leather shoes. There were some signs of reluctance to my declaration, but when everything was considered, the ruling was in my favor. To even express a token of elation would not come close to the satisfaction and joy I felt at this time. I was actually free to wear my choice of footwear openly! They only came off my feet for baths, feet cleaning, or when needing to take out unwanted objects. Another good point is I had grown just enough so that my new shoes fit perfectly. I existed in this state of contented ecstasy for about 4 months or until my good looking shoes started to show obvious signs of deterioration, but this did not give me cause for alarm for all I had to do is get another pair just like my sister was able to choose. That day came and my elation was crushed when I became aware of the realization that getting another pair of Mary Janes wasn't going to happen. No amount of pleading or rehearsing the examples of how much I wanted them would be successful. I had to return home with some footwear that I loathed. My prior feelings of alienation came back and I felt forced to go back into the secretive world I had formerly created to deal with this trauma. I was all alone for I knew of no one else to talk with, who felt the same or even close to as similar as I did. The only ones who had any incite about my feelings were my parents and they had made their opposition clear, so any attempt to approach or discuss the subject with them never happen. My siblings never showed any concern when occurances of my desire happened in their presence. The subject always seemed to be a prohibited discussion. Since those earlier years of my mortality, I have gone through many cycles between assimilating to the stereotype society has determined I should achieve and satisfying my need to wear the type of footwear that I have become grossly enamored with because of my lack of public exhibition from my fear of the imagined social repercussions. I often wonder how different everyone's life could have been had I been less timid about publicly showing my desire to wear high heels. This attitude from the past continues to haunt even after I have made the decision to be an openly public male heeler. Much of my strength to achieve this goal comes from reading the successful progressions of those who choose to post in this forum and accessing other on-line evidences of men wearing heels. I was surprized recently when I became aware that many men who are into body building, wear high heels to better present their craft. For as many nay-sayers on the internet about men in heels, there are internet examples of men who enjoy wearing their high heeled footwear. Earlier I made a reference to the intensity of my need to have and wear high heels. I have amassed quite a collection of stilettos and most of them are pumps of different heel heights, closed toe boxes with and without platforms, materials, textures, colors, and appliques. I really love patent leathers for they are the most attractive in my opinion while being almost maintenance free, except for the occasionally needed wipe offs. No matter how many I have, when I see another pump that attracts my gaze, chances are they will soon be included in my available to wear selections.

I appreciate your acknowledgement, Steve63130. There aren't many male heelers who can claim to be as scared more than I am to achieve a public personna as a high heeler. My constant conflict with my ingrained attitude towards society to overcome my fears concerning heeling openly happens each time I intend to leave my secured privacy. The intensity of these fears lessen the more I regularly leave my secrecy issues behind and enjoy wearing the good look I perceive that my stilettos are presenting. Others may be surprize upon seening that guy in heels, but everyone should have at least one first time example of men wearing heels. Hopefully, the number of sightings will soon be too numerous to count and the appearance will become as usual as shaking the hands of friends. Yes high heels are enhancingly attractive which has given them the favored status to be worn and seen by both men and women. They may now be viewed as feminine attributes, but it takes aggressive (masculine) attitudes to wear them. Even social dictates and stereotypes are inept to confine the choice of wearing high heels to one human segment. Of all the testosteroned activities, I was led to believe macho body builders would shun the wearing of heels, especially stilettos. To my surprize, apparently some muscle men prefer the benefits of wearing stilettos to modify their sculptured muscle look and their trimmed shaping.