Pet Peeves

You all have heard of the Elephant in the room story.

From the "OH-poor-me!" file: "My wife/girlfriend doesn't understand",

"How can I tell my wife/S.O.?", "What do I tell people who confront me?", "How can I get my S.O. to wear heels?".

:D :argue:

Want some cheese to go with the WHINE? If you want sympathy you'll find it after "Sorry" and "S***" in the dictionary.

Facts are "Would've, colud've and should've" never did s***.

I was before a Judge who put it quite well "There ain't no magic wand for this. You have to approach the issue head on, with conviction and honesty and brace yourself for the fallout.".

Damn good advice.

Confrontation while not easy is always better than ANY other course of action.

THAT should irritate a few!

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

• 3 weeks later...

As long as this Pet Peeves thread is open... I have several pet peeves. One involves incredibly uncaring women who... Just kidding, Anita! I actually enjoyed your post! Ok - seriously... One of my pet peeves involves salespeople. No matter who, what, where, why, or when, if I walk into a store, they attack. Lately, it's been getting more polite - if I say, "no thank you," they do back off quite readily and let me browse. It used to be, though, they'd ignore that and begin showing you their product line, trying to talk me into buying. At one point I got so steamed in a major department store that I asked to speak with the floor manager. When I described the problem, he turned to the saleslady and gave her a look then turned back to me and said, "I'm sorry, sir - I'll take whatever measures are necessary to ensure it doesn't happen again." That's when I really got steamed! I said, "Hold on there, Tex! You think it's her fault? Think again! It's yours! All of your salespeople here attack myself and others the same way. They don't give us room to think, much less shop. Are they all to blame for that? I don't think so! Who trained them? Aren't you the one who sets policy, who trains them, who holds them to a certain standard?" He stared dumbfounded for another twenty seconds as I finished, then actually apologized - for himself. You know - there's been a significant change at that store...