any other heelers with (mental) disabilities

TXT-1

like the subject header says, anyone with a mental disabilty? Because I am 23 years old, Male, Straight, and I suffer from High Fuctioning Autisim, and life is rather hard for me, because I find it hard to comunicate I will probably never have a girlfriend, because of the autism (I think that's the reason) I have my shoe "fetish", I do have other interests (my farm hack "The Defect", my PS2, surfing the net and, I am a self confessed car nut) but my heel "fetish" (it's not really a fetish, as I don't get turned on by wearing them, I just am fixated by them) rules my life. I have a normal IQ but the autism is still an intellectual disability and my thinking is a bit bizarre (autism affects the way the brain processes information). I would really like to find someone (prefferably female) that likes me the way I am and understands my disability and my fetish later, TXT-1

Hello TXT. I must congratulate you on posting such a frank, honest and moving message. It illustrates my own conclusion: That once someone recognises that they have an inbuilt high heel interest/fetish/passion, they will ultimately lead much happier lives by admitting it and enjoying it (in a harmless way) rather than feeling ashamed of it. The very best of luck to you TXT! I hope you can enjoy the high heels scene as much as you possibly can, and I do hope you meet a lady of the sort you describe! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Hello TXT-1, -I am sorry to begin with the fact (I hope so at least) that I am neither a girl or having mental defects. -But please stay active with the whole gang here!!! I hope to speak for all of us when I tell you that all your posts are very welcome here. I have not read up on autism recently, but have the feeling that a lot of scientists currently are of the opinion that it is a "blockage" that may be broken by a lot of things. So perhaps enjoying the High Heel interest here might be the "thing" for you that starts the snowball rolling. You have already made over 100 posts here, so it seems like you have found a likeable channel for your thoughts. -Please continue, and feel free to contact me (or someone else who sees and responds) privately if you want to chat without an audience. I wish you the best with your goals, TallSwede

Well TXT-1 I do have some dyslexia and slight ADD, it does cause you to see things differently. A frend, a teacher, once commented on the ADD and added "just look at your high heels". This whole thing is most likely a right brain activity.

I'm not sure whats diferent about me, I know I have a little dyslexia, and went off the chart with the ADD tests (not ADHD, unless caffine is involved). But I have spent time with multiple profesionals. Not everyone is wired the same way, but we are the ones that keep the world interesting :D Keep a good attitude, I felt that a combination of things would keep me from being able to have a lasting meaningfull relationship.. Hell even my mom told me that once due to my interests that include heels.. but fortunatly I did finally meet up with someone I truly do love, and who accepts me the way I am :( It can happen, and it will happen. Just keep your eyes open. Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

At the age of seven I was tested by a number of different child psychologists and they concluded that there was something very strange about me. I have a high IQ, never participated in lessons but always came top in the exams and by the time I was eight I had read every book in the school including most of Dickens' novels and Lord Of The Rings. I couldn't remember my address but I could tell you the plot of any book I have recently read with intricate detail and I can remember the plot of every book. I never had any friends aprt from those who could not make friends with anyone else, but really i was a total loner and painfully shy. Now thirty three years later I still have trouble decyphering what the world is about and cannot see things that others find so obvious yet can solve complex problems almost instantly, sometimes in rather peculiar ways. I don't know whether I had a touch of autism but on meeting someone else who has been diagnosed I notice a lot of similarities of behaviour, an almost obsessive need to acquire information on subjects that interest me with almost total disregard for those that don't, and highly efficient problem solving abilities.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

thank you for sharing that with us, txt-1. your post was both thoughtful and frank. i have Asperger Syndrome so I have a somewhat 'different' view on life. I have only had this diagnosed within the last two years and I am 26 years old now. I always knew that I did things 'differently'. at school I could have flashed of genius one moment and be a complete jelly brain the next. since then I have learned to accept who I am and what I do. i have no qualms with being labelled 'different' at all, because if we were all the same, the world would be a very boring place! Whats more, is that I couldn't have got where I am without the help and support of my family who understand the slightly strange things that i get up to from time-to-time!! txt-1, i wish you all the happiness in the world best wishes jay

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

As a rule, whenever I have seen women with Down's Sydrome (Mongolism) out and about, they are normally dressed in stout shoes and lace-ups etc. However, I remember seeing one such lady in her late teens wearing pretty high (about 4 1/2") stiletto heels. For some reason, it took me by surprise, but then I thought "Well done - good for you!". Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

... Because I am 23 years old, Male, Straight, and I suffer from High Fuctioning Autisim, and life is rather hard for me, because I find it hard to comunicate I will probably never have a girlfriend ...

I have a relative who was born with a terrible and uncurable skin condition that covers his entire body. Yet when he was in his 20's, he found a girlfriend and married her.

I also have heard stories of people with disabilities who end up marrying their caregivers. And there are disabled people who marry other disabled people they met during treatment. Caregivers and others with disabilities are probably the two best groups of people who would be most compassionate and understanding of your condition.

I have no known disabilities. Yet I did not find my partner until I was 50. So if those of us without disabilities sometimes have a hard time finding a partner, what does that tell you ?

I suspect that having a disability might make your search a little more difficult. But it does not make it impossible.

Just don't give up. Widen your horizons. And never say never.

Good luck.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

I had Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder between the ages of 6 and 22. It peaked in my middle through late teens. It caused a lot of anxiety and affected my relationships with family and friends, but somehow I managed to function on a reasonably normal level.

I was never actually diagnosed with this disease, but I had every classical symptom described in popular books on the subject, e.g. The Boy Who Could Not Stop Washing. It probably would have made no practical difference; there was no effective treatment for it at the time.

I guess I was lucky because the disease went into remission (along with my migraines) after I graduated from college and has not returned since.

Michael

I thought I'd add a little more! I don't have a drivers Licence I went to 10 yes TEN lessons it wasn't the driving that was the problem it was the unwritten rules that got me :D but I don't need my licence as I have my farm hack "The Defect" which has been a truckload of fun, and if I need to go into town I can catch a bus, I don't wear my heels in public because I have trouble understanding people with out heels let alone in black patent/ black plastic unit 6" "stripper" plats later, TXT-1

I don't know whether I had a touch of autism but on meeting someone else who has been diagnosed I notice a lot of similarities of behaviour, an almost obsessive need to acquire information on subjects that interest me with almost total disregard for those that don't, and highly efficient problem solving abilities.

This kind of behaviour is normally referred to as a 'Genius'.

This kind of behaviour is normally referred to as a 'Genius'.

So I gather, as I said I do have a high IQ but as a child I had quite a lot of difficulty making sense of the world. I didn't even realise that there was even any such thing as a weekend until I was about 6 or 7 years old! Yet I could have recited the dates of the phases of the moon and tide tables!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

my Farm hack is a march '77 build Datsun 120Y (they were sold in the states as a datsun b210) it is a load of crap but I like driving it since I can't drive anywhere else, and yes I do give it a hiding (especially in winter when there is wet grass around :D it should be dead considering hat it has a blown head gasket but it's a Datsun! and will not die! the link is

http://www.geocities.com/flgnowbla/defect.html if you want to know what I drove before "The Defect" http://www.geocities.com/flgnowbla/lineup.html

and I think my home page in in my profile

later,

TXT-1

"The Defect", and all those cars are mine, and I do the modification my self, however Dad helped me put the 250 2V engine in the XD ute but I killed it by not checking the condition of the radiator for leaks and cooked it (I hope the head isn't cracked as a 2V head is worth a fortune in the states! I'm a self confessed petrol head! later, TXT-1

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I have been diagnosed with a anxiety depression dissorder. I feel that my brain is wired differently from most people. As a child I felt that there was something different about me. Heels diden't come into the picture till much later. Thankyou for your discloser because I thought I was alone in this area.

77r90dL lf

Hi, TXT-1 - glad you're here! I suffer from a tendancy to see things very differently than the average crowd. Sometimes it's a tremendous help, sometimes it can mean a bit of ostracization at times. Someone once said, "No one is normal. Everyone varies from the norm in many ways, some more so than others. Variation is inherent in the system - it's what makes life interesting!" Take pride in the fact that you're different. Although you may have problems processing info in some ways, you hit the nail on the head - you're not inferior, just different. We're all different. Viva la difference!