What Are You Doing For Halloween?

radiodave

I think I know what I want to do, even though it's not exactly a costume. I want to wear my dark blue dress shirt, tie, dark sport coat, black dress slacks, and either my black Jessica Simpson "Adeni" pumps, or my purple Aldo "Jonquiere" pumps, no socks. Why? Because I like the look, it's stylish, albeit unusual, and it's Halloween. I'm co-directing a play and we have a rehearsal that night, so I'm sure my co-director and cast will get a look. I'm a regular at the karaoke bar, and some of the other regulars have already talked about having a costume night, so maybe I'll go there after our rehearsal. I'm not sure I'm ready to "come out" to friends, but I figure on Halloween it might be more "accepted". It could be interesting if they ask "so what are you going to do with those shoes after today?".

I came out to friends a long time ago Dave. I'm so glad I did. I basically came out to everyone except my family. Friends were so understanding. They understood me when I told them I just like wearing high heels. Not only that but I found that those friends actually defended my decision to wear high heels. I suppose that's what true friends are. How could we want anything else?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Not applicable in the UK, there's no tradition of any kind of cross dressing or heel wearing at Halloween for men. It's scary/ monster costumes al round.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I did the cross dressing thing on Halloween on two occasions. The first one was a hit. My wife and I both went as French Maids to a big party at the Wrigley (think Wrigley Field Writley's) Mansion in Phoenix. I wore five-inch black pattent pumps with ankle straps. I got more attention for rocking those shoes than I have ever had before. Women loved the fact that I could walk so well in them and they checked in with me all nigth to see how my feet were doing. If I were a single man I could have brought five or six different women home that night. Good thing I am married or it could have gotten dangereous :-) The second time came about as a stupid druken bet with my niece over who was taller these days - she is taller barefoot. Knowing that she was not really into wearing heels I bet that if I wore my heels from Halloween and she wore her tallesst pair of heels that I would likely would be taller. I know, stupid things happen when alcohol is around. She razzed me about that bet several times after the bet was made so I agreed to "crash" her Halloween party cross dressed so that we could finalize the bet. I didn't go as a french maid as the costume rental was like $100 but I did pick up an on sale outfit from Torrid that was a pretty hot club night type of outfit. I won the bet. This year I don't beleive that any cross dressing will be happening. We have a 15 week old son and the Mrs is big on some kiind of theme between the three of us like The Incrediables or the like. Have fun, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I'm not sure I'm ready to "come out" to friends, but I figure on Halloween it might be more "accepted". It could be interesting if they ask "so what are you going to do with those shoes after today?".

You could ditch the pants, get a shorter skirt, a garter set and stockings with really frilly/lacy tops, and say ' I dunno what I wanted to be so I guess Im on the fence that is waist high tonight '. Like a 50/50 or half-and-half type of thing.

Im supposed to be playing at a party but I dunno if I will be up to it physically. If so, Ill have to wear a skirt or really baggy pants of somekind.

Maybe do an Anime character of some sorts?

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Me? Why I will be celebrating my birthday. Well, that pretty much explains everything.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I'm going to be at a family wedding that's within 20 miles of three theaters showing Rocky Horror with shadow cast, but I don't think we'll be able to sneak out early. May be able to get some heeling in over the weekend, but no crossing. Guess I'll save money on the pack of razors it would take to shave my legs. LOL!