Heel-Meets in New Places (USA? Australia? etc.)

Heelfan

Here in the little old UK, we seem to have done particularly well in having successfully accomplished a good number of enjoyable Heel-Meets, usually attended by anything up to about twelve members (see reports under this section "Real Life Meetings"). We even jointly organise the odd Euro Heel-Meet on the Continent, where the UK contingent can be joined by those from Scandinavia, Holland, Germany, Belgium, France etc. It's all great stuff, but I'm a little surprised and disappointed that similar Meets don't appear to have occurred in the other membership hotbeds such as the USA and Australia! Now, obviously members are much more spread-out in both the North American and the Australian continents, but have any of the leading lights amongst the USA or Australian membership ever thought of using this "Real Life Meetings" section to try and arrange any Heel-Meets? Even if you only achieved one overy year or two, I'm sure you'd all enjoy it enormously! Re. Australia, Beeblebrox has been posting that he's currently down there and keen to meet people (see his thread just below this one), so that's one possible candidate for starters! Can Bubba, Inga, Jane and others let us know their thoughts? Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I have tried to get another high heel member or two in my area to meet some where, but with no success. In time somthing will happen, but I guess I am the only one willing at this time.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

But don't you Americans fly around by plane to see each other, a bit like us catching the bus? Ionic seems to be right, New York and the West Coast do seem to have to biggest concentrations, especially the West Coast. The way to organise it would be the same as we do in the UK - put an eye catching general posting in "Real Life Meetings", reinforced by PMs to all the geographically-likely members that you find by sifting through the membership list. It would be great to hear of such a thing actually taking plave in the States! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

But don't you Americans fly around by plane to see each other, a bit like us catching the bus?

Tis a matter of money, old chap. Even taking the bus to go cross the continent (WHAT A HORRIBLE THOUGHT!) would cost at least $100 one way. If you book six months in advance, air travel between MAJOR cities is usually less expensive, but not by much. An acquaintance told me she flew to London and back over Thanksgiving week, from LA for ~$250, booked last February through a special deal she heard about, but the commuter faire from St. George, to Salt Lake City, thence to LA was another $195!

It would be quite literally cheaper to fly to London from NYC (or LA) than to fly to NYC or LA from someplace inside America!

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Shoee and Elf have suggested a heelmeet in the Virigina, DC, Maryland area some months ago. I don't believe they had any takers, though. Perhaps they could try again. (I am sure they still monitor this board).

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Heelfan! have you ever heard the saying "you can't get there from here"? I live in very deep flyover country. It's just a blip out the window of most airliners passing overhead. To collect enough people together to have a decent heelmeet would take at least an 8 hour drive, which I would not be able to do anytime soon.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.