Reason for wearing heels

imrogers

Next week I'm going to start wearing my 3 inch block heels on a regular basis at work. The office is mainly man populated and would appreciate suggestions on excuses why I am wearing heels. I was think about a physio/medical reason but have not yet come up with any specifics ideas yet?

Why bother with excuses? Just be truthful and say you wear heels because you like to! I wear heels, mostly pumps on a daily basis at the office where I work and found that honesty works better than some convoluted excuse that some of your co-workers might not believe anyway. I'm sure this is a bold step for you, but it can be done. Good luck to you.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I entirely agree with the last two contributors. Just say you like wearing them - NOTHING CAN BEAT THE TRUTH! Another classic that a lot of us use to great effect is "We guys can't let women have ALL the fun!". Believe, me it's best to steer completely clear of silly excuses. Firstly, people are not fools, and most are not fooled by implausible excuses, especially if (as is probably) you look a bit guilty as you blurt them out. Secondly, it doesn't help you later on when everyone's accustomed to your 3" blocks and you want to do what most of us have done and get a little higher an slimmer in the heel. No medical reason can be found for wearing slimmer heels, so you'd just be trapped, having commited yourself to an early, inadequate excuse. Thirdly, its a great liberating feeling to just keep smiling, look everyone in the eye and tell it like it is! Ultimately, you'll gain much MORE respect from people this way than by being furtive and deceitful. I know, I've been happily street-heeling for over 40 years and I've been through it all! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

You may get a surprise and have no one notice; or, if they do notice, nothing will be said. With block heels, assuming that your pants cover most of the heel, and with a mostly male office, generally men do not notice shoes just ask women, the odds of being noticed go down. The guys may notice that you are taller, but generally I do not think that men call to attention to their own height unless they are the tallest guy around. I would think the most likely comment is nice shoes, or something similar, to which you say thank you. Otherwise, if someone does ask why you are wearing heels, as noted above, the answer is because I like them.

Go gently through life.

I agree! I should have added in my posting that initially, it's best to say NOTHING! In this day and age of liberated fashions and "Anything goes", as Coolshoes says, it's odds-on that everyone will either a) Not notice at all, or B) The odd person will notice, but will simply accept it with little or no comment. It's only if someone comments in a mildly challenging way (which hardly ever happens) that you might feel you owe them an explanation. But then, as we've all said, don't lie, just tell the truth. Another good truthful comment which I sometimes use is "Although I am not in the slightest bit gay, I'm a guy that likes a bit of a heel under me". That seems to satisfy everyone's curiosity. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I agree that honesty is the best way to go. If anyone asks, just say "I like them." What can they say to that? I personally am still not brave enough to wear heels out in public by myself, but I often imagine how I would handle people's reactions and confrontations, if I had the courage. I would keep it short and simple: I imagine if someone said, "Why are you wearing those shoes?", I would just say, "Why not?". And if they then said, "Because they're women's shoes", then I would just shrug and say, "So what?" And then what can they say? Just keep your responses honest, innocent, and polite. After that, if they were rude enough to insult or ridicule me, I would start to get offended and say, "What's it to you? Why do you care what I'm wearing?" Or, "Nobody's saying you have to like it." And just end the conversation. Of course it's all easier said than done. But I think the key is to first convince yourself that you're not doing anything wrong, and if anyone has a problem with it, it's their problem not yours. Then if someone is inconsiderate enough to insult you, you should get angry at them for being such a jerk, instead of feeling guilty or embarrassed about it. Imagine you wore a striped shirt to work one day, and someone came up to you and said, "Man, that's an ugly shirt - why are you wearing stripes? You look ridiculous!" Would you feel embarrassed and guilty about it? No, you'd say, "F*&$ you, a%@hole! What's your problem?" Obviously it's a little different when it's high heels, but I think you have to adopt the same kind of mindset - as if the shoes are a normal and acceptable thing for you, and anyone who would insult you is just an inconsiderate jerk - and who cares what an inconsiderate jerk thinks? That's my theory, anyway. I imagine when I finally have the guts to wear heels regularly, that's the mindset I'll have. Anyway, good luck! Let us know how it goes!

"No matter what they say"

If anyone asks, just say "I like them." I imagine if someone said, "Why are you wearing those shoes?", I would just say, "Why not?".

And if they then said, "Because they're women's shoes", then I would just shrug and say, "So what?"

I agree. Honest and innocent answers are best. But it may be a good idea to start from lower to higher to get more confidant and comfortable.

Something like this:

Posted Image or Posted Image

I don't think anyone can say that these are not for men:)

You don't have start with these:

Posted Image

HH forever!

On more than a few occasions here and there, I've been asked why I was wearing women's shoes, and of course, my response was, without hesitation: "Because I like to!" Then I add this little rejoinder: "Besides, they're not women's shoes, they're MY shoes!" Plain and simple.

I started because I liked them, then found out they were better for me than flats, they really are. I also make sure people know their womens, if they ask. Being able to wear a standard womens size is neat I think, something to be happy about.

I agree with the other posters - never make up a reason. Why do you wear heels?

Believe it or not, most people are least somewhat adept at discerning whether someone is being completely truthful or not. Be truthful, and it's difficult to go wrong.

Why do I wear heels?

The primary reason is that my ankle hurts a lot when I'm wearing anything less than a 2-in heel (old soccer injury).

The secondary reason, which I developed long after I began wearing heels for the primary reason, is that in some cases, I think I actually look ok in a pair of conservative heels.

At any rate, after hours I wear heels pretty much all the time, whether it's the sandals at home or the boots while out. Both are fairly non-descript (they don't stand out).

But that's me - I'm sure others are different.

Why make up a reason. It sounds like you have something to hide. And lieing about "medical" necessity is hardly very convincing. What is the real reason you want to wear heels? Probably because you like the look or want to be taller or whatever, so tell it like it is. It always amuses me when people think up these slightly offbeat reasons for wearing heels or other items. Like they have a bad back. Or they must wear hose because trousers scratch their legs. Or lip gloss prevents chapped lips etc. I mean it might all be true, but you'll be respected a lot more for being honest. So you like heels, hose, or lip gloss. So what? They're only inanimate objects.

Well done Imrogers! That wasn't so difficult, was it? It'll get even easier from now on, and you can look forward to the bliss and liberation of enjoying heeling in public like many of the rest of us. Well done! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I agree with most of answers written here. If coworkers ask why your wear high heels, high heels boots or whatever, say the "truth". Don't invent medical reasons or an evasion answer. Just tell them that you like to wear high heels and you are confortable in it. That's it :( Probably that some of them will laugh at you, then you can reply something like this : "Do you try to wear high heels only ONCE? If you answer is no, before laughing at me, try a pair and after that, we could talk about wearing high heels! Ok?" That kind of reply make people to shut up before saying anything without the experience/knowledge. Some guy will support you to continue. Other will discourage you or even insult you, but just ignore them. They don't know what they miss!!!!!!!!!!!! I give you all my support :(:(

Congrats imrogers! I too was nervous about wearing heels at work, but it has been over a month now (probably closer to 2) that I have been wearing 3 1/2 inch block heel boots to work. I work in on an Army base and was nervous to do it initially. No one has noticed or commented. I also wear longer pants, but I know too that sometimes when I sit the pants ride up and you can see the heels. I was nervous at first but now and very comfortable wearing them and not once person has made a comment yet. Scotty

• 6 months later...

Why do I wear high heels? Several reasons. The first is that I wear them for ME. I like the feel of a heel under me. The sensual way that it changes the posture of your feet, ankles, legs, hips and thighs. I sometimes have a tendancy to let my posture droop a little and you must stand up straighter in heels and keep your knees straighter. They cause you to walk differently as you must use a smaller gait. At first the click of the heels bothered me a lot, but as time goes on, I am less aware of the sound of my heels or maybe I'm just getting used to hearing that sound as being normal and I do enjoy the feeling of the fit of the shoe and the feeling of the boot shaft encasing and supporting my foot and leg. They are comfortable to wear for long periods of time and I get great enjoyment from wearing heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Honesty is always the best and easiest approach, I agree with many of the posters. You do not have to keep a story straight, and be on guard all the time. When I work up the courage to go out in heels I expect I will be nervous enough, without adding the addtional element of tension by telling a lie. Why should women have all the options and fun when it comes to shoes?

classic style high heel boots

Well, for me anyway, here's another reason why I wear heels, especially pumps:

Because I look damn good in 'em!!! :roll:

Again, the value of honesty. From the start, I've told co-workers that I wear women's shoes because I like to, and I was accepted for being forthright. Co-workers have told me on many occasions that I look good in heels, a few people have even gone so far as to say I'd look weird in men's shoes. And they're absolutely right! :roll: