Just Bought My Girlfriend New Heels

onhertoes

Hi everyone, Maybe some of you remember some of my posts a while ago about my girlfriend not wearing highheels. Well she ended up getting an office job and she had to start dressing the part. We found a pair for her that was a 3 inch heel. She was not very good at walking in them but after a few weeks she was great. Well she never thought she could master the 3 inch heel and she did. She was kind of excited about it in a way. She kind of knows now that I love highheels on women. After 5 1/2 inchs It does nothing for me. Well I bought a pair from Aldo called Fravel for her. They have a 4 inch heel.

Let me know what you think of them.. Anyone have a pair ?

Here is a link

http://www.aldoshoes...0059-fravel/97

Mike

I asked her how she was able to get so good handling the 3inch shoes and she told me a stretching routine she did every moring and in the evening. A friend of hers told her by kneeling and sitting on her feet it would help stretch her legs . Then she would stand on the edge of a stair and go up on her toes as high as she could and back down as low as she could go. She said it was a real work out for her legs. I told her I will go with her this week to find another pair for her with the a 3 inch heel just so she can work up to the 4 inch over time.

* Comfy Loafer * Did you make it to the Aldo store ? My girlfriend went to work in them today. A few people noticed her heel hight a little higher. She had a few people tell her they liked the shoes. Even my girlfriend likes them even though she said it was not easy walking in them yet. They seem to be very well made.

Ummm.. Ill take it that you were referring to me as ' comfy loafer '. I didnt make it to the store as Im not allowed to drive right now. Friday, Im back on my own 2 feet and plan to do some shopping for a LOT of clothes :) . Nothing i have fits me right now outside of sweat pants and sweaters. I plan to see if the local Aldo outlet has those kicks. If they do, Im snagging them.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Ummm.. Ill take it that you were referring to me as ' comfy loafer '.

I didnt make it to the store as Im not allowed to drive right now. Friday, Im back on my own 2 feet and plan to do some shopping for a LOT of clothes :) . Nothing i have fits me right now outside of sweat pants and sweaters.

I plan to see if the local Aldo outlet has those kicks. If they do, Im snagging them.

You can buy aldo online.

You can buy aldo online.

True Maverick, but you'd miss out on trying them on in the store.

Onhertoes, it's fantastic that your girlfriend seems to be really enjoying discovering heels. Those high thin heels from Aldo look super-stylish but quite a challenge for a beginner, she's doing great to master those and be showered with compliments already.

If you like it, wear it.

It took her a while to get used to her 3 inch heels. She was doing all kinds of stretches and practicing around her place. Then when she went to work with them the first day she had her flats with her as a back up. But she told me she left the heels on all day. I asked her a few times to meet after work to get a bite to eat. And she never had her flats on. Always the heels. Some of the places we would eat at was kind of far from the place we parked the cars. I never thought she would have her heels on. She mastered the 3 inch like as if the heel was not there. When she saw the new shoes with the 4 inch heel she did not notice the extra inch. She just sat down and put them on and while sitting she just said they need to be broken in before she could bring them to work. She looked at them and said wow the thin heel makes them steeper then my other pair. I just said well are you going to stand up so I can see how they look. She got up and said wow.. they are so high. Looks like I will be busy getting this pair broken in... She still needs a little practice but she will do it. It is amazing that just one inch can make such a difference in a womens shoe.

Edited by onhertoes

The higher the heel, the bigger difference an inch makes.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

The higher the heel, the bigger difference an inch makes.

I don't think she will go any higher then this new pair. But she did say her feet felt great in them. Maybe a 41/2 inch heel next time..

Edited by onhertoes

I don't think she will go any higher then this new pair. But she did say her feet felt great in them. Maybe a 41/2 inch heel next time..

Depending on yours and her preference, you can always 'cheat' and move into platforms (5" heel w/ 1" platform).

Hi barefoot,

those heels are truely a beautiful shoe. You girlfriend will enjoy wearing them, and she has no doubt said so. As an experienced full-time wearer of such heels I offer you this advice in both her and your interests. The chosen shoe is a good height, and if shes not fully used to a 3inch it will take considerable time to become fully used to a 4inch heel. The 1 inch height difference is very significant. You really need to wear these heels to truely understand. That skinny heel will also make life a little tricker when dialling up the height at the same time. Be mindful that that shoe has a pointy toe and the higher up you go the more you slide forward or down the heel so if pointies are new for her then as her feet swell during the day they may become uncomfortable late in the day. I'm sure she'll conquer them because she'll want to - they will look sexy as on her legs, and she will enjoy the attention.

You mentioned maybe 4 and a half inches next - 4 inch to 4.5inches will be many times harder than the current transition from 3 to 4inch heels. Don't expect instantaneous results because it could take the fun out of it for both of you.

The way to check physicaly ability to walk properly in a high heel shoe - is the put the desired high heels on and stand with both feet flat on the floor. Next stand up on tip toes inside your heels - you should be able to arch your foot out of your heel, or lift the heel of your shoe well off the ground. You sould be able to lift approx 1 inch to 1.5inches. If you can't then the heel is too high for your current flexibility/ strength and you won't be able to manage it gracefully in many every day situations.

Lastly the best way to get good at wearing heels is by long term exposure to heels - wearing, wearing and wearing. Sitting down wearing does not count at all, wearing at home also does not count as its too easy on your feet/ legs. Literally walking to work, walking around the city during lunch, wearing heels in the weekend when out an about etc...The foot stretching is needed to ensure you don't get stuck being dependent on wearing heels all the time, otherwise you can't wear flat shoes anymore.

Wearing heels around home and seated etc helps soften the shoe and break them in to your feet - it does not help the wearer become a confident wearer.

Good luck and have fun

Heel-Lover

Hi barefoot,

those heels are truely a beautiful shoe. You girlfriend will enjoy wearing them, and she has no doubt said so. As an experienced full-time wearer of such heels I offer you this advice in both her and your interests. The chosen shoe is a good height, and if shes not fully used to a 3inch it will take considerable time to become fully used to a 4inch heel. The 1 inch height difference is very significant. You really need to wear these heels to truely understand. That skinny heel will also make life a little tricker when dialling up the height at the same time. Be mindful that that shoe has a pointy toe and the higher up you go the more you slide forward or down the heel so if pointies are new for her then as her feet swell during the day they may become uncomfortable late in the day. I'm sure she'll conquer them because she'll want to - they will look sexy as on her legs, and she will enjoy the attention.

You mentioned maybe 4 and a half inches next - 4 inch to 4.5inches will be many times harder than the current transition from 3 to 4inch heels. Don't expect instantaneous results because it could take the fun out of it for both of you.

The way to check physicaly ability to walk properly in a high heel shoe - is the put the desired high heels on and stand with both feet flat on the floor. Next stand up on tip toes inside your heels - you should be able to arch your foot out of your heel, or lift the heel of your shoe well off the ground. You sould be able to lift approx 1 inch to 1.5inches. If you can't then the heel is too high for your current flexibility/ strength and you won't be able to manage it gracefully in many every day situations.

Lastly the best way to get good at wearing heels is by long term exposure to heels - wearing, wearing and wearing. Sitting down wearing does not count at all, wearing at home also does not count as its too easy on your feet/ legs. Literally walking to work, walking around the city during lunch, wearing heels in the weekend when out an about etc...The foot stretching is needed to ensure you don't get stuck being dependent on wearing heels all the time, otherwise you can't wear flat shoes anymore.

Wearing heels around home and seated etc helps soften the shoe and break them in to your feet - it does not help the wearer become a confident wearer.

Good luck and have fun

Heel-Lover

Hi, She told me today that she is not ready to take them to work yet. She has been working on the shoes ever since she got them. She did make a comment to me.. She said soon you will have me on my tip toes in shoes.. I told her yes I like the look of very high heels as you know. But it's all up to her. She said it sort of grows on you. You want to try a higher heel. I don't know what I will do when I feel comfortable in the new ones.

Edited by onhertoes

Mike,

never mind what anyone here thinks of them. What does she think?

Hi everyone, Maybe some of you remember some of my posts a while ago about my girlfriend not wearing highheels. Well she ended up getting an office job and she had to start dressing the part. We found a pair for her that was a 3 inch heel. She was not very good at walking in them but after a few weeks she was great. Well she never thought she could master the 3 inch heel and she did. She was kind of excited about it in a way. She kind of knows now that I love highheels on women. After 5 1/2 inchs It does nothing for me. Well I bought a pair from Aldo called Fravel for her. They have a 4 inch heel.

Let me know what you think of them.. Anyone have a pair ?

Here is a link

http://www.aldoshoes...0059-fravel/97

Mike

Mike,

never mind what anyone here thinks of them. What does she think?

Hi Amanda

She went from never wearing heels because of her job. 15 years in sneekers to a better job in a heels. She bought the 3inch heels and after a couple of months she was great at walking in them. She had a lower pair also and switched back and forth between them. Well she wanted to get another pair of 3 inch heels so I got her the 4 inch heels just as a gift. We also bought the other pair of 3 inch heels. Well she loves the 3 inch but after doing so well in them she can't wait to do the same with the 4 inch heels. She is not big on platform heels like 2 of her friends. They walk around in 5 inch heels with a platform. So I guess she wants to keep up with them. She is obsessed with those heels. She comes home and puts them on for a while and then does her stretching routine for a while. She likes them alot. But she also said her legs and feet feel better with a heel then in a flat shoe. So I think she might need to slow down with the heels.

I think she might need to slow down with the heels.

I think if you love someone you should set them free. I think if she's enjoying herself then you should support that, unless of course you have good reason to belive that she's going to do herself serious harm unwittingly.

Edited by Amanda Snake

Love the shoe design although me and pointy toe heels seem to not get along. It's a classic design that will work for almost any dress occasion. Aldo has an almond toe style that I would probably go for. Just wish there was an Aldo nearby but then again I might go broke too. If she's feeling positive about the height, and thinks she can handle it, then support her in her endeavors, Sounds like she wants to make the move and is working toward it. Single sole vs platform - - I find any kind of platform to be easier on my feet. This may be because of some injuries accidents over the years (nails, metal in the ball/callus areas) but thats just my opinion/preference. Did I understand correctly that she was gonna get you "on your toe's"? If so, give it a shot if you haven't. I got started late in life myself. My wife made the comment "If you like the heels etc. then you wear them!" - - So I did - - Now she's not sure what to do with me somedays.

I think if you love someone you should set them free. I think if she's enjoying herself then you should support that, unless of course you have good reason to belive that she's going to do herself serious harm unwittingly.

What did you mean by Serious harm ?

Love the shoe design although me and pointy toe heels seem to not get along. It's a classic design that will work for almost any dress occasion.

Aldo has an almond toe style that I would probably go for. Just wish there was an Aldo nearby but then again I might go broke too.

If she's feeling positive about the height, and thinks she can handle it, then support her in her endeavors, Sounds like she wants to make the move and is working toward it.

Single sole vs platform - - I find any kind of platform to be easier on my feet. This may be because of some injuries accidents over the years (nails, metal in the ball/callus areas) but thats just my opinion/preference.

Did I understand correctly that she was gonna get you "on your toe's"?

If so, give it a shot if you haven't. I got started late in life myself.

My wife made the comment "If you like the heels etc. then you wear them!"

- - So I did - - Now she's not sure what to do with me somedays.

No she just made that comment because of the hight of the new heels..going from a 3 inch to a 4 inch.

Good for you, Mike - and even better for her, I hoope she likes them. They are a timeless classic shoe. Personally, I love stiletto heels and pointed toes that give a sleek and weightless appearence to this shoe. I have a closet full of them, mostly from Guess. Thanks for posting. E

Just an update.. We are about to go out to eat at a place on the water. She told me she is going to have on her 4 inchers. She is amazing..

Good luck and have fun

Heel-Lover

She did that test and i would say it looked like she lifted her heal about a 1/2 inch higher then the 4 inch heel .

• 2 weeks later...

My girlfriend went to work with the 4 inchers 2 days last week. She had a few people tell her how nice they were. But what she told me next was funny. One of the office girls bought a pair just like hers with the 4 inch heel. I guess the other girl liked them alot.