suggestion for the look

wedgemao

lately I have really fallen in love with wedge ankle boots... cannot really explain why..but I sort of like the solid look they give with the extra height and, especialy the models with the hidden platform, how they hide/ show the whole thing.. but overall because I think this is a model which could go with my figure, as beeing quite muscular guy, I really do not see my self with a pair of stiletto platforms, even if I really like those shoes.. so this is what I got and they are on their way... my idea would be to wear a pair of long jeans, quite tight, in order to hide some of the plarform but not totally, especially in the front part... I would match it with a black sort of tight V neck pullover since we are now in winter time, I would go for a black leather peacoat... any suggestions orother ideas?? thanks a lot

wedge ankle boot.pdf

Mmm, see what you mean; there is something very attractive - i think it's the completely hidden platform and a lovely round toe and curve to the sole.

Afraid I don't have any suggestions though........sorry

for other's reference http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260928675930?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp5197.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D260928675930%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

lately I have really fallen in love with wedge ankle boots...

cannot really explain why..but I sort of like the solid look they give with the extra height and, especialy the models with the hidden platform, how they hide/ show the whole thing..

but overall because I think this is a model which could go with my figure, as beeing quite muscular guy, I really do not see my self with a pair of stiletto platforms, even if I really like those shoes..

so this is what I got and they are on their way...

my idea would be to wear a pair of long jeans, quite tight, in order to hide some of the plarform but not totally, especially in the front part...

I would match it with a black sort of tight V neck pullover

since we are now in winter time, I would go for a black leather peacoat...

any suggestions orother ideas??

thanks a lot

You've picked a style of boot which should be quite easy to coordinate. Just have fun trying different clothes with them.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

You've picked a style of boot which should be quite easy to coordinate. Just have fun trying different clothes with them.

Shafted has a good point. I don't care for the boot, but what you think and like is all that matters. The sky's the limit as far as coordinating an outfit.

Hi Wedgemao, Nice boots, I too have a liking for these type of booties. In fact similar ones to yours, I recently picked a pair of Jeffrey Campbell's up, "Damned Pixie Man" as seen below in pictures. I am wearing a black slim leg pant that goes with these kind of boots, I am also planning to wear boot cut and/or slim leg low rise jeans that will show 2-4cm of the boot heel. I have a pair skinny jeans which look good as well. Wider bell bottom jeans or black pants will look good. As for tops, sweater like turtle neck of v-neck as you mentioned, even a Polo shirt would look good. I have orange Polo shirt and a black leather jacket that these will look really good with. Both of these are similar to the Rick Owens boots from 2 years ago which were on the market for 650 Euros, these are not as much and will work just fine. Let me know what your thoughts are. Mtnsofheels

post-12178-133522971052_thumb.jpg

post-12178-133522971059_thumb.jpg

Hi Wedgemao,

Nice boots, I too have a liking for these type of booties.

In fact similar ones to yours, I recently picked a pair of Jeffrey Campbell's

up, "Damned Pixie Man" as seen below in pictures.

I am wearing a black slim leg pant that goes with these kind of boots, I am also planning to wear boot cut and/or slim leg low rise jeans that will show 2-4cm of the boot heel. I have a pair skinny jeans which look good as well.

Wider bell bottom jeans or black pants will look good. As for tops, sweater like turtle neck of v-neck as you mentioned, even a Polo shirt would look good. I have orange Polo shirt and a black leather jacket that these will look really good with.

Both of these are similar to the Rick Owens boots from 2 years ago which were on the market for 650 Euros, these are not as much and will work just fine.

Let me know what your thoughts are.

Mtnsofheels

Hello Mtnsofheels,

I really like your wedge boots and think they are fabolous!!

I also like the Rick Owens but they are way too expensive...

Since your look is quote similar to my idea, can you tell me if and what kind of reaction you got by going out in these boots?

Are they visible with your outfit?

Thanks for letting me know more as I am very interested..

Hello Wedgemao, I considered buying a pair last year, but I find these shoes seems designed for people that have a leg shorter than the other. A lot of seniors also wear things like that. Though the shoes are stunning, the difficulty is to match a proper outfit so to break these pictures. On girls, it works with leggings, skinny jeans, skirts, short pants, etc. You find similar approaches by fashion bloggers such as Karl Leuterio and others... Hope this helps.

Hello Gudulitoo and thanks for your suggestion.. You are actually quite right saying that wedge ankle boots can tend to look like orthopedic shoes...but I guess it would depend on how they are matched... I cant wait to get them (currently clearing customs in Italy) to try and match them... will have to ask some suggetions to my wife as well..:smile:

IMHO, this guy made a good job matching is wedge booties with an alternative outfit less girlie than the ones I previously found.

http://adrienloren.blogspot.com/search/label/outfit

Regards

I agree with you and thanks for sharing the link!!

this is something close to what I have in mind...maybe the pants a little longer (I still would not dare as much) but in general it's pretty cool

only thing I do not like is the bag..too femine, but that's a detail..

I feel like asking for help with style only works if you're ethier open to every kind of style, or if you know someone has a similar style to you. I have the same pair of boots, Pixie Man, but in suede not leather. There are a lot of ways you can go with the boots. Personally, I love femanine style, but without any disrespect to anyone on this forums, I dont like to do it in the classical way, or what some of my friends refer to as "Trannyish". It might have something to do with my age but I try to have a highfashion look about it, kind of inspired after people like Andrej Pejic. Personally with my shoes, being black suede I wear ether some tight skinny jeans, usually in a grey, or some form of shorts. If wearing jeans I wear some kind of oversized (possibly off-the-shoulder) knitwear jumper of some sort, if shorts I might wear some kind of femanine top, and if im going out or not I wear a big statement bag or a clutch. And of course you acessorise! Whichever way you wear them, just make sure you feel good. Even if to other people you look a MESS, if YOU feel good in it, other people ain't even a thang.

What Other People Think Of Me, Ain't None Of My Buisness ~ RuPaul

I feel like asking for help with style only works if you're ethier open to every kind of style, or if you know someone has a similar style to you.

I have the same pair of boots, Pixie Man, but in suede not leather.

There are a lot of ways you can go with the boots. Personally, I love femanine style, but without any disrespect to anyone on this forums, I dont like to do it in the classical way, or what some of my friends refer to as "Trannyish". It might have something to do with my age but I try to have a highfashion look about it, kind of inspired after people like Andrej Pejic.

Personally with my shoes, being black suede I wear ether some tight skinny jeans, usually in a grey, or some form of shorts. If wearing jeans I wear some kind of oversized (possibly off-the-shoulder) knitwear jumper of some sort, if shorts I might wear some kind of femanine top, and if im going out or not I wear a big statement bag or a clutch.

And of course you acessorise!

Whichever way you wear them, just make sure you feel good. Even if to other people you look a MESS, if YOU feel good in it, other people ain't even a thang.

thanks for your points!!

Greetings Wedgemao,

Thanks for the compliments!

My reaction has not happened yet, I just received these boots 2 weeks

ago now, where I live I am knee deep in snow at the present time.

The reaction while wearing indoors from my GF has been " those are cool, don't you have a pair like that already?"

I will be wearing them in a couple weeks in Vancouver in the city, in a place it may be wet but no snow. I am not expecting much reaction, since I wear boots and shoes often and with little fan fare. If I do though I will comment to you via personal note. Yes they will be visible with my outfit for sure.

Also Gudulitooo had a nice link to a fellow in Spain with the same pair of boots and what he wears, it seems we all have a similar taste in stylizing them.

LiveAndLearn, thanks for your notes as well, your style is more feminine and I hope to be there this year too. Thanks for the good perspective.

Long and the short of it, they can fit with many styles and and as LiveAndLearn also said "Whichever way you wear them, just make sure you feel good."

Have fun and I will hopefully get some pictures in the city for you!

Cheers,

Hello Mtnsofheels,

I really like your wedge boots and think they are fabolous!!

I also like the Rick Owens but they are way too expensive...

Since your look is quote similar to my idea, can you tell me if and what kind of reaction you got by going out in these boots?

Are they visible with your outfit?

Thanks for letting me know more as I am very interested..

I finally got them last night..surprisigly the shipment only took 9 days first of all I was surprized on how small the shoes actually are even if I got them in size 1o..I actually was wondering how in the hell my feet would fit in. Tried them on and I realized I hade to practice a little because they are more "demanding" than my demonia sandals... So I have been praticing walking around the house last night and early this morning and I gradually get used to the increases steepness So far I tried to match them with a pair of tight jeans I am wearing in these days and they get covered almost till the end of the heel and this might be one option I will consider (will post some pics later in the week end)... I will try with looser pants and see the result