Torrid shoe sizing

maninpumps

I am normally on the wider side of 12w and their Torrid brand shoes are a little on the wide side. I recently bought the 5" pumps with the 1" platform and I had to go get some heel grips to keep them from popping off as I walk. I have heard that the other brands they carry are not quite as large. Buying in store has been an awesome experience every time with helpful and interested staff. If you have a store nearby I would certainly recommend going in. One clerk told me they they have guys come in all the time due to their large sizing. The only downside with Torrid shoes is the quality. I spend on average $40 for shoes that are of Payless quality. Good luck, Larry PS, I just saw the link to the shoes you are interested in. I haven't seen then in the store. I am totally interested in getting a pair myself even though I don't totally dig the flower on the side. I would love to hear how they work out. I suspect they would be on the larger side.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I have shopped at Torrid stores many times, and always have had a great experience. Also, if you buy online, you can return or exchange them at a local store. One pair of calf boots I bought, and tried on, in the store fit very well. A size 12. On a later visit I tried on a pump in a size 12. Quite a bit too big, but the store had no size 11's. The sales girl called another store in the area to check on their inventory. Then she had the other store hold them for me. On another visit I bought boots and slacks. I tried them on together in the dressing room. When I found the slacks to be too large, the sales girl gladly found me a smaller size and brought them to me. Along with another style she thought I might like. I highly recommend shopping at Torrid. The sales staff is very attentive, and the other customer didn't seemed fazed at all with a guy trying on heels in the store.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Okay, so an errand yesterday took me to Fiesta Mall where there is a Torrid store. I walked by and they had their new shoe inventory in stock and a pair of those platforms where on display. I tried a pair of 12w and they fit pretty well. There is a small chance that they would require heel grips to keep the heel from mooving too much when you walk. One thing that is a little odd about these shoes is that you can feel the platform compress as you walk. I took them home however I am thinking about taking them back. They are, however, the most quiet pair of heels that I have ever worn. Hope this helps. Best, Larry

I would have to agree with AZShoeNut, Torrid brands are usually on the wider side. Non-Torrid brands (Iron Fist, TUK, etc) are medium width. I have seen the pair you are looking at, I came close to wanting to get a pair but gonna have to wait after I spent too much on my last shoe shopping spree.

I tried a pair of 12w and they fit pretty well. There is a small chance that they would require heel grips to keep the heel from mooving too much when you walk.

Can't you tighten up the ankle strap to keep them from slipping ?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Ya, I snugged down on strap pretty well. I still felt a bit of looseness however I didn't get to walk around enough to figure out if the looseness would become an annoyance. :-) Larry

• 4 months later...