Back pain after wearing heels

Elswyth

Tuck in buttocks, pull back shoulders and stand up straight. If that does not work something else is out of wack causing your back pain.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Could be twenty years ago that I was able to start wearing corsets. Probably I had some back pain even before I started to wear high heels out and about and days at a time. There are a good number of corset websights so I need not run the risk of advertising but maybe start out with a standard corset or used one and after your waist squeezes in a bit then consider custom made.

Tuck in buttocks, pull back shoulders and stand up straight. If that does not work something else is out of wack causing your back pain.

Wait.. I thought back pain from wearing heels was normal, since it forces your back to arch. Isn't that the case? All the chiropractors say so. :smile:

Wait.. I thought back pain from wearing heels was normal, since it forces your back to arch. Isn't that the case? All the chiropractors say so. :wave:

I wouldn't say that is completely the case, but wearing heels can certainly exacerbate an existing back issue, and can cause new back issues if care is not taken.

Make sure you wear well fitted, cushioned, and stable shoes (to minimize the direct floor impact pressure, shoe wobbling, balance issues, or slipping around inside the shoe). Don't overexert yourself in heels and don't wear higher heels than you are accustomed to or conditioned for.

Just use common sense, if it hurts to do it, then don't do it, or at the very least - wear heels less frequently or wear lower heels until your condition improves, and hopefully you can eventually work your way back to a level of heeling that you would like.

Heels definitely change your posture and cause you to arch your back more, but if care is taken, it doesn't necessarily have to be the cause for back issues. If you continue to have these issues, there may be underlying issues that need to be addressed? There are plenty of people that wear heels most of their adult life and don't run into those issues, and there are others that will have issues with heels no matter what, so take that for what it is. Just my two cents anyway. :smile: Good luck

I'm experiencing the opposite : I had back pain often before, when I was not heeling daily.

Now I'm mostly on (moderate) heels, I seldom have back pain.

I must say my back has always been quite arched.

Maybe I was meant to wear heels since I was born ?!?

I definitely believe you. Because of the posture you assume when wearing high heels, I believe my back feels better after wearing high heels for a day than lower-heeled footwear.

I'm experiencing the opposite : I had back pain often before, when I was not heeling daily.

Funny thing. I usually always get a pain in my lower back when standing for a long time for example at concerts, but yesterday when I was waiting for the queen for over 2 hours, I did not get any pain. I attribute this to my heels.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny thing. I usually always get a pain in my lower back when standing for a long time for example at concerts, but yesterday when I was waiting for the queen for over 2 hours, I did not get any pain. I attribute this to my heels.

Exactly the same for me. It's standing or shopping that causes the biggest problem.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

Same here. Heels fixed my lower back problems. It's a known fact that people can have a spine that is too straight lacking the natural s-curve. This can put uneven pressure on the disks between the vertibre cause lower back discomfort. Wearing heels induces a pelvic tilt which returns the spine to it's natural s-curve and evening out the pressure on the disks. Heels are my miracle cure for my lower back discomfort. Now about Elswyth's orignal issue which seems to be just the opposite. Women tend to have more natural pelvic tilt than men due to having to counterbalance their breast. In this case the heels may be inducing excessive pelvic tilt and creating too much s-curve, which can also cause uneven pressure on the disks, hence causing lower back discomfort.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.