Shoes with adjustable heel height

Puffer

Shoes having an adjustable heel height are not exactly a new concept but the latest version is described here, with a brief video too: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2077589/Day2Night-shoes-desk-dancefloor-thanks-adjustable-height.html

They appear to be both expensive and scarcely inspiring style-wise and I have serious doubts about the stability of a shoe with a flexible sole that can (allegedly) accommodate a range of heel heights. Some of the comments are almost risible - notably that from the woman who cannot wear high heels so would stick with the lowest height. 'A fool and her money ... '

They appear to be both expensive and scarcely inspiring style-wise and I have serious doubts about the stability of a shoe with a flexible sole that can (allegedly) accommodate a range of heel heights. '

Totally agree, thumbs down from me. The lack of steel rod in the heel really makes me doubt their strength and practicality.

Why not use the same money to buy a few pairs of better heels that can be left at the office for example?

Sorry to be rude, but there are women out there who can't change a light bulb, so how would changing heels go ?

This was interesting. By the design of a high heel, it would almost be impossible to change the height that much, as the bend in the ball of the foot/toe box area whould have to change. With a low heels, it would be stretching the sides of the shoe, and if designed more flat, the higher heel would cause a bulge in the side of the shoe. I also found the video interesting. The shoe that the woman is wearing in the start, with the low heel, has a pointed toe. When she changes the heel, it suddenly becomes a rounded toe shoe! And if you pause the video toward the end and look closely, there is no seam on the heel portion of the high heel shoe where the heel would be attached. I believe that are not showing the actual shoe, but a totally different pair of heels completely! Looks like a fake to me!

This was interesting. By the design of a high heel, it would almost be impossible to change the height that much, as the bend in the ball of the foot/toe box area whould have to change. With a low heels, it would be stretching the sides of the shoe, and if designed more flat, the higher heel would cause a bulge in the side of the shoe.

I also found the video interesting. The shoe that the woman is wearing in the start, with the low heel, has a pointed toe. When she changes the heel, it suddenly becomes a rounded toe shoe! And if you pause the video toward the end and look closely, there is no seam on the heel portion of the high heel shoe where the heel would be attached. I believe that are not showing the actual shoe, but a totally different pair of heels completely! Looks like a fake to me!

Nice observation. It looked funny to me, but I couldn't put a finger on it.