Hello

hhl4vr

Happy to have found this site as I have felt all alone for so long. I have bought and thrown out more then 20 pairs out of guilt and shame. I was lead to believe something was wrong with me. I love to wear heels about 3-4 inches. I also enjoy seeing women in heels -nothing cathces my attention as the click of heels. I have been searching why I like wearing heels - I'm straight and have a wife. However she does not understand and wants to part of it. So I'm hoping to share with others about thier expeirences and maybe get some female advise on why it's scares them so much. I so envy a day when men can just wear a pair out in public. Hope to hear from some of you

Welcome to the forum.

There are so many guys in exactly the same position as you, you are not alone!

In actual fact, you can wear your heels in public and many guys on this forum do.

I look forward to hearing about your first excursion in heels!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hello and welcome yorktoncso. There is nothing wrong with you and you are not alone. I wear stiletto boots and pumps in public all the time and more are joining in. Wearing heels in public has been nothing for me other than thoroughly enjoyable. It's something every heel loving guy needs to experience.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Welcome to High Heel Place. No, you are definitely not alone in your enjoyment of viewing or wearing high heels. Hope to hear more from you soon concerning your experiences with high heels. You'll find you will have many friends and supporters here.

thanks for all the nice words everyone has been saying. Hope to hear from more as I have to shed the guilt that I have been carrying. I still feel bad that I have to hide this from my wife -it feels like am having an affair or something. I had tried to quit wearing shoes for a couple years but always come back to my true love. I so envy those whom have had the courage to go out in public. I live in work in a small city (about 10,000) so I really have to venture far to even buy shoes. Happy to have found this site -

Never fear yorktoncso, I live in a town between 8000-9000 and wear my stilettos in public regularly.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

thanks for all the nice words everyone has been saying. Hope to hear from more as I have to shed the guilt that I have been carrying. I still feel bad that I have to hide this from my wife -it feels like am having an affair or something.

I had tried to quit wearing shoes for a couple years but always come back to my true love. I so envy those whom have had the courage to go out in public. I live in work in a small city (about 10,000) so I really have to venture far to even buy shoes.

Happy to have found this site -

Yes, I'm sure many here will relate to that. I've got rid of them before now, but have then bought some more later. Fortunately my wife now tolerates my desire although she's not really happy with it.

It annoys me that such a little thing is such a big problem to many of us, and we end up putting it in the same category as dirty raincoats and stalking, while the main problem is the six inches between our ears. After all, it's only an item of clothing we're talking about!

The main thing for many of us is acceptance, and my big worry is offending someone close to me who can't understand that to me it's simply a fashion choice. I don't care two hoots what strangers think.

For some reason, a man in high heels is regarded by many as a sexual deviant, while a woman in men's shoes (witness the current fashion for flat brogues) is perfectly acceptable.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

Hi yorktoncso, Welcome to HHP! As said before, there's many here who are in your exact situation, myself included to a degree. My wife utterly detests the idea of me in heels (She's open minded enough to accept that others might do it, but I'm not allowed to!). I still do though, simply far enough away from her to minimize the risk of being seen. High heels have been a part of my life (admittedly hidden from the world) since I was in my teens and I too thought there was something wrong with me (questioned my own sexuality, went through a period of trying to fully understand why my mind is drawn to heels, etc) but ultimately it's not something to be ashamed of, it's not something we should hide. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your high-heel passions in the coming weeks and months and hopefully we can help you become to person who you really are (or want to be!) If you don't mind me asking though, roughly how old are you? Because it sounds like you've lived with your high-heel "guilt" for quite a while... Chris

thanks again all - I'm always so anxoius to sgin on and see the kind words. I'm 41 years old for those who have asked. I should also note that I have to sign on to the site using my work computer as I cannot feel safe to use our home computer and my wife is better at computers and I know that she is always checking up what sites I have visited. So if you do not hear from me -it's because I'm not at work.

All heel lovers. Had a bad experience today. I'm on the road for work for a couple days so was looking forward to hotel all day. Since I did not have any heels I stopped at a second hand and tried buying a pair of heel boots (since from what I been reading may be easier to try in public). However, I stopped at a mall so that I can check out stores see other women with heels. Anyway, I had stopped at a store and the clerk came to me and ask if I needed help. I frooze and said I was just looking and then she went to her co-worker and said "I bet it's for him what a frek". So I went back to hotel and signed on to share my story.

Yorktonco, this is exactly why one must project confidence while wearing high heels in public and buying them in the store. When she asked if you needed help, you should have taken her up on it. Just tell her your looking for a pair of heels for yourself. I know it isn't easy if you haven't done it before. But you need to have fun and enjoy the experience. I bet if you had done this that's clerk's response would have been quite different.

Indeed, Shafted is absolutely correct. The moment you first speak is the moment folks first make a judgement about what's going on. If you confidently reply "I'm just browsing thanks." then they'll always go on their way with the understanding that you know what your there for. Confidence is key to many successes and in order to take your high-heel passion as far as you want, confidence is all you need. As for the store clerk, I'd be very tempted to have words with her supervisor or contact their customer complaints department. Nobody in retail should have the right to say such a thing about a customer. Don't let her knock you though, she's just a narrow-minded simpleton who most likely won't stay employed long anyway. Chris.

For the kind advice CRabbit so what do you do with you shoes if your wife does not approve. Do you have to hide them from her? When I'm not throwing them out - I have to hide a pair in the basement where I know she will not look.

For the kind advice CRabbit so what do you do with you shoes if your wife does not approve. Do you have to hide them from her?

When I'm not throwing them out - I have to hide a pair in the basement where I know she will not look.

I expect a lot here can identify with your problem, although at least you've now found out that you're not the only 'freak' in a global male population of about 3.5 billion. :-) It's really frustrating living a double life when all you want to do is be accepted for who you are - just a normal bloke with a fascination for high heels and rather angry that such a small thing should cause so much grief and drive you to deception of someone you love.

As for surfing at home, you could try what I've done: install another browser and set the history to nil, so that there is no track of your browsing.

My wife tolerates my heels but she still gets a bit upset at times, with no warning, so it's kinder not to leave clues. She has no idea I come to this site, for instance.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton