New Boots With Fall Colors In Mind

JeffB

I recently struck gold at my local Payless when I snatched up these cool looking boots on Columbus Day:

Posted Image

I wasted no time wearing them to the office, pairing them with a dress shirt the same color and dark brown dress pants. Predictably, my co-workers were suitably impressed with both my boots, and how I looked overall. The next day, I bought the same boots in black, and those look even cooler! :-D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Noone at work seems to make much comment if I wear heels. In fact people I know are more likely to say something if I'm not wearing them. Nice colour of boots though. Does black pass for fall :( ? Haha, I think I have some brown ones somewhere, I'm going to have to dig them out.

Same here with me, Firefox. People have become so used to seeing me in heels, they also ask what's up when I'm not wearing them, which now is exceedingly rare. Heck, I can't even bring myself to leave them home on "Casual Fridays"! To answer your question, Jo, those boots I bought were size 13 regular with a 3 1/2 heel. Another point: since I've started wearing heels on a daily basis, I can't bring myself to wear anything under 3 inches, anything beneath that feels like flats to me and aren't worth wearing. :-)

Are there any other men that have taken advantage of your example and started wearing higher heeled shoes to work, JeffB?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I'm afraid not. I guess I'm the Lone Ranger at the office! :-) The men (what few of them there are) don't say anything about my shoes, I guess they either think I'm eccentric or just plain crazy. I don't encourage them to do what I do, it's clearly their choice. So they go their way, and I go mine. C'est la vie!

Jeff: I have been asked about my boots but no one else has ever started. When I was a kid we kids found a pair of high heeled boots which we all tryed on (about four of us). I was the only one who could wear them, which started my passion for them. For some reason the others just couldn't get the hang of it.

I guess we're all lucky to have a passion for what we do. Not every man would want to enjoy wearing women's shoes, no doubt for fear of having his masculinity of sexual preference questioned. Funny thing is, I've never faced either situation in the three years since I've gone public. Usually, the only questions posed to me are: "How can you walk in those heels?" or "Where do you find women's shoes in your size?" That I can live with, the other stuff doesn't faze me. I'm comfortale in my own skin, and with what I do, and that's more than good enough for me! :-D

To revert to the original topic of boots in fall (autumnal) colours, I have always like these and have accrued quite a few pairs with various styles of heels. Firefox's site taught me the importantce of co-ordinating the clothing so as to make the heels look much more in-keeping with my general male wear. Hence all-autumnal colours like moss-green trousers, rust coloured shirt etc. to go with the boots which are various shades of brown. It works very well and nobody stares at me as if I'm wearing anything peculiar. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

• 3 weeks later...

I struck gold yet again at Payless with these fall themed beauties:

Posted Image

I wasted no time showing off my new boots on Friday (I can no longer bring myself to dress down and wear sneakers, even on Casual Fridays! It's heels five full days a week for me!!!), pairing them with a brown sweater and my snug black jeans. As usual, I was a hit at the office with co-workers complimenting me on my taste and style.

I think these might well become my favorite boots this season! :-D

Hi JeffB, Are you really able to fit in these wonderful boots? -If so, I am really envious of you as they seem narrow (as usual) along the calf. -Well just as well that these boots have not appeared in the Swedish shops I use to search... :( Regards, TallSwede

To answer your question, I had no problem fitting into those boots. I made sure of that by trying them on in the store before I bought them, in full view of other shoppers. No problemo!

JeffB got his boots at Payless. I walked by a Payless store in the mall yesterday and saw they had a boot sale going on. I looked at the styles they had and didn't find any that I liked. Most of the boots on display were ankle boots with 3" heels. Perhaps some were a little higher. The prices were between $7 and $14. The boots, all man made material, looked uncomfortable and cheaply made. So I didn't even try any on. (I didn't see any boots like Jeff's, though)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 6 months later...

I have several pairs of boots that I use to street-heel in. One pair are calf-high and all of the rest are knee-high, but they are all black leather. I just recently bought a new pair of knee-high boots from Newport-News and when I made the call to order them, black was no longer available. I found that the only color left was Antique Taupe and since I liked the look and style of them and the 3.5" chunky heel height was within my heel height range, I decided to buy them anyway. When they were delivered I found that the color was a bit darker than tan and a bit lighter than the picture in the catalog which I thought would be a lighter shade of dark brown. I found out that they were much lighter in color than I thought they would be. After trying them on and finding that they were a perfect fit, I decided to keep them and try them for street-heeling. After wearing them several times out in public I have not had any looks or anyone ask me anything about them, so they have joined my other pairs of boots for public wear. I have, so far, left the plastic heel tips on them so they are noisier than the others and slippery on polished floors. I may have to change them for rubber tips later, not so much for the noise, but to make them less skitish on polished floors. I'm slowly making progress here. Cheers--- Dawn HH :roll:

High Heeled Boots Forever!