Can't find my style

evoviii

Checking out more of the local shoe stores, it always seems that the style I want is too rare. I checked Marshalls, DSW, and TJ Max; and found almost nothing. What I go for (and would buy) are simple ankle strap heels. DSB had long rows of heels, only one pair of which was even remotely my style. Marshalls had one pair, in my size, that I am considering gathering funds for. Buying online isn't an option now; keeping it off the financial radar, my Mrs knows I have an interest but isn't in to it.http://a2.zassets.com/images/z/1/4/4/1443353-p-2x.jpg

Those look very similar to a Carlos (Santana) style. I think it was called Believe 2. What I've been doing lately is going to consignment stores. Yeah, though they're used, you can find some like new conditioned heels at a decent price. I checked out a high end consignment store yesterday and found a few simple styles, pump and ankle strap styles. I'm with you though, in that I like the classic ankle strap style

I saw these when I was at DSW, I like the style but they are too "techni-color" for me. I've started a shoe/watch fund that I will add to each week, and eventually have a $$$ reserve and track down a pair that I really like. Ladies watches (my other passion) are much easier to deal with; over 100 can be stored in a small space, I can wear multiples together if I like, easier to get, go unnoticed on my wrist, sometimes I can even borrow one to try it out. Trying them on in the store gets fewer funny looks. It is nice that I can do both passions together.

Looking for my second pair of heels, and I am more particular this time. I think its the strappy nature of watches that lead me to wanting to wear ankle strap heels. I've always enjoyed looking at heels, but its the strap ones that I want to wear.

I like those, you have good taste in heels. I have seen a similar pair on eBay, as I imagine you have as well, without the peep-toe. These here you're looking for look nicer though.

Have you posted in the "heels wanted" forum?

Wish I could help.

You might check Payless. I know you can order online and have the shoes shipped to a store. I'm not sure if you can order in store (if you want to pay cash) for shoes they sell but don't have in the store. In general, the more discreet you need to be, the less purchasing options you'll have.

@Rartist Consider picking up a pre-pay credit card. You should be able to load up the card with your cash savings at a bank or some department stores and then use it online like a normal credit card. Personally I find these are perfect for hiding my purchases from my SO and also makes savings easier to hide too! Have a look into it, it might open up a whole load of options for your future high-heel purchases! Chris

Checking out more of the local shoe stores, it always seems that the style I want is too rare. I checked Marshalls, DSW, and TJ Max; and found almost nothing. What I go for (and would buy) are simple ankle strap heels. DSB had long rows of heels, only one pair of which was even remotely my style. Marshalls had one pair, in my size, that I am considering gathering funds for. Buying online isn't an option now; keeping it off the financial radar, my Mrs knows I have an interest but isn't in to it.http://a2.zassets.com/images/z/1/4/4/1443353-p-2x.jpg

Do you have a Kohls or Famous Footwear in your area? I think I have seen this style or similar style at one or both of those stores.

Do you have a Kohls or Famous Footwear in your area? I think I have seen this style or similar style at one or both of those stores.

There is a Kohls near by; I looked there and saw a number of heels, none of which had straps. Famous Footwear sounds familiar, but there's not one within 50 miles. The area where the DSW had some more possibilities that I didn't have time to check out. Every time I go in to look, I feel that I have a sign over my head "I'm a guy shopping for heels" I have two Off Broadway stores that aren't too far from here (and another DSW), my wife says that's her shoe mecca. Thanks for the input!

.. Every time I go in to look, I feel that I have a sign over my head "I'm a guy shopping for heels"...

Just wait two weeks then (until after Thanksgiving). Once that comes around, stores should start to get much more crowded, and you're not going to attract much attention. Instead, you'll look like another guy trying to figure out what to get for his wife/SO. Of course, this is busted if you want to try them on in the store. But if not, then really no shame in saying, "I'm not sure of her exact size, can I get that in 8, 8 1/2, & 9". Go home, try them on, then take back what doesn't fit.

Stores like DSW, Payless, maybe Off Broadway - that have all the shoe sizes out for display - might be easier. But especially on nights and weekends, Macy's shoe department can get pretty crowded. You can do a lot of research online, and then just go there, find the shoe you like, and ask for it in your sizes, and then just have the sales agent ring you up. BELIEVE ME, really little to no chance any of them are going to care less that you're a guy.

Every time I go in to look, I feel that I have a sign over my head "I'm a guy shopping for heels"

Just try the damn things on in the shoe shop. You are a paying customer and they will treat you as such. Nothing earns you respect like a handful of cash! The problem is in your head!

If you are worried about being spotted, then go to a shop in another town.

Once you get over the issue, a whole new world will open it's doors.