Boots from China

wetwillie

You'll be fine. Just make sure you pay via Paypal. eBay has made a big push in China. I have heard that they have been schooling Chinese businesses in how to use eBay. I have bought loads of things from Chinese sellers and they have all been fine. Cheers, Ben

Yes, as Benno said. They are what they are, cheap plastic boots. However, there isn't much wrong with that in itself, in fact I have a similar pair on their way to me as I speak.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

There are several entries for high heeled boots at really low prices. All are from Seller sunny68208 from Shanghai, China. Her is one example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Womens-Zip-High-Heel-Knee-Boots-Shoes-US-Size-13-A52-/260884443689?pt=US_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item3cbdecb229

You will notice in my gallery there is a picture of me with a kilt white shirt and tie. Wearing the brown pair of those boots, so yeah I own a pair and they're cheap.

I could not put it any better then Dr.Shoe and Benno "Cheap plastic boots". they look nice and are reasonably comfortable, however they will only last you about two weeks with regular use. I only use these for occasional use as I am more a fan of chunky heel style shoes and boots. So it doesn't bother me that they're constructed on the cheap side. However I would recommend that if you're buying a nice pair for more regular use, save your money and buy something a little better.

Those boots look similar to what you would find at a site like AMI Clubwear. The price is somewhat of an indicator of what you can expect. I purchased two pairs from AMI about a year ago, one for me and one for one of the daughters. Her boots split out after about 10 outings - Price was $29.00. My pair are over the knee in black velvet, and frankly, I have no idea how they are supposed to stay up as they are not even plastic, it's velvet cloth. Both were on clearance and non-returnable. I'll modify mine sometime in the future. Something you may want to consider. Watch Shoe Dept, Kohls, DSW, Famous Footwear, JCPenneys - - - and spend a bit more. Watch the sales. As for your eBay item. Looks decent, and for the price, it might not be a bad deal. I happen to prefer buying where I can try them on as I hate to deal with returns. As a mention regarding quality. I picked up a pair of boots from JC Penney's last year (see attachment) I have worn them a far bit, and also rode my motorcycle hundreds of miles in these, but I can say I'm not super impressed with how they are surviving. I've got some severe cosmetic damage (more than expected) and a sole is starting to come undone right behind minimal platform. Can't say too much as I bought them at something like 70% off end of season clearance sale.

post-26262-133522959893_thumb.jpg

I bought a pair of black suade otk boots from an ebayer in China... They ran one size small, which I was aware of after reading the feedback, so I ordered one size larger, which even still was almost small on me.. I'd also like to note that they smelled like some very nasty glue, and it took several days of them sitting outside and in my shed for the smell to disipate... My advice.. Save your money and buy something better...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

I buy lots of stuff from chinese eBay sellers. They are the best sellers you can ask for! If you have a problem, just write an email and they will solve it. Well... the quality is... chinese :smile: Do not expect italian footwear! If you can live with this, go for it!

The problem is not where the item is made, it's the stuff it's made from and the quality control. Cheap fashion footwear isn't designed to last. My Nikon D80 Camera is made in Thailand and is bullet proof. I have Converse and quite a few shoes that are made in Vietnam and are super quality. Many companies such as Topshop, ASOS and Kurt Geiger are now selling shoes from Vietnam from around £80 to over £150. NewLook has many pairs that are made in Cambodia and are perfectly useable. My girlfriend has some flat leather thigh boots that feel like you could circumnavigate the globe before they wore out and they are made in India. I agree totally about the helpfulness of the Chinese eBayers. I have bought everything from High Heels to Hi Fi and even computer accessories. Every transaction has been fine and the service exemplary. They will do anything to help. I had a couple of items go missing in the global post. I told the sellers and they simply sent another one straight away. Now if only UK sellers were so accommodating! Cheers, Ben

Exactly. The Chinese can produce absolutely incredible quality at unbelievable prices. As a shoemaker I have seen Chinese (and Vietnamese, Korean, Indian and Thai) produced footwear you cannot fault. Those boots you're buying will probably be faultless in the manufacture but as others have said made from cheap materials. The Chinese can make clothes and shoes cheap enough to be disposable fashion. We often joke that you never wash Primark clothes because it's cheaper to chuck them away and buy new ones.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

In my own experience with being involved with outsourcing reliability testing at my previous employer. The quality of chinese products is determined by what you want to pay for them. Some of the more expensive chinese products are outstanding.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I buy lots of stuff from chinese eBay sellers. They are the best sellers you can ask for! If you have a problem, just write an email and they will solve it.

Well... the quality is... chinese :smile:

Do not expect italian footwear!

If you can live with this, go for it!

This is what I was mainly concerned about. I didn't know if I could trust a seller from China.

After reading everyones description about quality I think I'll look for something better. As for buying them in the stores, no one I know of carries a size 13 stilletto boot.

I ordered cheap boots form a china seller once : one of the heels snapped the first time I wore them (after a couple of hours). The cobbler said there were not repairable because they were so poorly made... The seller asked for pictures and gave me my money back. Besides this, be careful about their size chart : I wear UK9 which is most of the time US12 and EUR43 (and 27,5cm in length). That doesn't quite match... To sum up, the sellers are nice, but the quality of the shoes is bad.

In my own experience with being involved with outsourcing reliability testing at my previous employer. The quality of chinese products is determined by what you want to pay for them. Some of the more expensive chinese products are outstanding.

Of course.

Just about everything's made in China and increasingly in countries like Vietnam and Sri Lanka. You cannot say "that's going to be poor quality because it's made in China" any more you can say "that's good quality because it's made in China". It depends on the manufacturer and how much they spent on materials. This will have a bearing on price.

I bought a pair of leather brogues once that were 100% real leather and the build quality was exemplary. I paid £60 for them but they lasted forever. They were made in China.

I bought a pair of backless black suede closed toe mules from 6 inch heels forever a couple of years ago, which are made in China. True they cost a small fortune, (close to £100 with the postage) but the quality was outstanding, very solid and well made, far better than pleaser, ellie etc. So yes if you pay more, Chinese manufactured footwear is as good if not better as anything produced in Europe.

post-207-13352296017_thumb.jpg

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

I ordered cheap boots form a china seller once : one of the heels snapped the first time I wore them (after a couple of hours).

The cobbler said there were not repairable because they were so poorly made...

The seller asked for pictures and gave me my money back.

Besides this, be careful about their size chart : I wear UK9 which is most of the time US12 and EUR43 (and 27,5cm in length). That doesn't quite match...

To sum up, the sellers are nice, but the quality of the shoes is bad.

Marion, That's just one pair of boots. Not a whole country. Everything is made in China these days and most stuff doesn't fall apart.

I know, but have a second look : I wrote cheap boots :smile:

I have bought many items direct from Chinese sellers via ebay, all have been at incredible prices. The quality is often hit and miss, some may last only a few weeks, others may last several months, but that is to be expected for the price and is a chance I am sometimes willing to take. Also, this should go without saying, but allow 2-3 weeks for delivery, there is really no way around that part, but everything I have ordered has arrived as described.