Aldo

Morwain

My wife has 3 or 4 pairs of Aldo shoes. They have some sexy fashionable styles, though I find them expensive at full price - better to wait for the bargains in the sales. Quality is ok, service in shops good but online/returns not so great. Is there a particular shoe/style you're looking at?

The only complaint I have about Aldo is their sizing. Their boots run about a size and a half smaller then other brands. Their heels are about a half size small and their flats are almost dead on. How one brand can have so much variance.. I dunno.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

My wife has 3 or 4 pairs of Aldo shoes. They have some sexy fashionable styles, though I find them expensive at full price - better to wait for the bargains in the sales. Quality is ok, service in shops good but online/returns not so great.

Is there a particular shoe/style you're looking at?

You're right, for me, too high heels from Aldo are extremely sexy.

As for shoes, it's important not to have a pointy toe. The most I like platform pumps, sandals and slippers though high heel also attract my eye.

By the way, how tall is the pin shoes with your avatar?

The only complaint I have about Aldo is their sizing. Their boots run about a size and a half smaller then other brands. Their heels are about a half size small and their flats are almost dead on.

How one brand can have so much variance.. I dunno.

Actually I have found the opposite more or less true. I have a pair of their cowboy boots in a 41 that fit like 43s and another pair that fit like 42s. I have found that the rest of my Aldo boots at size 42 fit beautifully.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

They can be pricey at full price. That is the original impression I had. But if you only shop the bargains you can get some terrific shoes on the cheap. I you read through my thread http://www.hhplace.org/guys/12167-mr_x_s_travels.html you will find that I shop there often now. And I always get great service and am treated like any other paying customer.

I was there twice already and the saleslady was different each time, granted I'm believing it was the same person. First time, I asked for a size and got it back. I decided to look at it, as I've been doing since the remodeled store and new workers there. I can't remember it clearly, but I remember in it ending abruptly, with me saying, "They're for me" and "I was gonna try them on" (with a smile) but I may have been pretty quiet, because she couldn't comprehend what I said, Twice. I was turned off from the store for the day. Second time, I entered and I believe it was the same saleslady again. This time, she was kinda more understanding, BUT... Not quite. I asked for a large size again, and soon as she comes back, I'm greeted with handbag offers, for my "girl". So I decided to play along as if she were on my side this time. Alas, it was eventually a lost cause. She kept mentioning "her" and "she could..." and whatnot, and I was trying to find ways to break it to her yet again that they were for me, but I gave up and left to the next store that'll satisfy better. I mean, experiences weren't good... but not That bad, either. Although I do prefer the workers before her, that's for sure~

Formally "HHDude"

The best way I have found is to have your shoe off and trouser leg rolled up before she even gets back. If you're already wearing heels when you go in, so much the better. That solves every ambiguity.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.