Hello from VA

Hi everyone! I've actually been coming here off and on for quite some time now, but never made the jump to actually sign up! My story is pretty different from many of you guys. Its similar in the fact that I've loved women's shoes since I was younger! It all started when my aunt swapped shoes with me one day. I was wearing some dock shoes and she wanted to trade with me to go run an errand. She was wearing some canvas sneakers with no backs (the slide in type). Wearing women's shoes in public that one time fueled a desire that I suppressed for far too long! Speaking of suppressing it, I actually kept my love for women's shoes a strong secret until I moved out on my own. Then I began collecting mainly slippers (which I really love), but over time, It grew and shrunk and grew again to a current collection of 4 pairs of heels, 5 pairs of flats, 2 pairs of clogs and about 8 pairs of slippers. As far as wearing them out in public, I've done it on occasion. Alot of time I'll just wear my flats while driving and switch to some "men's" loafers. I feel as though this is breaking though and I'm pretty sure that I'll be wearing what I feel like wearing soon enough. Without rambling too long, I do want to throw in there that I used to weigh 300 lbs. This made me a very shabby dresser, and therefore a horrible looking sight in heels. However, now that I'm a more svelte 225, I look very good in a nice pair of heels and my fashion sense is at an all time high. Its unfair that guys are forced into loafer, loafer, loafer, dress shoe, loafer... UGH!!! Wedge, Heel, Slide... etc. I want to wear it! Thanks for having this website available for me and the other men who are interested in being able to shop in more than the back corner of the shoe store. If we all just went out and wore our shoes in good taste, it really would catch on. We look just as good, and better in some cases, than these women that get to wear heels just because they are women. I think I'll cut it off for now! Thanks again!

LuvyourShoes, I love your attitiude. With an attitude like that you'll be out and about in no time at all. Hello and welcome and congrats on that awesome weight loss. It really makes a difference when wearing heels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Welcome, joining us as a member will be the first few steps along the 'high heels in public' road. As Shafted said you sound like you have the right attitude for success.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I appreciate all your warm welcomes!!! Thank you for that! I've honestly been out in heels a couple of times. They've only been 1 inch heels with a kitten heel though, and once in some platformed clogs. I'm very interested in totally breaking the chains and going full out. I just have a couple of social issues with it. I'm very well known in the area, and my father is EXTREMELY well known in the community. My biggest dilemma is having the heels that I love cause him and my family pain in any way. I love them way more than any shoe. It sucks, but thats where I'm coming from! Anyway, thanks again!

That's a tough situation to be in for sure. Is it possible to talk to your dad about it? Due to my age and my dads this hasn't been an issue. You never know he could be your greatest ally.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I wish man! My dad is a minister, so that conversation WILL NOT go very well. I'll make it happen in due time. The plan is to slowly crossover. I have quite a few pairs of women's shoes that pass as "normal" so I'll keep pushing the envelope until I can fully break the barrier! I'm excited and nervous, but it's a part of me that I can't continue to hide. Again, I strongly believe that if we all just say "screw it" and start wearing them IN GOOD TASTE (Can't stress that enough) then it WILL catch on. Ugh, being a pioneer is difficult! lol...

Best of luck to you. I will tell you that I have consulted with a catholic priest. What he told me was that it was a moral neutral, neither good nor evil. Depending on your denomination similar beleifs may apply.

Just click on the say thanks button in my post. But it really isn't necessary as you already did.

Hello LuvyourShoes, and welcome. You'll find you're by no means unique in your circumstances. There are persons from all walks (groan) of life here. I have to be careful in not wanting to cause any offence to persons whom I know and love, therefore trying to keep in balance my love of wearing heels and the feelings of such persons. I make a distinction therefore between them and the general public, who can think what they wish! I have a couple of pairs of cuban-heeled shoes which I wear to church, and most have seen me in cowboy boots with a 2.5 inch heel, and there have been no adverse comments. What they haven't known is that I have inserts which take the actual height to about four inches. This isn't because I want to be taller; it's because I just love the feeling of walking on tiptoe. I have other shoes and boots with heels up to six inches that I wear at home. Fortunately I have a wife who tolerates my passion, even if she can't understand it, and she's terrified of other people - including our two children - getting to know. This worries her more than it worries me. You'll find every class here, from closet wearers to those who just go ahead and wear them in public all the time. We also have a good core of lovely ladies who share our passion and who are broadminded enough to support us and tell us when we're being silly. (Most of the time?) So dive in here with both feet, and may all your wobbles be little ones.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings Luvyourshoes, Thanks for sharing your story and your situation. Difficult for sure but being comfortable with yourself and loving yourself you can move mountains. The thing that has helped me is knowing that it is OK to have your wants and needs it is OK, because it is for you and nobody else. You are not harming anyone and it is up to them to as how they want to be. In the end, because it is for and only you, to be swayed by what others think means they are uncomfortable with themselves, if they can not respect you for who you are they are disrespectful. To be flamboyant and outrageous is another thing but to wear in good taste will bring acceptance. If they may think badly of you or your father they are thinking badly of God as well since he is supposed love us all for who we are. We are placed to bring a message to whoever listens, this may be yours. Besides life is way to short to not accept self and enjoy it to the fullest. Looking forward to seeing and hearing more from you. Enjoy and be the person you are, and there is much shopping to do! Mtnsofheels