Hello all my heeled friends.

For quite some time, I've always had an interest in heels-even if I was really denying it in my heart. At one point I would be so crazy about wearing them and at other times I would be very ashamed. A sad circle to be caught up in. After much thought, I guess it's better if try harder to stop denying what I've liked for most of my life. I guess it will take some time to totally free my mind, but by being here I can at least feel comfortable and slowly acheive that goal. As for what kind of heels I like? I like 'em all. High' low, whatever. If it has any kind of heel and I can fit it, I'm all for it. Good thing I still some from my collection left. Anyway, enough babble. I look forward to being a part of this wonderful community! :(

Expression and sharing is never a waste of time. :( You let us know who posted it, that's good enough for the rest of us! Welcome, and please, think of guilt and shame and things to be conquered. Here, we are all about self expression, and there are many who can give you the support you need to win this battle.

I'd second that. My interest extends from looking at shoes, to wearing heels or unusual shoes, modifying them, shoe construction, fashion trends etc. Why should I be ashamed? It's a fascinating hobby. (BTW, I tidied up the hread for you :( )

I'm actually reorganising my spare room to accommodate the collection in a sensible fashion, so I may well have an open invitiation weekend to sample them with stella and pizza included :( And I do have the single white female DVD ......

There's just something so appealing about seing a man killed by having a stiletto heel thrust through his eye, that I just can't think of any other reaction than being really hungry and thirsty for pizza and Stella. Uh huh. :( Like, make sure you watch the movie after eating... heehee

Oh no Another purger eh :( Oh well, be honest about your hobby and you wont need to hide your collection ever again. I have to be honest about mine! It takes up a most of the wall in a spare bedroom :(

Since I'm a newbie again, wanna shoot some recommendations my way? I'm not biased.

For some odd reason, I can picture a cute pair of kittens to go with a suit or something casual.......

Hello again Ionic! I simply went out and bought 6 very large, cheap suitcases. I put my entire (after clear-outs) collection in the 6 cases, each of which is zipped-up and kept shut with a little padlock (to guard against prying eyes if necessary). All padlocks are opened by the same pattern of simple key, one of which I keep on my car keyring. The cases can be neatly stored on wardrobes or in a pile or in the garage. Also if you want to take certain pairs of heels on a trip or holiday, you simply re-shuffle the right pairs into one single suitcase and off you go! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

So how do you store your shoes? In their original boxes, getting dusty on open shelves, on tidy racks, stacked up in crates???

I think this might deserve a thread of its own in the Everyone forum.

/I

Good question.

Too bad I haven't given it much thought.

Then again, I only have one pair of heels. :(

There is a large "walk-in" closet in our bedroom with two shelves for shoes built onto the walls.. One on each side. My wife stores her shoes on the shelves on one side and I store mine on the other. Some are in boxes and some are just sitting on the shelf without boxes. Easy to see and get at when choosing a pair to wear. You can easily see which shoes belong to me. Mine have the higher heels. :(

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Ok ok ok.....I finally got out and about. Is there catch? Yes there is. It was well after hours so I decided to ride to ride my bike to some hole-in-the-wall bar on one of the back streets. I finally get there and the hostess notices my red babydoll pumps, she does get a little shocked at first, and even asks me if I really am a guy (which I am), but thinks nothing of it. (I think-unless she was pointing me out to other people.) Then I get the mandatory "Why?". I answer that I just like high heels, that's it. Not the most exciting (or adventurous) story, but hey it takes guts to even do that much. :(

• 4 months later...

Unknown:-) Since you say that you only have one pair of shoes and that they are red with baby-doll toes---can we assume that your pic is you with your red shoes on? I wouldn't mind having a pair of red heels like that myself, and an excellent pair to start your new shoe collection with. I also think that the pic would make an excellent avatar for your postings. :D Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Glad to see that storage space is a concern for many of us. I was afraid that I was alone out there. I've long since run out of room and now have encroached on my wife's closet! I guess there could be worse problems, but I will never "purge"!!! :D

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I have made wood shelving shoe storage for the floor of my closet with vertical and horizontal dividers. The shelves hold 4 pairs of shoes (each pair stacked on top of each other) horizontally and 4 rows of shelves. There are 4 sets of shelves on the floor, so that is about 64 pairs. Original shoe boxes take up too much space. Shelves are different heights for different shoes. I also like flats and have hundreds of those. Flats are easy to store in a 4" x 3" x 12" shelf. Heels have higher shelves according to heel height. Boots go on shelves above the closet pole. Still not enough room, so the space below and behind the water bed is lined with boots. Excess shoes are stored in moving boxes in the attic. I shuffle shoes between the closet and attic according to season, or just for a change. Way too many shoes, way too many!! There is a second hand store in our town that sells shoes for $1.00. Many times the shoes are brand new that a department store has donated. It is a weekly ritual for me to visit this store.

I have made wood shelving shoe storage for the floor of my closet with vertical and horizontal dividers. Each shelf holds 4 pairs of shoes side by side (each pair stacked on top of each other) horizontally and 4 rows of shelves. There are 4 sets of shelves on the floor, so that is about 64 pairs. Original shoe boxes take up too much space. Shelves are different heights for different shoes. I also like flats and have hundreds of those. Flats are easy to store in a 4" x 3" x 12" shelf. Heels have higher shelves according to heel height. Boots go on shelves above the closet pole. Still not enough room, so the space below and behind the water bed is lined with boots. Excess shoes are stored in moving boxes in the attic. I shuffle shoes between the closet and attic according to season, or just for a change. Way too many shoes, way too many!! There is a second hand store in our town that sells shoes for $1.00. Many times the shoes are brand new that a department store has donated. It is a weekly ritual for me to visit this store.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm definefinitely NOT a purger My "avatars cost too much to throw away however, During the "great upheaval of 2004", I had to half my shoe collection (I had 2 pair of heels!) and what I have left I won't get rid of , unfortunately I only have space for another pair :shocked:I don't don't know what they'll be, but I have a few ideas. later, TXT-1