Not high heels, but love these

Irishwolf

Hi Irishwolf, Summer time and at home on a casual day for sandals is just something different, I agree those fit that kind of day. Not every thing has to be a heeled shoe and clogs and scholls are nice change. I have a couple pairs of rockport sandals for those kind of days. Summer fun! Mtnsofheels

• 2 weeks later...

The flat ones aren't available in the U.S. I found a pair of size 44 on eBay in the flat style and they are too big, the 42 in the heeled is just barely on the small side but works, a 43 would probably be perfect, but they don't make a 43 in the heeled version. So I'll settle for the 42's. Usually wear with shorts, take the flat ones hiking to put on around camp after I take off the hiking boots, that wood feels so great on my feet. European sizes, I found, can vary greatly just like U.S. sizes.

Nice sandals. I worn Dr. Scholls sandals since 1974, and I still do. They have always been a favorite of mine, or maybe even the favorite! I'm glad to see that people still enjoy them. I just wish theey were made as good as the originals in the 1970's.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I too like exercise sandals, which seem to be enjoying something of a comeback in the UK. Scholl has several versions of its traditional wooden sandal for women (flat or raised heel) and has reintroduced the flat unisex Pescura, including men’s sizes up to UK12: http://www.scholl.com/en-GB/1/SS11Originals These sandals (normal price £50.00) are currently at a good sale price of £15.00, although not all sizes are available. I suspect that they have not sold too well (hence the discount) - best to buy now before they disappear again. The raised heel styles are also discounted.

The similar Berkemann sandals are, in my opinion, even better, having a lighter wooden footbed; they are very comfortable for all-day wearing. They are hard to find in the UK and tend to be very expensive but can be bought by mail order from Germany. There are high-heeled models as well as the flat unisex ‘original’ sandal in sizes up to Eu48.5. A good source for the latter (with a current discounted sale price of EUR 41.97) is here: http://www.tobiasmayer.com/sales.php?brand=115&S_ID=10790&IC=

Sizes on all these sandals seem to run a little small – I normally wear UK11 but the Scholl UK12 or Berkemann Eu46 is a better fit for me.

I wish we had that kind of selection from Scholl here in the US. I saw several pairs that I would love to have. All that is available here from Dr. Scholl is the regular heeled exercise sandals which is ok, because I have always liked (and worn) them. It would be nice to have the other styles as an option too.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I really enjoy wearing woman's sandals around the house, though I'm partial to more natural-looking sandals. Usually leather.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I wish we had that kind of selection from Scholl here in the US. I saw several pairs that I would love to have. All that is available here from Dr. Scholl is the regular heeled exercise sandals which is ok, because I have always liked (and worn) them. It would be nice to have the other styles as an option too.

If that is the case, docs41, then I sympathise. The US range here does seem more limited although it includes more than the traditional sandal: http://www.drschollsshoes.com/Shopping/Results.aspx?N=6207+4294967138 Unfortunately, the UK outlet will not ship overseas.