The Power of Perception

JeffB

One day last week I overslept and, in my rush to get to the office, I forgot to pack the shoes I planned to wear that day (Like most female office workers, I wear sneakers to the office, then change into my heels after I arrive). When people saw me in my sneakers, I must've had nearly a dozen co-workers ask why I didn't have heels on, one lady actually said I looked strange in flat shoes. My wearing heels at the office had become so ingrained in the minds of my co-workers, they were sort of thrown for a loop when I didn't wear them. I guess you could call that yet another sign of acceptance! :-D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Why not keep an extra pair of heels in one of the drawers in your desk? A nice pair of neutral color (black, brown, etc) pumps would be a "image saver" in cases like this. :lol:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

That's funny....I had the same reaction when I was working in Denver. They were so used to seeing me in pumps/plats/boots, that the days they saw me in sneakers their minds were blown once again! :rofl:

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!