Want input and info on my latest purchase

Mr. X

I think I may have hit a home run with my latest shoe purchase. I was browsing one of the local thrift shops when I spotted a pair of sandals in my size. They are leather faux snakeskin with a hint of purple. The had a clearance tag from the original retailer on them that said $72. And the original price was over $100. They were fairly new looking with just a hint of wear and tear. And they fit perfectly. And the best part of it is is that I walked out of there with them at the thrift store price of $10!

The shoes themselves are by Victor Alfaro. He is a fashion Designer of Mexican descent who now works out of the U.S.(thank you google). Apparently a lot of celebs wear his stuff. Online I was told they retail for around $90-100. And the cheapest I found was Ebay at $50.

Firstly, and most obviously, I want opinions on the shoes and my apparent bargain. And secondly, does any one have any experience with his designs of clothes and shoes? I mean if the celebs wear his stuff, and they are featured in "In Style" magazine, they must be good right?

Here is a couple of links.

http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/general/photos/0,,20300897_20296661_20655118,00.html

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360261737290&clk_rvr_id=243366414463

Mr X- I think you indeed got very lucky. Probably some lady of means was downsizing her closet and just decided to donate a lot of things to her local store with the thought "someone will really like these" and that was that. OR: This person was putting together a few boxes of donations and these shoes inadvertently made it the donate pile instead of the KEEP pile or maybe the EBAY pile. Either way, you're the big winner and how cool s it that a guy gets to wear them??!! Great find. Classic sexy design. Now get out there and enjoy wearing them. HappyinHeels

The shoes look good and a great find even more so for $10. But I don't think the original owner left them by mistake. The link you used said something about fall 2009 and maybe the original owner follows current trends very closely and didn't want last season's shoes anymore.

The shoes look good and a great find even more so for $10.

But I don't think the original owner left them by mistake. The link you used said something about fall 2009 and maybe the original owner follows current trends very closely and didn't want last season's shoes anymore.

We should all be so fortunate that shoes like these we can get rid of because they are, "last year's fashion"!