Preconceptions and repercussions

SleekHeels

The respect and agencies between people have become eroded to the point that less than everyone cares for the well-being of the people next to them, no matter how they relate. Even marriages have become more focused on legal commitments then in the loving and supporting of each other because the participants are more concerned with looking good and good looking.

Slut? Using this term in referring to a man or a women who has chosen their idea of presenting an attractive appearance, all-be-it somewhat gaudy, doesn't even come close to the actual intent of the word. Therefore, the people being victimized in the article are also empowering those name callers by their reactions. A march won't change the perceptions or the respect people have been taught or want to think about as they associate with others. Maybe some common sense dialogue would have better advantages to find some resolution in this matter. Having women struct their stuff in marching will more likely be seen as a beauty stroll than a rebuttal for being labeled so morally loose, gamy, and deceptive.

• 3 weeks later...

You know, I would probably be more behind feminism if there was some logic behind it (yea, I know coming from a guy in heels). So many feminist seem to be walking contradictions, like they don't have a clue what they really want. They really need to get their act together if they are going to make a difference.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Wouldnt it be nice if people that dont understand or approve of other peoples fashion sense could keep there mouth shut? I dont have a problem with double takes or persons with a genuine interest giving me a question. What I have a problem with is the homophobic people that beleives that everything that dos not comform to standars is automatically gay. For instance, a year ago I went to a nearby gasstation to buy some sodas wearing some heels. I was approaced by a guy that could not say that he had questions as to why I wore heels. He had to blame some others in the gas station, i.e. he told me that they was wondering why I wore heels. Anyway I did not let that worry me, I gave him an answer and got on with my business.

Best regards, Stefan

Wouldnt it be nice if people that dont understand or approve of other peoples fashion sense could keep there mouth shut? I dont have a problem with double takes or persons with a genuine interest giving me a question. What I have a problem with is the homophobic people that beleives that everything that dos not comform to standars is automatically gay.

For instance, a year ago I went to a nearby gasstation to buy some sodas wearing some heels. I was approaced by a guy that could not say that he had questions as to why I wore heels. He had to blame some others in the gas station, i.e. he told me that they was wondering why I wore heels.

Anyway I did not let that worry me, I gave him an answer and got on with my business.

To follow up on what stefan has brought up, there are three gentlemen in our office area in our organization who have never been married and keep their personal lives relatively quiet. The perception in the organization and office is that these men are gay. I know for a fact they are not. I have been married with children and am currently seeing a female friend on a regular basis, yet because of the footwear that I wear in the office, and I have been spotted by some away from work when I was wearing feminine high heels, through the grapevine I have learned that many think I am gay and my female friend is a lesbian. There is nothing I can do to sway these people and their thoughts and opinions, nor will I attempt to. But this goes along with the preconceptions and repercussions at the heart of this post.