New Fantasy League

badger

This might only apply to Americans, but I think we should start a Fantasy League for the women on morning TV. The players draft the different women newscasters and you earn points for the kind of shoes they wear. Zero points for flats and 1 point for each inch of heel height. Zero points for sandals, 1 point for pumps, 2 points for ankle boots and 3 points for knee boots. I haven't thought it throught yet, but I would love to get some more thoughts. Maybe more points for an unusual color.

Everyone should wear boots!

Why zero points for sandals? I've several pair of sandals with 4" and 5" stiletto heels and wear them most of the summer. It's a shame not to count the inches of those heels in the game, too. Besides, a lot of the newsbabes on TV wear them.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

It's a novel idea, but as Bubba says you're going to have a hard time arguing over which styles attract most points! Perhaps just awarding points for height of heels would be easier along with bonus marks for interesting instances of shoe play. Dangles, twiddles etc. That could be difficult to adjudicate as well though. In fact come to think of it, the heel heights would be subject to dispute too.

As usual, Firefox makes some great points, although I think for heel heights Badger's original proposal of 1 point per 1" is admirable simple. However, what about negative (minus) points for dreadful shoes: Less than 1" Nul pwants (a la Eurovision Song Contest) Flat sandals -1 Comfy loafers -2 Flat trainers -3 Wellington boots -4 Negative heels -5 etc. etc. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Each league can have its own rules. I hate sandals, so in my league sandals get zero points, but if the sandal has a heel, then it gets points for the heels, but not for being a sandal. I guess you could have 6-8 people in each league. They would make a list of the newsbabes in their area and have a draft. You might only have 3 or 4 babes per team. Each player would be assigned a network that they would have to video tape each day. They would be responsible for scoring that network that week. You could rotate networks during the season, so that nobody can cheat too much to help their team. I just think it would be more fun watching the footwear during the news, than listening to the news. We would need American and European divisions I think. Lets keep the thoughts coming.

Everyone should wear boots!

need pics too. Hard to tell the newsbabes apart unless you hav a pic. (this is becoming way too complicated - but, might work)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.