Halloween Heels

mules4ever

Halloween provides a good excuse to dress up, for those that need it. Teens and others all have the chance, and if you want to wear stuff the other 364 days of the year, tell people you are practicing for Halloween :lol: Who cares anyway; as long as what you wear is not indecent, you can develop a new style.

Post your Halloween stories here!

Can one of you board members from the States explain the Halloween conventions a little more, so that those of us from the UK and Europe can see why and how guys in heels fit in with the tradition. Your Halloween costume has crossed the Atlantic to reach us, but judging by what I have observed of the UK festivities, they just seem to consist of schoolchildren dressing up as witches and knocking on house doors saying "Trick or Treat". I assume then that your original Amercan custom involves adults too, and judging be a number of references on these forums, are the guys expected to wear high heels for some reason? Cheerfully Yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Halloween...Hummm...A very unusual tradition...

I found this link which explains much of the history of this day...

http://wilstar.com/holidays/hallown.htm

And here's the History Channel's version...

http://www.historychannel.com/exhibits/halloween/hallowmas.html

Hope these links help!!

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

Hello Shoeiee! Thank you for those two links - they enabled me to read with interest the history of Halloween up to the present day. However, I am still none the wiser as regards so why so many American guys have posted here and there that their first public heel-wearing occurred at Halloween. Has guys-wearing-heels (or maybe overall cross-dressing) become an accepted or expected part of Halloween? Or, less formally, is it just a case that it is the one fancy dress opportunity of the year where 'anything goes' and shoe-tempted guys take advantage of this? Or does everyone wear masks in addition to their costumes, in which case could it be that shy-guys feel that they can at last wear their heels in public with the assurance of staying anonymous? I would be fascinated to know more! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Heelfan, You’re welcome for the links. I found them both to be rather informative, if not contradicting in some aspects... As for guys in heels, I believe it is a matter of several factors: 1.) It IS the one night of the year when anything is publicly accepted. The religious zealots don't even mess with people as all the dressing up is in the spirit of fun!! 2.) Since everyone is dressed so as not to be recognized, one can use copious amounts of make-up and serious costuming to be virtually unrecognizable. And even if they are recognized, who cares!! It's Halloween!! Everyone dresses up for that night!! 3.) Heels specifically - I would say that many men do take advantage of this unique day to either fulfill their personal fantasies (or their SO's) and dress the part just because they can get away with it. The ONLY way you can get in trouble going out on Halloween is to do something decidedly illegal. No one will 'turn you in' for dressing oddly, and you must admit that heels on men (or skirts, bra, panties, make-up) is still quite an oddity. I believe that all these factors combined make this the perfect day for any man who enjoys wearing heels to go out and take their first outdoor steps. No one will criticize you for wearing them unless you're wearing a really horrible costume. And even then, you can blow that off without too much trouble! I remember in college, the music dept had a banquet at Halloween. Mind you, this university is in a VERY (V E R Y!!) conservative area where evangelism is HUGE!! (Pop 20,000 - about 1000 churches...Mostly Southern Baptist, the most conservative religion in the US...Not even one lingerie shop in town at that time...) There was a group of guys who showed up in dresses. No make-up, heels or anything. They just decided to wear dresses that evening. They REALLY looked horrible!! Probably the worst criticism they got that night was 'Where's the heels??' or 'No Make-Up??'!! Their answer?? "We couldn't find any in our size!!" or 'I can't put that stuff on!!' Even the ultra conservative in the department didn't say anything!! They were just accepted that night as having fun! As would nearly anyone who does the same! Happy Heeling!!

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

Thank you again Shoeiee for being most interesting and informative! I hope others will answer the original question posed by this thread, including some UK members, because I would like to hear if any UK adults dress-up in the manner that Shoeiee reports from the States. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Emma that's terrific! You look lovely! Great pair of legs to which the shorter skirt and higher heels do great justice. And a great taste in shoes! I can only repeat the compliments that I gave on the other thread - that you seem to do everything with a natural style and elegance (nothing blousy or over-the-top). You look 101% convincing and really great. Keep it up, and WELL DONE! You're a credit to the Forum. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

hi aal ! have you ever seen teen boys wearing high heels on halloween or dress up parties? teel us your sights

Hi Mules4ever...to answer your question yes I have seen that in previous years, and from my sightings the age demographic goes all the way up to late 20's.

• 1 month later...

Emma, here in the USA, most nurses stopped wearing the standard white uniforms with hats. Today, they wear a floral print tunic, white slacks, white hosiery and soft white walking shoes. And Shoeiee, you did a great job providing information about the history of Halloween, as well as the current traditions as practiced here in the USA. Congratulations.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

most nurses stopped wearing the standard white uniforms with hats. Today, they wear a floral print tunic, white slacks, white hosiery and soft white walking shoes.

They tend not to wear the traditional uniform here, either these days, but you also don't see that many wearing metallic purple rubber, either!

Emma

• 4 weeks later...

In my area (Colorado) you see the guys in either full-blown drag-in either a comedy mode or serious "GIRL" mode. . . Not many variations. Some here call Halloween "National CrossDressing Day".

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.