Designer heels comfort?

MisterN

I was walking around in a cheap shoe store the other day, and I know from experience that cheap shoes have the bad habit of falling apart as soon as you start wearing them and that they are not particularly comfortable to wear for a long time (there are exeptions of course, I don't want to generalise) . I'm pretty sure that designer shoes are a lot stronger but I was wondering if they are more comfortable as well? I've never worn a really expensive shoe in my life before (yet!), so I was wondering: are they? Or do you just pay for the incredible looks? I've been wondering about this for a while now. I'm sure you guys/girls will be able to answer my question :). Cheers

I was walking around in a cheap shoe store the other day, and I know from experience that cheap shoes have the bad habit of falling apart as soon as you start wearing them and that they are not particularly comfortable to wear for a long time (there are exeptions of course, I don't want to generalise)

I'm pretty sure that designer shoes are a lot stronger but I was wondering if they are more comfortable as well?

I've never worn a really expensive shoe in my life before (yet!), so I was wondering: are they? Or do you just pay for the incredible looks?

I've been wondering about this for a while now. I'm sure you guys/girls will be able to answer my question :).

Cheers

I have had high street heels that have lasted for years and years of regular wearing - and some designer heels that were so 'fussy' and fragile that they fell apart within 6 months.

It really depends on two things. 1) The quality of the materials used - and 2) The quality of the workmanship.

So therefore, the country in which they are made is important.

If they are made with real leather then you are onto a good start. If they are made in Brazil, Spain, Italy, France, the UK and Yugoslavia - then you are almost certain to get VERY high standards of workmanship.

If they are made in China, Taiwan...and sadly, the United States now - then the quality of the workmanship will be nowhere near as good.

Personally, I think that most 'designer' brands are vastly over-rated and massively over-priced.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Well that is interesting to read. I always assumed that high priced heels would be better quality. Must be a little sour to see your shoes fall apart after such a short time if you paid a lot of money for them. What about the comfort? Are there any differences in that, or are they overrated in that area as well?

Comfort depends on many factors. Most of the time it is a crap shoot in finding the most comfortable with the best styling. I've worn heels from some reputable brands that were styled in a way that they caused more pain, than the those with the same styling from lesser brands. I know this is a generalized answer, but you have to start with the heel styling you like and then sample the options. This could be an expensive venture, especially if your tastes are in designers. Pussyinboots gave you a great start in knowing the direction you could choose. Consider the lifestyle you intend to wear your heels and search accordingly. Any other puchases are luxuries and not necessities, but it is your choice. Most male heelers have gotten heels they love, but never considered they would be free to wear them publicly. This option has changed. Men are now wearing them openly. Maybe the numbers are comparatively minuscule to be notice regularly right now, but they are growing. We just have to make sure we are good examples for this male heeling movement when we have the opportunity share our taste with others. There are many opinions on what a good example is, even in this community of heelers. I'd go with the heels you desire to wear. After all, it is a personal choice for your happiness. If others are choosing for you, whose life are you living?

My most comfortable pair are a pair of 6'' platform knee high boots with a lovely soft fabric upper. Very comfortable to walk in and soft around the toe area but sturdy enough to provide stability. I got them from a shop in the Bull Ring shopping centre in Birmingham brand new, not in the sale for £7.99. I have some expensive pairs that are not as comfortable. For me comfort depends on the style, type of material used and width of the shoe and generally has nothing to do with the price.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Designer shoes will indeed live longer than cheaper shoes. Im sure you'll all agree that It takes time to make something good and time is money. As well as superior workmanship the materials are also of superior quality and generally the stitching is finer. Comfort is an individual matter. Personally I find loriblu and Louboutin to be Well made and so far the most comfortable for me. However, individual comfort very much depends on the shape of the designers last on which they were created.

One of the obvious reasons that designer shoes MAY last longer than a high street shoe - is that you automatically treat them better.

I don't know many girls who simply kick off a designer pair of heels...they slip them off with their hands. I don't know many girls who drive in designer heels - they put on a different pair. I don't know ANY friends who will wear their designer heels in really bad weather or to anywhere that has bad ground underfoot. Again, all my friends keep their designer heels in the box - high street heels just get thrown into the closet....it goes on. Mind you - I don't have many friends who wear designer heels much. They spend their money on important things - like their family, home and children.

Personally - I treat all my heels as if they WERE my children. That is.....very well. They all cost money and they all keep my feet comfortable, clean and dry. Therefore they all deserve good treatment.

As for comfort - that is entirely in the designer's hands. The basics of a comfortable shoe are not rocket science - they are simple principles of physics and function - nothing more. The placement of the centreline of the heel, the rake of the arch, the width of the ball of the foot and the instep are all easy things to get right - and wrong.

Deviate from these and you mess with nature i.e people's feet. It's the same with plenty of other things too - scrimp on the simple proven principles of functionality and you get something that may look fabulous and cost a bomb - but is in fact, good for nothing. Just look at cars...fridges...houses even. It's been the same throughout history......and we never learn.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I guess I have been lucky. I have a couple of pairs of "designer" high heels and the rest are not "designer" high heels. I have had good luck with the durability of all of my high heels. Like Pussyinboots, I just try to take special and extra care of them.

... Mind you - I don't have many friends who wear designer heels much. They spend their money on important things - like their family, home and children. ...

Many male heelers have put the importance of getting and wearing their heels over the needs of their family and etc. This isn't the best or only reason to quit banning heels for men, but it could open a better communication and life for many men and women about men having such desires.

If anyone has been denied the chance to have a television in their home, they know the feeling they had when they went to their friends homes that have televisions. This same type of feeling is experienced by those who are forbidden the opportunity to have their desired heels. Desire not dealt with adequately and/or unsatisfactorily, continues to seek some sort of fulfillment. Depending on many factors, this desire could become unquenchable. Hence, we have men and women with an excessive affinity for things with a value that is nil when compared to human interaction of family and friends. Yet, these desired things take a higher priority, because they haven't been satisfied.

Since this is a forum for men who love wearing high heels. This is the most prevalent desire thirted for here. The brand or price may not matter, if the heels are the ones desired. Once the shoes are being worn, then the comfort factor comes into play as to how much the heeler is willing to deal with, in order to wear them. Some heels are so comfortable and desired the wearer marks the periods they haven't been in them. Other heels look so good the wearer is willing to forgo the feeling of comfort in order to wear the style they love and perceive they look good in. Only a small pecentage of heels include the total package of styling, comfort, quality, and notoriety that fills the insatiable desire for the wearer, at least temporarily.

Family is the most important thing...keeping a roof over your head, food on the table, and being able to provide for your family's needs. One might even consider the buying of high heels, especially designer heels, to be a luxury. Making a monthly budget to follow will tell you if can really afford to buy luxury items. I agree with almost everything Histiletto said except for "Since this is a forum for men who love wearing high heels"...yes a majority of us are men here, but there are also women here...women like PIB, shedevil, pata, amanda, and others who have given us valuable information and advice...don't ever discount them please. PIB, I agree completely with your statements...no matter what one owns, it should be taken care of to get the most longevity out of it...whether it be shoes, appliances, cars, etc. Amanda, I have come across "designer" things in the past that may not have been the best as far as longevity/workmanship is concerned. There is a wide gap between designer and cheaply made...what I'm trying to say is that there are still very well made things (like shoes) that don't have the "designer" label on them that are still made of very high quality. Would La Piazza be considered designer? (I don't if they are or not) If not, they sure have a good reputation for being high quality.

well & work today I saw a lady wearing a pair of thighboots somthing like those pictured here (dont know exactly which style but they were black like one of these in any case) & her right heel was showing some very unstable wobbling like it seems to be ready to break or somthing as she walked out the door, I'll tell you that for me @ least these only should be worn in & around the house for very brief periods- speaking for myself I really could not stand much less walk in stilleto heel boots I've got my NINE WEST blade heel knee boots with 4 inch heels, & even they are more stable & therefore easier to walk in than stilletos, & I wear them only in the house too @ that~:lmao: but hey, to those who can walk in stilletos that are in here I say well done boys!!:)

post-2640-133522929396_thumb.jpg

post-2640-133522929397_thumb.jpg

post-2640-133522929407_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My budget has never allowed me to purchase designer heels especially as most of my heels are primarilly recreational. As a testimate to the Pleaser brand shoes, my experience as last tear i weighed in at a whopping 350lbs. man though still unbelievably more graceful than my 120 lbs. wife, my 4" slingbacks are still in great condition only just know needing the tips replaced after nearly daily wear even outside the house. But i have been deathly ill for the last 11 months and have lost nearly 130 lbs. Which leads me to a follow up question, that may need to be posted in a different thread, it there a good way or anyway even to tighten up or shrin your shoes?