Sharp heels.

John_se

To day a was in a store and many girls was wering stilettos. One just stand on here heels and she was leving many marks (dent) And some of the others was walking on the thin nail and dents the floor. I have a question for the lady. Do you dont no what the heels are doing to the floor, or dont you care?

Well, hold on a minute Laurie, You're normally a very responsible contributor and moderator (if I might say so!). If you are wearing steel-tipped stilettos and have approach someone's room with a very new, expensive wooden floor, don't you have ANY regard for looking after it? Much damage was done to London art gallery floors when stilettos appeared for the first time, and rubber heel-protectors were issued (mentioned in one of Lucy's stories) but too late for some floors. I hardly ever wear stilettos outside the house, mainly block heels. But my wife, daughter and lady friends have respect for other people's expensive floors by walking on the mats, or tiptoeing in their heels or by going barefoot. Surely you would advise trying to prevent damage to other people's property, especially when they are a generous host inviting to their premises in good faith? Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Maybe I misread the original post. My thinking was that we do not buy heels with the thought that "hey, this will damage a floor real good". Of course, if I remembered, I would do my best to make sure I did not damage a floor because of my heels. And after ruining my favourite pair of pants because of metal heels, I have stopped wearing them, so the threat is minimized. :lol:

To day a was in a store and many girls was wering stilettos.

One just stand on here heels and she was leving many marks (dent)

And some of the others was walking on the thin nail and dents the floor.

I have a question for the lady.

Do you dont no what the heels are doing to the floor, or dont you care?

Sorry to be irresponsible, but I absolutely love it when ladies do these kinds of things, intentionally or not.

sinkem

...My thinking was that we do not buy heels with the thought that "hey, this will damage a floor real good"...

I agree with this statement. Unless someone has had an experience where they were made aware of causing damage with their heels, thinking about that potential is probably the farthest thought on their minds at the time of purchase. It was for me ...... until .......

I used to have a small collection of wall posters that were stored rolled up. One time, I wanted to post a couple of them on my walls. I placed them under my bedroom carpet and left them there for a few weeks to work out the curling. Unfortunately, I also wore stiletto heels at this time. When it came time to post the posters, I discovered ripple marks the size of my stilleto heel sole all over the posters. AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH That made me conscious about the damage heels can cause.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 2 weeks later...

For me this is a sore subject as some of you will be aware, I am a full time heel wearer (and have wooden floors at home). I am constantly having to varnish my floors because of the damage to the wood from my metal heels (which most of my shoes have). I am a girl who finds it hard to wear flat shoes now adays (my feet are simply so used to the angle of wearing heels) so when I'm at home, I kind of know the damage that will be caused but I always know it is fixable (not the end of the world). My car on the other hand is another story.... You should see the mat under my accelerator pedal.....

Sorry to be irresponsible, but I absolutely love it when ladies do these kinds of things, intentionally or not.

sinkem

Hello High Surprise! You've got us totally confused about your gender! On the "Let's Get To Know Each Other" you registered yourself as "Male", and suddenly in your last few postings on a couple of threads you have begun calling yourself female. Be a sport, tell us your REAL gender! It's so much nicer for us all when reading these postings to know whether the contributor is a male or a female. Whichever you are, I've enjoyed your previous postings and sightings! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan (male heel admirer and wearer)

Onwards and upwards!

to know whether the contributor is a male or a female. Whichever you are, I've enjoyed your previous postings and sightings!

Some people find these two choices too limited, a lot of us are floating in a kind of continuum in between, and are happy there. As you said, whichever you are, no need to make a choice, it's irrelevant anyway. Some are switching back and forth, others want to be a bit of both, others change completely. Choice of gender, choice of footwear, as long as you're happy and feel at easy, who (should) care?

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Well, maybe I'm the odd man out on these forums, but at least I care about knowing, if possible, each poster's gender! Let's face it, whether or not some members choose to admit it, the whole fascination or admiring or wearing high heels (or both) is driven in one way or another by the fundamental human drive of SEX in its myrids of different forms and connotations. I am fully aware (being a heelwearing guy myself) that the minds of many people can float (as you put it) between them being male and female and vice-versa. However, when I'm reading the various members' postings, to me it makes a HUGE difference to know the sex (or shall at least say the original or 'starting-out' sex of the person posting). If I am deprived of knowing this, much of the material posted loses virtually all of its interest for me. Perhaps you will understand my point better if you will allow me to take as an example your own case (seeing that you have already posted it internationally with the backup of many excellent photographs): Having enjoyed your website, your excellent stories, the abundant shots of your impressive heel collection, and pictures of your wearing them etc., a big turning-point came fro me when you started publishing full-length pictures of you fully dressed as a woman. Although not being a TV myself (except for the high heel thing!), I found those shots of you to be incredible convincing and impressive, and (I must admit) even exciting! An amazing and very convincing transformation, as I've already posted! Now, my whole point is, that I (and maybe other viewers) would probably not have found those pictures to be exciting/remarkable/interesting etc. if you had registered here as a woman from the start. I for one would probably simply have looked at the pictures as 'One of countless other pleasant women who will blend in with the crowd'. I am saying that the whole guys-in-heels, cross-dressing, freestyling thing is so closely bound up with genders and cross-genders etc. that if people omit (or are untruthful) about their original gender (even if maybe for very understandable or personal reasons), then to me, those postings (and maybe all of them if I lose trust in everyone's honesty) become meaningless and devoid of the very core that made them so fascinating, intriguing and totally addictive. I would be interested in your reaction to this point Highluc, and also in whether any other members agree with me, or whether they will feel feel that each poster's gender is quite irrelevant to the postings and maybe need never be mentioned at all. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan.

Onwards and upwards!

Knowing one's true gender (sex) would be nice. It would add a lot to the person's comments if everyone knew what sex the poster really was. So they could tell what direction their point of view is coming from, so to speak. However, this is the internet. And, as Sasha says, "it's entertainment." Anyone can be anything they want, anywhere they want, anytime they want. It's only after meeting someone in person, like our heeling crowd, that any credence can be attached.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

...........Let's face it, whether or not some members choose to admit it, the whole fascination or admiring or wearing high heels (or both) is driven in one way or another by the fundamental human drive of SEX in its myrids of different forms and connotations.......

Sorry but for me sex has nothing to so with it. Sex is very low on my priority list in whatever form but affection and kindness are very important to me. I agree knowing somebodies' born sex helps put their postings in a certain perspective. Please do not mix the words sex and gender because for about 1 out 12000 guys this is not the same (I don't wish my worst enemy to be confronted with that). Because sex (act) is irrelevant to me I am able to choose my friends for their character, interests and intelligence, regardless of their (born) sex. I have as many guys as girls as friends and am appreciated by both for the person I am, not for how I (might) function in bed. The fact my wardrobe is different from the typical macho is only related to the way I feel, not to the image I want to convey. I admire beatiful shoes like I do for cars and airplanes, and just happen to like to be in them as well. Shoes are designs for me, not objets associated with other desires than wearing them. I realise others think differently but that is just what makes each human unique, whatever name or category you want to label them.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

• 4 weeks later...

I'm about a month late reading this, but was disappointed at members attacking Laurie for a harmless remark and she does care what she does. I agree there is a pleasing sensation in a slight denting, when its not going to damage anything - as in most cases, and where it would we take care about what we wear. Sorry you had that bad experience with the metal heels. I just have a new pair with plastic heels, but after a few wears I find on soft floors they can leave not a dent but a little dimple, just about the size of the metal insert that holds the plastic to the heel. With the same amount of wear the metal heel wouldn't be marking the floor at all I think. Glad the criticism didn't cause you to quit. John.

It was bad experience with the metal heels. And my gf does the same. I askt here why she stands on the heel only. but she did´t think she was doing so. but when she shops clothes and are trying them on and locks in the mirrors she does heelturn all the time. And i told here thats she dents the floor she din´t belive me first. So i told here to se for here self and she was surprised the dents here heels was doing. I told here that the heels making small marks even when she only walks normaly. she told me that she loves stilettoheels and not gona stop wering it and i agree.. John

To John S.E. you seem to have been torn between admiring your gf and respect for the floor, and the stilettos won. Did the floor lose out all that badly with a few dents, if it was a working shop floor no one may have minded. I've asked sometimes and been told no problems, even that they thought my heels left cute little patterns as though they welcomed them; also that no heels could harm their floor in another shop; and another where the furniture made deeper marks. Furniture and children can often be worse.

When we moved into our last house on our farm, my wife "laid down the law" about wearing metal heels in the house. The floors through out the house (3,700 Sq ft of living space on two floors) -- except in the kitchen which were tile -- were hardwood that we had refinished (extreemly labor intensive and very expensive) before we moved in. The rule there was (and still is here at our current place on the coast): "Thou shalt not ever wear metal heels inside the house." And, woe unto those that break this axiom for they will certainly incur the wrath of "she that must be obeyed." :lol:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In my "collection" I have a couple of pairs of half metal stilettos. Fortunately I purchased extra tips when I bought them. My shoe-guy has no idea of where to go to get replacements. I remember that one courthouse "outlawed" these types of heels as did the White House due to damage.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

• 7 months later...

I have never purchased any stilettos with the half metal heel with the very skinny tip. Years ago, I did have a pair of turquoise patent stilettos with a plastic heel with a metal tip about a half inch across. The heel tip was broad enough that they didn't cause any damage to anything. They did make the most delicious clicking sound on concrete which I enjoyed for many years and was the only pair of heels that I never had to change the heel tip on. I loved the looks and feel of them on my feet and being my favorite pair, I wore them so much that I finally wore them out and had to let them go to the garbage bin. Even then, the steel tips still had a lot of mileage in them and outlasted the shoes themselves. All of my other stilettos had the softer plastic tips and didn't cause any damage anywhere. They would leave small dents in the lino in our kitchen which would disappear after a few minutes as if there hadn't been any stilettos used on it. Now since I don't wear stilettos anymore, I don't have any problems with my chunky heels on any surface what-so-ever. Cheers--- Dawn HH :roll:

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 3 weeks later...

I gave my girl a new pair of pumps and after one day it was only a "nail" at the tip of the heel. no good heel tips. But the sound of the heels was great. And the shoerepair man say that they didn´t get to repair. but she likes the shoes so she still use them but not at home. They are "dangerus", but lovely

• 1 year later...

Any high heel can cause damage to the floors. The narrower the heel the more damage it does, but even a wider high heel can do some minor damage to the floors. It's that that you noticed the marks on the floor because they were more pronounced, caused by the narrow heels, you might not notice the lighter marks. But as for these minor heel marks why should we bother noticing? Floors get scuffed and dented by all kinds of things, not just by heels. When you look at a floor in a shopping center, those older stores with many years of wear on them, the many dents and cracks in the tiles caused by other things can obscure the dents made by heels.