Variation on the Ballet Boot Theme

J-Nation

WHEW! It's been 8 hours in 6.6" Stilettos . . . I took 'em off and put on a pair of 5.5" ers . . . they feel like flats!

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Emma,

Yeh, they look fantastic and I'm guessing that they won't be as painfull on your toes as a Real ballet boot as your not directly on your toes points.

Have you tried a pair on or have you just seen them on the site?

There not a bad price either, maybe after the Pony boots, they'll be next in the wardrobe ;):o

I sell them much cheaper. Check out www.tips2toes.com

Tory

I bought a pair of the pump style with ankle straps from a u.s. site called snaz 75.com , and they were a little pricey in leather, but oh so much fun to walk in, not to mention drive a stickshift car ! The only thing I had to do is put some gel pads in the toe area, since they have NONE built into them. Comments on these from anyone else would be great. BTW, they are called "Femme" and they have them in boots , also. Available to size 14 u.s. , but don't know if they ship outside u.s. or canada.

Heels Are GRRREAT!!!

S.L.

I've got a couple pairs of Devious ballet boots, they are ok for the price. They do have alot of support for your ankle, which is nice. Unfortunatly, or fortunatly depending on how you look at it, they have a very severe angle to them, which makes walking more dificult to do without bending your knee's to compensate. I recently picked up a pair of Gaynor Minden pointe shoes. They have a bit of padding built in and are made of synthetic materials so they don't wear out as fast. They are much more comfortable for the foot when on your toes then ballet heels, so I'm wondering if you could make a pair of boots that fit over pointe shoes.. the point shoes could be changed when they do not provide propper support anymore, and the boot keeps them fixed on your feet and your heels in the air. Just a kinky thought... Could even make the outer boot out of rubber and a leather/metal sole...

(formerly known as "JimC")

I have both the wedge style and the regular ballet style and I find regular ballet heels much easier to walk in. I had to cut 1/2 inch off the heels on the wedge shoes to be able to semi walk in them. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a regular ballet heel with a platform under the toe obviously with higher heels to compensate for the platform height?

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the pointe shoe/ballet boot idea, and possibly a way to mix Derf's platform toe idea in as well. I have a pair of TLSB thigh high ballet boots that are a few sizes too large (sold on ebay as US10, they are a UK10), well since my b/f decided he doesnt like wearing them I tried putting on my pointe shoes and slipping my feet inside... the result was very encouraging. There was a little slop but standing and walking the combination was the most comfortable I've ever tried. Unfortunatly the rest of the boot is very oversized, but I'm considering trying to find a pair of ankle boots to try this with. I'll keep you updated.

(formerly known as "JimC")

Jim, I actually though of doing that before I added in the steel to mine but I could not find anyone in my area that sold large pointe shoes. Look in the modifications area to see pictures of what mine have evolved into. I want to make steel or wooden platforms for them next but finding time is diffficult. I don't think I will ever be able to make them and have them look great they will probably look more and more like some medeival torture device.