Variation on the Ballet Boot Theme

J-Nation

Hello,

I think thoes style are looking interesting, but I think the plastic base isn't looking that good!

I'm about getting a pumps version of this style, but it will take a few weeks until my size is available! Yes, they are already earmarked :cry: ! It's red with a black, wooden heel :lol: .

Here's a picture of them:

Posted Image

Those are from http://www.blicker-schuhe.de and they are also offerring more open styles on this base, but you may know that the closed pumps is still one of my prefered styles :lol:

kind regards

Joak :lol:

http://www.joak.org

Hello Ruud,

yes, if everthing works well, I'll purchase a pair of this red ballet pumps in september. The shoe sizes which were available initially were to small for my feet. But after asking at the shoe store from time to time, their supplier is supporting larger feets :lol::cry:

So I hope that they will be available soon - and shure, I'll let you know how they are to wear :lol:

kind regards

http://www.joak.org

PS: Yes I like their collection too - that's why I'll also buy a pair of their blade heeled boots for this autumn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I received a pair of those ankle strap pumps now - the same as one the picture, but in black all over, because they were available first (in the big sizes). Well, I just lobe the look of the style! I took a size 13US (14US on other heels) and they are about 6inch... long! Well the heel height is over 9" and they do have a plat of about 1 1/2" About wearing them, wlaking is still difficult, but better then on ballets or 7inchers. My knees are still bend, but I work on it - wasn't wearing my extreme in the last time... But they are real fun to wear, so I guess the walking part should work in the next few weeks! More information and pictures should follow soon :lol: best wishes Joak :lol:

I have been wearing the ankle high boots for about a month now. Walking in them is almost “normal”. My knees are still bent but I should be able to straighten them out soon. I plan to go out for a nice stroll by Halloween (hopefully sooner). Been looking for a pair of pants that are long enough to go with the 9” heels. The boots are very nicely made, sturdy yet comfortable. I would recommend to anyone that likes very high heels. I have also been using a foot trainer that I have made. That has been a great help. :lol:

OK!

One first picture of the new ones :lol: ! Today I've made several new - but it will need some time until the are ready for a website update...

But until then, here's a first picture - so let me know what do you you're thinking about them :lol:

Here they are:

Posted Image

best wishes

www.joak.org

actually Sarah, if you check the weblinks higher up in the thread, you will see on the American site they go down to a US6 and on the German site it shows them from size 36. I think that more or less works for you but the price is a bit jaw dropping. It looks a little cheaper in dollars but importing within Europe might be easier from Germany than the US. The latter site also has ballet shoe 'toe cushions' on offer, rather necessary I suspect. It is a very interesting 'design solution', despite giving a bit feel it is done by an engineer rather than a stylist! The typical ballet shoe tends to be a fantasy construction with valliant attempts by those with sufficient ankle flexibility to cope with them. These seem to take a real-life high-arched foot and work a solution around the feasible. Now we need some video of them in action... :lol: :lol: :lol:

/I

• 3 weeks later...

Dear all Well after a long period of not being able to afford a pair, I`ve ordered a pair from thighboot.net at about 120 quid. the size has come in at US 12 / uk 9.5(ish) though I'm not sure whether I'm going to be able to wear them straight away as I've damaged my big toe. Anyway looking forward to getting them and trying them on. Oh, they are the same as Joak has rec'd. Mmmm Big D

Me again Well I received my new shoes yesterday, only 10 days after ordering them, quite impressed. I made my way at lunch to pick them up from the post office, then tried them on back at home, having a short walk around the house. On the whole the fit is really good, though as the bases are made of wood, there is absolutely no flex in them whatsoever. My god though, they ain't half steep, even as a true ballet heel wearer, these are steep and I'm going to admit to having to amend the height and angle of the heel, just to so I can stand and walk comfortably. Let you know how I get on Big D

I have been wearing my Thigh High ankle boots for about two months now and I can walk rather well in them. Can almost straighten my knees. Plan my first outing by Halloween. By the way what’s the big deal with steps? I have to navigate a flight of steps to go out. The last step is unusually high, over 9”. I have built a practice step to make sure I can manage that 9” step. It’s not a problem at all. I’m very interested in the comparison to a “real” ballet boot. Which is easer to walk in?

Real "on your toes" type ballet boots give the whole foot, ankle, and lower leg a great deal of support, such that very little weight needs to rest on the very ends of the toes if the fit is right. These other types of shoe actually look more difficult to walk in to me. They seem to be like a very much more steep classic pump but with an added ankle strap. I think that I would find them more difficult to handle (but that is only what I think as I haven't yet seen these anywhere to actually try them out for real).

Ruud Ah, yes, I knew my comments would cause some constenation and would be considered a heanous crime, wouldn't be suprised if I was thrown off the forum for such thoughts and acts BUT these heels are EXTREMELY STEEP and there's no chance in hell that I'm going to become THAT flexible. I'm still trying to push it in my proper ballet heels and I think these would be a task too far. I don't have the balls to lead the lifestyle to wear them for long enough at a time to do the trick. I suggest you get yourself a pair and try them on, let me know what you think. Anyway, the amendments went rather well, have trusty Stanley chisels, will carve. I have taken about 10mm off each heel and has made a huge difference, far easier and comfortable to walk in. I even accounted for the change in angle, so that the heel tips sit flat to the ground, my woodwork teacher would be proud of me! Happy tottering

• 3 weeks later...

Big D Thanks for the comparison of Ballet Boots styles. I bought the ballet type ankle high boot form “Tight-High Boots” thinking that they would be a transition to a traditional ballet boot. Looks like I have chosen that most difficult path (as I have so often in life). I too have considered removing a bit from the heels but still hope to master them as is. 10mm doesn’t seem like much but in a heel this high it’s significant. My next "step" will be a pair of "on the toes" ballet boots, they should be a piece of cake to walk in

Now I admit I am uninformed on this and this might be a stupid question & THAT'S never stopped me before so here goes: Just how does one walk in ballet shoes/boots without assistance?

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

Very carefully? Unfortunatly thats sorta like asking a regular heel wearer how they can walk in 5" heels.. you just sorta do. Although with all my practice my 'walking' is no-where near gracefull, but I can move around. I can even walk around and up stairs holding dinner and a drink :( Natural ability or determination may have something to do with it, the sales girl at Fetish Factory was shocked that I could stand and hobble over to the mirror on my first try with ballet heels. Unfortunatly I doubt I've answered your question, but I'm not sure if it can be answered. Sorry Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Yes-I have ordered knee-high, lace-up boots! :( When they arrive I'll post the verdict. :( Pray for the old chick, ok?

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

>> Just how does one walk in ballet shoes/boots without assistance? <<

Slightly different to the way that you walk in normal heels. It works best if the boot is tight on the foot, so your weight is supported, rather then resting all of it on the ends of your toes. I found it easier to walk on the toe ends with the heel slightly off the floor. The videos at http://www.balletboot.com/preview-video.htm give a good idea too.

>> Yes-I have ordered knee-high, lace-up boots! <<

Yes! Knee length is probably best. Ankle length doesn't always give enough support. Thigh length is very restrictive and quite difficult due to limited amount of knee bending possible. Add a corset to that, and you'll really be restricted.

Where have you ordered the boots from? What size shoe do you take?

I already have 3 corsets form Versatile Fashions. With Sams' help I can corset down 6" below my normal waist size . . . and still sing! :(

The darkest side of me is looking foreward to the first day I have the Boots. :( Sam gave me a walker! She wants to borrow them . . .

I ordered them from punitive shoes.

Good luck with the new boots! But remember, they were never designed for activities done while walking :( At this point(e) stop by a dancewear shop or poke around a mail order dance shop and get some pointe shoe toe pads, they make a huge diference. That, and start slow, let your body tell you when you've had enough.. No reason to have to explain to a doctor why you've twisted your ankle. My knee high's are from TLSB, I've really enjoyed them, but the two female friends of mine who wear the same shoe size could barely figure out how to put them on, let alone attempt to stand. Oh well. On a side note, one of them has had trouble with 2" heels, and last time we hit the bars she didnt even notice I was walking around in 5" till we sat down.. (btw, I am attached, so I'm not dressing to impress) Seeya Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

I started foot training today. I'm using a pair of 6.5" black patent stilettos. I'll try to keep them on for 8 hours while I do housework. What do you think?