hot shoes for winter 2010

morpho

I've done my 'seasonal rush' buying for all time., I have eight or nine pairs of Winter boots I regularly wear which suit me fine, and will never go out of style. I have other Vintage pairs which are for fresh, dry days - and three pairs are fur lined for extreme weather. None have heels higher than 4" for practical reasons....like mud, snow and ice.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Great video! :wave: Even though it's summer approaching where I live and most of those shoes wouldn't come in my size I just wanted to ask, who else absolutely hates clogs? ....and kitten heels?!! I think clogs are the less practical cousin of crocs and almost every style of kitten heels would look better as flats! On a positive note... I think wedges are hot as well as the lace up bootie styles... so why not combine the two?!! Would look great with thick tights! Really liking the OTK/thigh boots but I've always thought boots that sit on or around the knee (ie just above or just below) look best. I love oxfords and brogues.. but I think they should either be flats (1cm heel max) or heels (like 3 inch+)

Call me Tights!

Great video! :wave:

Even though it's summer approaching where I live and most of those shoes wouldn't come in my size I just wanted to ask, who else absolutely hates clogs? ....and kitten heels?!!

I think clogs are the less practical cousin of crocs and almost every style of kitten heels would look better as flats!

On a positive note... I think wedges are hot as well as the lace up bootie styles... so why not combine the two?!! Would look great with thick tights!

Really liking the OTK/thigh boots but I've always thought boots that sit on or around the knee (ie just above or just below) look best. I love oxfords and brogues.. but I think they should either be flats (1cm heel max) or heels (like 3 inch+)

G'day!

It just goes to show you that everyone here has an opinion, and they're all valid, but we can all agree to disagree respectfully.

I absolutely love clogs. I think they can look attractive, and I love wearing them because they're more unisex and less feminine (which is my goal, not necessarily yours). I also love to slip my feet in and out of them when I'm sitting. And I can wear a US women's size 11 in most backless shoes, so I have a lot more selection than in size 12, which I need for pumps, boots, loafers, flats, and other shoes with a back. On the other hand I don't care at all for crocs.

I adore kitten heels. They are cute, in my opinion. I wouldn't wear them myself, but that's just me. I think they are attractive on others who have the body style that suits a thin heel.

On the other foot, I simply abhor wedges. I don't like them at all. I much prefer a shoe or boot with a well-defined heel shape. You will never find me in a wedge with a full flat sole. Lace up booties and oxfords? Yuck, also, in my opinion. I had to wear lace up oxfords as a kid (my parents made me) and I hated them. Still do!

We may have found common ground on OTK boots, but I'm much more into knee high boots than anything higher.

Interesting how it is - we have almost the exact polar opposite likes and dislikes. Well, that's what makes the world interesting. I respect your choices, and I hope you respect mine. That's the way it should be!

Steve

This video popped up on my computer the other night and it is a pretty nice showing of latest fashion shoes. But at the tail end, there were quite a few examples of flats. Not that they weren't pretty, but I was more interested in the high heels and I thought there would be more styles of high heels than were shown.

I prefer sticking to buying classic looking heels/shoes/boots, ones that would be good for more than 1 season. I personally did not like most of the styles in the video. Clogs, wedges, shoes/boots full of buckles, all are a no no for me. Oxfords I pair with my suits, not my skirts lol, not even my jeans.

Interesting how it is - we have almost the exact polar opposite likes and dislikes. Well, that's what makes the world interesting. I respect your choices, and I hope you respect mine. That's the way it should be! Steve

Absolutely mate! I was reading your post thinking how this is the exact opposite and then you said it yourself...

I was just expressing my thoughts on the video (and certain styles after viewing it) and wondering if anyone else has similar ...dislikes (I guess).... none so far and that is no problem at all.

Call me Tights!