Funny heel problem

Hi - I always admired women in high heels, but I also have a strange heel problem of my own. For the last two years I have had a troublesome and often painful right knee which was aggravated when I was manhandled during a robbery. Then just recently I discovered by sheer chance, when putting on a pair of boots that I hadn't worn in 25 years, that with a heel of about two inches the pain disappears. So that looks likethe shape of the future for me, the only problem being, of course, that it's not easy to find two-inch heels in men's shoes. Any suggestions?

Hi - I always admired women in high heels, but I also have a strange heel problem of my own. For the last two years I have had a troublesome and often painful right knee which was aggravated when I was manhandled during a robbery. Then just recently I discovered by sheer chance, when putting on a pair of boots that I hadn't worn in 25 years, that with a heel of about two inches the pain disappears. So that looks likethe shape of the future for me, the only problem being, of course, that it's not easy to find two-inch heels in men's shoes. Any suggestions?

Welcome to hhplace, batspring40 :( There are a few other members here that have maladies that are relieved by wearing high heels. Most of are the "back pain" verity, however. As to the problem of finding manly appearing high heel boots with heels at least 2" high, there are quite a few styles of women's boots with heels that are really unisex looking. I'm sure that a quick search around eBay or through shoe/boot websites will turn up quite a selection for you to consider. In addition, there are western or cowboy boots, some of which have heels as high as 4" you might take a look at.

Some of our other members can lead you in these directions. Meanwhile, :wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The very best reason to wear heels is because you want to, the next best reason is because you have a pain which goes when you wear them. Just keep your eyes open and you will see "unisex" heels everywhere.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Thanks for the advice and comments, Bubba and Dr Shoe. Frankly, I wouldn't have any problem with wearing femmish heels if they keep my problem solved but I have a presentation problem. Anyway, I'll keep looking. Any suggestions on places offering with the larger sizes?

Hey batspring40 - another Saffer:wave: welcome. We'll catch those Aussie's yet. Anyway, firstly sorry to hear about the ailment - assuming that you've tried the medical route - or did you follow the time old, traditional route of most men and ignore it, thinking it will go away .. sorry being a bit silly:silly:. But seriously, if you havent had it looked, pls do - suffered a similar problem and ignored it for a long time which (when I did eventually seek help) proved to be the only obstacle to a full recovery. You dont mention what size you are, just mens size so I'll assume that you are above an 8. Difficult in SA to find boots - unisex or otherwise - with a heel of some sort larger than an 8 but you will probably want to start at Makro or Shoe City. Although they seldom do above an 8, I used to find that their shoes ran slightly large. Other than that I cant help - you may want to check over in the group SA Heelers and ask the same question, otehrs may know of new places but wouldnt be surprised if you hae to import like the rest Good luck

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

Thanks, Partyshoes, I'll check those sources out. No, I have had medical treatment for the knee, but it only worked to a certain degree. As I said in my original post, I chanced on the high-heel option quite by chance. It sounded so unlikely that I gave it several days before venturing to hope, so I don't blame the doctor. But it is still working. Yesterday I had to stand/walk around for three hours on the hard, hard, hard floors of a shopping centre (not of my own doing, I was the chauffeur) and it didn't do a thing to my knee. So it's high heels or bust. Well, there are a lot of worse problems to have.