This really ticked me off!

Well I went into NEXT to buy some normal none heeled boots and I saw a nice pair in the mens section for £55. Got them in my size. on the way out I descided to browse the womens section, And i saw a identical pair for £40! Well obvouly I inisted they take the mens boot back and get me the womens. But to think they want £15 more cause I'm a man?

I looked on the Next website the other day and hadn't seen them in the womens boot section. The website is often different to what is available in store, as I have found something to buy on the website but go into the store to check how they look in real life only to find it not in stock.

It could be that the men's version is made using thicker insole board and a heavier leather. The stock in Next stores does vary from branch to branch.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Yeah, they did'nt even put a fuss up. But it annoyed me the fact they try conning men out of £15 exta....

That happens with women's athletic shoes. I buy women's athletic shoes because I have such a narrow foot. The price seems to be always higher for the identicle men's shoe.

Mens shoes tend to go to larger sizes and it costs twice as much in materials to make a shoe in a size 14 than it does to make them in a 7. It would be unfair to nudge the price up according to size so they go for an average so they make a profit on the smaller sizes and a loss on the bigger...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/shoes/mensshoes/16/12

They dont even list it under female shoes on there website.

Nice boots. They look well made. But, while the increased cost for men, why does that "tick you off?" Prices are what they are, Just consider yourself fortunate that you discovered the difference and that they happened to have that style in woman's shoes that fit.......:)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.