What do you do when a guy notices your heels?

audreyk

There is this guy at work who is pretty shy but in a cute kind of way. I have noticed that he sometimes takes extended glances at my shoes, particularly if I am wearing strappy sandals, but he looks a little uncomfortable. I don't mind at all, but I don't want him to feel uncomfortable or anything. I actually like the attention. Should I do anything to make him feel more comfortable?

Hello , Maybe, if you think your shoes can be a topic of conversation. The next time you're alone and you see that looking at your shoes, you can ask him how he likes them. Maybe the conversation will start, but don't forget that for many guys this remains a little secret. He must feel he can trust you. If he is like us here in this forum , I am sure he will become a true friend and your conversations about the shoes and heels will be exciting.And why not having a friendly street heeling together one day . I passionate about this subject , I dream of being in this situation . Let me know . Have a nice day

Depending on how well you know this guy, if you have known him for a long time and feel safe around him then yes, try to strike a conversation in private. If you don't know him to well then be carefull.

real men wear heels

Depending on how well you know this guy, if you have known him for a long time and feel safe around him then yes, try to strike a conversation in private. If you don't know him to well then be carefull.

I agree with this advice. He maybe and probably is harmless. But if you don't know him that well, proceed with caution.:)

I would guess that the reason he looks uncomfortable is because he wants to look, but he is afraid of upsetting, offending or making you uncomfortable. No doubt that a bit of conversation would relieve the stress :)

There is this guy at work who is pretty shy but in a cute kind of way. I have noticed that he sometimes takes extended glances at my shoes, particularly if I am wearing strappy sandals, but he looks a little uncomfortable. I don't mind at all, but I don't want him to feel uncomfortable or anything. I actually like the attention. Should I do anything to make him feel more comfortable?

There's a bit of jealousy in play here. He really admires your choice in footwear, but he's trapped by the social bull that real guys don't desire heels and he is realizes the risk of embarrassment should he be caught in his admiration. However, this is how he has found some satisfaction for what he desires.

You might strike up a conversation with him concerning anything that you like about his personal attributes, such as the way he styles his hair is a good look for him or even something about his cute personality. Do a little conversive research to break the unknowns about him. He may open up and tell you what is so optically enthralling. If not, you can then ease into saying something about how flattered you've been when you have noticed his extended gazes. If it seems appropriate, you might even mention that you have conversed with a lot of guys on-line, who like to wear heels with their male attire.

The idea is to communicate, instead of speculate. If you feel this person can be a friend, then either way, both of you have gained a better insight into what real living is all about.

Breaking the ice is hard to do. Be careful because he might really become embarrassed at the thought of someone confronting him about one of his deepest desires. Then, again....... Oh well, play it by ear.....:)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

If you have a pair of heels he hasn't seen before, wear them to work and strike up a conversation about what he did at the weekend. Innocent enough, of course. He's bound to ask you, which is when you can say you went shoe shopping and bought the shoes you are wearing. Tell him why you like them and then ask him if he thinks they go with your outfit. Or him if he thinks they're ok for the office as you bought them to go out in. Add as much inforamtion about them as you can, how many pairs you tried on, what they were like, etc. If he gives positive answers, you could say it's so nice and cool that he's man enough to appreciate them. You could also say you wished he'd come with you shopping as it would've been more fun than being on your own. I hope some of this helps and you tell us how you got on.

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

You could smile at him, and just be friendly when you see him.

As the potential other side in that work situation, I feel somewhat compelled to comment. I'd say the most important thing is to express that you appreciate the specific attention, and that you're not offended by it. In the workplace, one of the most pressing concerns for someone who appreciates the attire of his female coworkers (especially in California) is the idea that they might interpret it as sexual harassment; the best-case scenario for the man if this happens is being ultra-careful never to look at that person again (as much as possible), and there are much worse scenarios. Once you've established that this isn't a threat, the guy might be much more comfortable around you, and admiring your attire. Good luck. :)

Well, he is actually a nice guy. I saw him glancing at my high heeled sandals again today, only this time no one else was around and he asked if it was difficult to walk my shoes. I said they are actually very comfortable since I am used to heels. He noticed that most of the women in the office would bring flats shoes and sneakers and change into them at times but I wouldn't. We then talked about high arched feet and how some women are just more comfortable in heels than others. I mentioned that I can not stand sneakers or flats, especially with professional attire. He seemed quite interested. I'm happy to share in an interest and I actually feel more motivated to get more shoes now (like I need more motivation).

I think you had the perfect setting with him this time. Nobody around and he ask about your heels.Ive had the exact situation,The guy was embarrassed to compliment me about my heels but when nobody was around he did. We had a nice conversation about my heels and what kind I like and what he found sexy.