Charity shops

brake blocks

Hi heel fans, i have posted in the guys section about this thread. On Monday this week, i had the day off work & decided to do a bit of shopping in charity shops. I went to Chorlton near Manchester where they have a round 6 charity shops. I drove there in these boots & walked around. Many people about the place going about their business and no reactions from them at all. I was there for around an hour. In that time i found these heels, all of them have metal heel tips. 2 are from Faith & 1 unknown brand & all under £20 for the 3 pairs. On the way home called at the local park and walked round in the 3 pairs to try them :wave: the all fit and sound fantastic clicking on the paths, again with people about and no reactions. All in all a good day :)

post-18537-133522917916_thumb.jpg

post-18537-133522917934_thumb.jpg

post-18537-133522917948_thumb.jpg

post-18537-133522917964_thumb.jpg

post-18537-133522917981_thumb.jpg

You were fortunate to find such a good selection in your size. I troll most of the GoodWill and St.Vincent DePaul shops in my area but rarely find shoes that I can wear. I really like the pair of black boots you found (pic #1). Enjoy your heels.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thank you guys, pic 14 shows my Faith collection 2 pair ankle boots & 1 t bar stilettoe heels all with metal heel tips. I realy like Faith shoes and always look out for them on ebay! My next pair i hope to find is a pointed toe ankle boot or court shoe with stilettoe heel & metal toe & heel tips :wave:

Really like the shoes and boots you picked up brake blocks. I love shopping at Goodwill,etc type stores and consignment shops. I think its kind of fun to see what you,ll find. If you do find a great pair of boots or heels there a good chance they might be broken in.

I'll look anywhere for rare or collectable high heels. Charity Shops are a really good place to look...I've found some bargains in 'British Heart Foundation' and 'Cancer Research'.....our local 'Oxfam' shop is good too.

Here's a pair I bought earlier - to coin a phrase......

post-1866-133522918009_thumb.jpg

Vintage 1950's 'SpringoLator' mules...in Leopard print. 'Furry' Leopard print too!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

brake blocks and pussyinboots ...

Looks like both of you had good luck at the thrift stores. I, unfortunately, have not had that good luck find a style I might like and especially in my size. I'm happy for both of you and your finds.

I'd be more diligent in seeking out the charity shops, if thought they would have a pair of heels that that would appeal to me. I use to be a regular shopper in these outlets, but they seemed to never have the styles I want to buy. Since the regular market places have not been that forth coming with the heels I prefer for quite some time, I doubt the charity shops would be much better.