High heels rise in height with recession

Amanda

Obviously, the media hasn't been talking to many HHP forum members. The height would likely be high to extra high most of the time no matter what the economic scenario may be. I noticed the reporter referred to the Mary Jane heels as stilettos. When I noticed them they were more like the spiked heels, but then again people have gotten lazy and mix up this label more often then not.

I've been reading a few articles with regard to this topic and there does seem to be an undeniable link.

.. have heard this several times too... also, they say the same about the use (sold amounts) of red lipstick :):P

The "why?" of this phenomenon would make a great topic for the next book in the freakonomics series

And the "whether?" I saw heels go up early in the last decade and stay up. The 80s were also a good decade for heels. I'm not ready to buy it yet (the theory; of course I'll buy the heels).

i would like to see the 80's shoe fashion come back i remember girls wearing thigh high boots all the time mmmmmmmmm yummy.

I did...I still do!!:)

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

don't know about that but I thought that they originated with the pirates boots especially when they where folded down but after research there are some jack boots out there that extend above the knee there are references that It might of started with the peasants way back when but where it started who knows

post-21335-133522914025_thumb.jpg