why I wear

brianf

As a masculine professional guy, I wear cowboy boots just about every day with some nylon black socks. I wear nylons and stuff under my man clothes and as soon as I get home I slide into some stiletto heels. I am a hairy guy and work out a lot and stuff but cannot understand why women can wear anything they want but men cannot. Can't a man be all man and still enjoy silky hose and undergarments and sexy heels? Why can't a man wear a skirt and show off his legs? Just my own thoughts but I am sure there are others out there who feel the same and I'd love to hear from you.

THis has been discussed in many topics before and, in general, every man here agrees with you - why cant a man wear what he feels like without the tags?!

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

Hi BrianF, Welcome to HHP, hope you have a happy time with us. Read through the threads by JeffB, Kneehighs, Maximillian, and several others and you will see that you can do what you say men can not. First and foremost it is a mind thing as it really is a big jump to get past your social programming. Secondly having achieved that leap, you need to study the whole look you present to the world when you walk out of the door so the whole thing looks right. Thirdly, dress appropriate to the time of day and/or event you are going too. Take a recent post in "For the Guys" by Malinheels of Melbourne. Dressed appropriate to the event (according to the ladies and not the men attending) and he had an absolute ball. The possibilities are there, but you have to make them for yourself. The more that do, then the more will do likewise. Enjoy whatever you choose to do. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

There are men here that wear skirts and heels out in public. There is no reason why more men can't do it if they have the mindset for it. Hose and heels can make mens legs look just as good as a ladies legs if well shaven. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I don't even know that I need to shave my legs-I kind of like hairy legs-I am a masculine gay man who works out a lot-but I have to admit I want to paint my toes and wear "feminine" gear and maybe even make up-when the mood strikes-I mean-well-why should girls have all the fun? I'd welcome any more messages about this....

BrianF:-) Girls shave their legs when they dress their prettiest. Why shouldn't we shave our legs if they are to be viewed in the open. It would seem to match the rest of the outfit much better. Painting your toes is good when wearing sandals. The girls do this also. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I suppose I could shave-I am hairy everywhere-even have a stache and goatee-and like make up too-can't a man be pretty? and be all man even when wearing a skirt, hose, heels, a bra, panties and make up?

i agree with you but to be honest i don't think society will ever accept men in feminine clothing. if you can work up the courage like some of the other men on this site then do what you love and show your love of heels and hose to the public. i know i will never have the courage.

i agree with you but to be honest i don't think society will ever accept men in feminine clothing. if you can work up the courage like some of the other men on this site then do what you love and show your love of heels and hose to the public. i know i will never have the courage.

Never say never...

So good to know there are other men out there who feel this way-if you are a man like me who wants to-or actually does-go out to work or in public wearing nylons and heels and the rest of it-I'd love to hear from you!!!

Ya know, 50 years ago, men did not get their ears pierced, period! The idea was unthinkable. 25 years ago, it may have been cool for a fashionable guy to wear a single ear ring, but it was not acceptable to have both ears pierced or to wear multiple ear rings. Both ears was "gay", and having a pierced nose, was both gay and crazy. These days, I see all kinds of young people, male and female, that have pierced lips, tongues, eye brows, etc...and they are working in customer service type jobs where they are in constant contact with the public. I think this pretty much proves that society has now accepted these styles which not too-long ago were completely taboo. Why did society suddenly change? Well, the answer is, it didn't. The fact is, over time more and more people just started doing it, and then simply by being exposed to it, the general public just became used to the idea. So, there is no use feeling sorry for ourselves about society not "accepting" men in heels...there are far greater injustices out there. If you want society to accept men in heels, it will only happen when people have become accustomed to seeing it. Don't get me wrong, there are still places where I am scared to be seen in my heels, but I am gradually getting myself out there in public more and more, and other than a few people who have done the "point and giggle" thing, I have never been bothered by anyone.

While I don't really do much in the way of public heeling, I do full well know of the joy you receive from wearing heels, nylons and almost all things feminine. As I mentioned, I don't dress publicly. I really don't have the figure for it, nor the courage. As to why we have these feelings, well that's something I've devoted a great deal of thought to. I do a great deal of driving between CO and WY and there's often little to keep my mind occupied, so I do a great deal of thinking about why I am the way I am. I used to think that it was more nurture than nature, but now I believe, theorize, that it's really a combination of both. I've read that in the womb all of us start out as Female. Then somewhere along the development line, if we are to be Male, an additional chromisone forms that releases testosterone into the system, which in turn, drives the male development. This part is fact and well documented. My theory is: What if the development of the extra chromisone takes place a little late? What if the female fetus continues to develop before the body changes to male? It seems to me that if such a mis-timing in the early phyiscal development were to happen, then one might be more suceptable to feminine erges and feelings. I further theorize that this would also make one more suceptable to other influences. For instance, I was the 3rd child and my older sister is just 10 months older than I. In a situation where a Mother has 2 crying kids at her feet, and she's also riding heard on a 4 year old, that more than likely she'd only be able to pick up one of the 2, and in most cases, she'd pick up the female. That would leave the male, on the floor at her feet. Legs, HH shoes, and nylons could then become the security of a mothers arms to one who is already open to such suggestion. For me, this type of clothing just feels natural. As such, and since most of my driving is at night on highways with very little use, I will often wear HH boots, leather gloves and a leather jacket while driving. Occationally, I'll even wear a latex or leather skirt.

Cannot say why, but I do know I like my masculine hairy body in nylons and heels and love wearing lipstick with my moustache and goatee-and not ashamed of it at all...

reminds me of a circus sideshow I once saw when I was a teenager...the bearded lady. Paid $.50 cents to go into her tent to get a look. She really looked strange with a full beard. But was wearing great high heels and fishnet stockings, though. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

As a masculine professional guy, I wear cowboy boots just about every day with some nylon black socks. I wear nylons and stuff under my man clothes and as soon as I get home I slide into some stiletto heels. I am a hairy guy and work out a lot and stuff but cannot understand why women can wear anything they want but men cannot. Can't a man be all man and still enjoy silky hose and undergarments and sexy heels? Why can't a man wear a skirt and show off his legs? Just my own thoughts but I am sure there are others out there who feel the same and I'd love to hear from you.

I find it cinda sad that you guys feel this way. In my opinion if heels are what you wanna wear then it is heels you should wear. I act hate people who thinks otherwise. Keep going for it guys:D

Cannot help it-I am a masculine guy-I don't want to be a girl-I just like being me! I like my masculine body-I work out a lot to keep it in shape-I just want to be able to wear what I want when I want. As a teacher who lives in the town where he teaches children, I could not do that outside my home....

In my country there is also double standard towards males.If a woman is in apparel very similar looking to men's or directly in male stuff (masculine shoes incl.) no one bats an eye. But if you are a guy that is even slightly feminine in fashion the gay comments and sometimes physical threats occur. And as a comment to the previous post, we feel that way because society makes us feel so and yes it is sad indeed. P.S. I am also masculine in physics and do not want to be a woman, the main difference with the author of this thread is that I hate body hair and thus remove it. I prefer wearing skirts,heels,feminine blouses/tops and etc. but as a guy not as a female impersonator as I call the TV/CD's or whatever other sexual discriminatory term there is for them.

Hi Brianf, Nice to see you voicing your ideas and wants. I too am like you, heels and hose are common in my daily routine. I like them, the feeling wearing them and trying to be as I am. But we are held back by tradition and morals steeped in perceived weakness of males showing any feminine qualities. That is what keeps us in fear and rejection. Mtnsofheels

Thanks for the reply-glad this has sparked so much interest-I just don't want to trade in what I like about being a guy just because I like wearing nylons and heels and lipstick and stuff