When is a US12 womens = UK 7.5??????

barney15c

Roughly, yes, a US12 is around about a UK10 / EU44

That sizing in that auction looks all out of whack...

No way is a US12 a UK7.5, not in any conversion

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Roughly, yes, a US12 is around about a UK10 / EU44

That sizing in that auction looks all out of whack...

No way is a US12 a UK7.5, not in any conversion

This is not an isolated incident, i have seen plenty of examples on ebay for high end designer shoes where this happens.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

It's a clear case of "I have no idea what I am selling but I got hold of these and I've seen them fetch a hefty price so here goes." Caveat Emptor.

Have a happy time!

No it isn't, this individual has been selling these for ages and has listed stuff in the past like that. Now, I take a UK 9 and generally find that a US12 fits me well but I can often get into a UK8 with a generous fit. Sometimes 8s are 42s (Next, River Island, George, M&S) and the same goes for Louboutines. However, I did try to try on a pair once and they were way too small so it could be that they do fit like a UK7.5. They are shipped as 42s which translates to a US12 and are thus sold as such there.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

That person clearly has no idea about the size conversions. A size 12US is about a 10 maybe 9.5UK and about 45 to 46EU. Where they got 42 from I have no idea. It's kind of confusing trying to buy those shoes as you won't really know which size is correct. If they got the other sizes wrong, how do we know the US sizing is correct.

The 42 is the original CL size. They are made in Italy where the European size system reigns supreme. For US women's sizes you simply subtract 30, for men's 33. In the UK, both men and women's sizes use the same scale which means that a US12 would equate to a UK9 roughly. However, CLs are notoriously small and most women have to size up for Loubies which means that they are going to fit more like an 8, a small one at that.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The 42 is the original CL size. They are made in Italy where the European size system reigns supreme. For US women's sizes you simply subtract 30, for men's 33. In the UK, both men and women's sizes use the same scale which means that a US12 would equate to a UK9 roughly. However, CLs are notoriously small and most women have to size up for Loubies which means that they are going to fit more like an 8, a small one at that.

I was waiting for a detailed reply, many thanks for that !! :)

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

It's a clear case of "I have no idea what I am selling but I got hold of these and I've seen them fetch a hefty price so here goes."

Caveat Emptor.

I couldn't agree more. I had a most unpleasant experience last October when I bought some stripper mules from a seller on Ebay UK, who was advertising the shoes as UK Size 5 although her Board said (quote): "they say EU 39/US 7.5 on the box but they are a UK Size 5".

When they arrived, they turned out to 'Imagination' heels, which are always true to UK sizes.They had US 9 stamped on the clear plastic base unit, EU 39 on the box, and US 9 stamped on the soles. So, they were a UK Size 6!

When I wrote to the lady and explained that these heels were in fact a UK 6 (I provided photographs of the actual shoes and a copy of the International Shoe Size chart to back up my claim), she promptly opened a dispute against me, wrote an abusive EMail, and demanded to know what grounds I had for calling her a liar!

Despite my explanation that I model high heels and also Moderate a High Heels Forum, she made it almost impossible to have a decent exchange of communication to resolve the problem, so I simply had to shut up to avoid losing my EBay priviledges! I kept the heels, and she, thankfully removed the dispute.

However, EBay refused to do anything about her abusive Emails and she remains a 'Power Seller' to this day, selling high heels, in total ignorance of anything to do with the technicalities of shoe sizes.

It proved to me once and for all, that EBay in the main, sides with the Sellers, as they are the people who make them their money.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"