Office shoes

68newman

The other day I was in a training session with a coworker and I was sitting beside her and it was SO hard not to keep looking at her shoes. They were black kitten heels with pointy toe (which I love). I was pulling back in my seat so I could take the occasional discreet (I hope) glance downward. I do like when I see feminine shoes being worn at the office. Unfortunately it seems to be less common than it was when I first started working 20 years ago.

I worked in a pensions administration company and there were always a nice selection of heels on display. I also wore my bock heeled ankle boots there Monday to Thursday (Friday was casual dress day).

the place i work is located in a HUGE shopping center, so i am always seeing women in hh walkin across the store front / parkin lot / stores, and to beat all, there is a payless right across from us, so i see high heels ALL DAY LONG

She wore them again today. On second look, they're not really kitten heels, they're more like 1". And there are a couple of metal decorations on the vamp (I don't like too much, but these were good). And I forgot the best part.. she's a dangler. :smile: I could see the insoles were white. najial, I'd get NO work done. :) That sounds amazing though. Dr. Shoe, ever get caught looking? A few years back, a co-worker noticed I tended to look down at women's shoes and called me on it. She just told me to be careful so I don't get charged with harassment.

Harrassment for just looking at someones shoes? Isn't that going a bit far? If no comment has been made how can that be harrassment. If it is, then this country is in a lot of trouble and should forget completely about being politically correct in everything and go back to the way that things were before the politically correct movement even started. Whatever happened to being innoccent before being guilty? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Dawn, there have been cases of sexual harassment from having (and I quote) "elevator eyes." Sadly, the pendulum has gone very far to the left, too far in many people's opinion. But case law unfortunately is case law.

I had a class on this type of situation about four years ago!

It's all about the heel!

The woman in the office at my work wears boots quite a lot, normally a pair of dk brown slim heel, pointed toe ankle boots around 3". Some days she will wear 3" block heel knee boots over tight black trousers. I would love to wear an outfit like that to work!

• 2 weeks later...

There are a couple of ladies in my office that always wear nice heels. One in particular has been known to come in wearing 6" Gianmarco Lorenzi platform sandals. I didn't get much work done that day. Spiker.

There are some ladies who come in to work in nice pumps and boots anywhere from 3-5" high, and it's great being able to talk about them since I wear the same type - always fun comparing notes!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Well lucky me :) I get to waer my heels to the office every day. And to be honest i want men and women to be looking at my shoes, It makes me feel even better about my choice of footwear.

I have only ever worked in an office once....for about 18 months. I wore high heeled boots in cold weather, and in Summer, it was either strappy sandals or slingbacks. With stiletto heels of course!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

At the office, one of the two girls is wearing heels only once or twice a weeks. And they are only 2½" high max :sad: (Mine are sometime higher than her's...:)) A girl in an office next door is wearing the highest heels almost every day. I always compliment her about her heels when we meet in the corridor. She then look at my feet to see what type of heels I am wearing that day. (Sometime I can't wear heels when I need to go to jobsites...) But when I do, she ask me if I like them and if they are comfortable. (Answer is obvious here ... YES !) She always terminate the conversation with a nice smile. Then I look at her going back to her office with the amazing clicking sound from her heels... Lets say she is helping me to make my day when this happens... :P

• 2 weeks later...

One of the ladies that volunteers with me at the Science Center always wears a chunky heeled ankle boot with a snip toe in black leather under her black slacks. I know that the heel is only 2.5" high, but I can't help watching her anyways. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

In my office, my employee only wears flats, which is just fine with me. I don't really need the distraction. When our office was much larger when I was in high school (about 20 employees then), about half the ladies wore stiletto pumps every day. I did some work after hours (or pretended to in those days). This was during the mid to late 80's. These days footwear seems to vary much more widely, but probably the best place to see a lot of good shoes is in the lobby of a high-rise office building, with lots of law offices.

I agree that not as many women wear heels to work. It seems that many women are on a real practical kick.At my office out of 10 women only 2 of us wear heels daily. The weathers nice and I wear slides or slingbacks most the time.