Metal heels are dangerous!

Laurieheels

When I was in London I noticed that the streets weren't in the best condition, well in the area I was in. Women over there must have to be really focused on where they're walking.

I wish I was a size 10

That would make it even worse, I wouldn't know where the drivers would be coming from! Of course, I'd probably be feeling sick from too much of Fish and Chips, Bangers and Mash (mmmm) and even some Bubble and Squeak. Okay, that's stereotyping, but hey, sounds good anyway!

Depends where you are. If you were in the City of London, it'd be cockles and mussels, or perhaps a good old Cornish Pastie. And you can't have too much fish and chips, honest :wink:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I think my waist line will beg to differ about that fish and chips comment. Well, at least for the chips. Deep fried potato requires a lot of exercise to burn away! Cockles and Mussels? How is that prepared? I admit, even if I can guess at what's in it, I've never heard of it. But then, I am sure few outside Canada know about Poutine... so it goes to show the cultural differences. I'll go watch Jamie Oliver now, maybe learn a few more Brit ways about food.

Cockles and Mussels? How is that prepared? I admit, even if I can guess at what's in it, I've never heard of it.

I've no idea either. I'm not all that keen on sea-food, so I've never tried it. I'm sure Jamie Oliver willl know - he's a fake Cockney after all :wink:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I've no idea either. I'm not all that keen on sea-food, so I've never tried it. I'm sure Jamie Oliver willl know - he's a fake Cockney after all :wink:
I don't believe Cockles and Mussels is a speciality of the City of London, it's not really a dish. You see many seafood sellers going round the local pubs selling a pint of cockles etc... For my part I associate Cockles and Mussels (Molly Malone) with the Irish song that is often sung in rugby circles.

Does Jamie Oliver pretend to be a Cockney? I thought he was just a simple Essex lad, nothing fake about that :D

I always thought a cockel was a bivalve mollusk like an oyster or the sea shell that is pictured on the shell oil ads. Mussel, on the other hand, are like clams and such, aren't they?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

You're right Laurie. Furthermore a cornish pastie is a speciality from Cornwall, the far south west point of England, I wouldn't connect it with London. Jellied Eels is a speciality from London, but I can't think of many others :wink:

Hi Laurieheels, I am wondering how you are making out with your metal heels? A true goddess would wear them no matter what the consequences because they are so sexy. Please give them another try. Why not wear them to a job interview? Pulling together other threads, I must ask you, are you really going to wear 5 inch heels to an interview? If so, I suggest 5 inch heels with a metal heel and seamed stockings (give them a chance). Then go in, cross your legs and dangle your shoe away!! Perhaps it would be fun to try this out at a job interview where you really don't want the job. Just have some fun and see what type of reaction you get. A suggestion would be at an automotive dealership looking for a swithboard operator. My guess is there would be plenty of men their to "check you out." Please goddess, give it a whirl and report back. You are the greatest. Bill

I am not going to wear five inch heels to an interview. Because I already went and I already wore them, so it is now past tense. As for metal heels, sorry, I have decided they are not for me. I dislike feeling helpless, as much as some people like to see women have to take tiny steps while in heels. Giants should stride atop the world. Not be afraid of polished surfaces. But thank you for the compliment. :lol: I do appreciate it, and my ego thanks you.

Well, at least I tried. :lol: If you are not going to wear the heels, please put them up for bid during the sale (perhaps they are already there). I will be sure to win them!! How was the interview? Did you get the job? Chris is such a lucky guy. Don't let him forget that!! :lol:

I have my doubts about getting the job, I may be too overpowering in the interviews, seeming too good. After all, I am now looking to enter at the ground level somewhere, and I am skilled enough to be everyone's boss. So long as the government starts paying me for my time being unemployed, I should be fine. And I may keep the metal spiked heels. I like my rubber tipped stilettos, sure, the black velvets did very well at the interviews. I gave it some thought, if I went in there, dangling and tapping and playing and showing off, what kind of message would that send? What would it say to female interviewers? Like, it's a bad plan. I need to be hired on my own merits. Chris knows how lucky he is. He was the one who pointed out your message to me, and made sure he told me that he agreed with your assesment. :lol:

Hi Laurieheels, I agree with you 100% and you should only be hired on your merits and not on anything else. Just for clairification, my point was to go to an interview that you know you don't want the job for and play around just for the fun of it. If they offer you the job, say, "No thanks". I just thought it would be a great experiment and experience and you could report back to all of us. :lol: Have a great day you beautiful goddess. :lol: Bill

I've had a few interviews now, and still nothing. I have no idea what is going to happen in life, but so far all I know is that the outlook is not so good. And what infuriates me now is that everyone where I used to work told me "oh, you're so good at everything, you won't have a problem finding a new job". Well, they're all wrong. Sometimes, good costs too much, so the best end up sitting out while the lower cost, lower skilled get out to play.

Too bad things aren't proceeding, Laurie, but remember that it is the worst possible moment for looking for a job... we are in the middle of the worst (longest at least) downturn in history, some say. I know it doesn't help you right now, but not getting a job right now doesn't say anything about your merits. In the company where I work, we have seen thousands (literally) of excellent people being pink-slipped at the same time and as a result nearly anyone managed to get a job anywhere. You just have to rely on your own sense of self-worth and the support of people close to you until the tide turns or you get lucky. Some say that the business confidence is slowly returning (it's about time!) and then companies will be more eager to hire. Good luck Bert

What's all the fuss about?

It's true. I was planning to look for another job, but after the horror stories I've heard from other people over the last couple of days, I might stay where I am. But it's true that if you seem good at everything, people won't hire you for a job that you can do easily, on the grounds that you'll just get bored and move on anyway. Perhaps you could hide your light under a bushel a little, grit your teeth and take something less than ideal? Just a thought.

Maybe I can take to begging in the streets, or selling off those Goddess items that I no longer need, or... Or dim the lantern, just enough that one might think I am not boasting, but maybe suited to some job I can do with ease, an thus leave when the time is right. No employer needs to know such things, do they? But I must do my share for the household to survive, no, not just survive, but thrive.