need advice

najial

hey all, i am fairly new here, and have been lurking for quite some time before signing up. I just recently purchased these boots off of eBay and am wanting to wear them to work alot, but dont know what to wear with them, as i work for a business where i wouldnt be able to wear skirts or dresses at all. I have worn similar boots before, but the MAJOR difference is these tap when i walk, where as my others dont. please advise on what to do

thx in advance

Ken

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/ohssurvivor/boots.jpg

if possible, comments on boots plz

What does it matter? Wear them with what you'd normally wear to work. Personally, I'd probably want to wear them with leather trousers or jeans but smart black trousers work just as well.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I wear similar boots in public constantly. I usually wear them with blue jeans or with Dockers style trousers. Not a problem to find something to wear them with....even a suite would be appropriate.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Those look pretty safe, but if you are nervous, wear pants that are long enough to hide the height of the heel. Plenty of men's dress shoes have hard heels and are loud.

If the sound makes you nervous, find some rubber sheet material (www.mcmaster.com is one source) and some Shoe Goo (Walmart). Cut the rubber to match the heel bottom and glue it on. The Shoe Goo may not hold the rubber forever, but I've had pretty good luck with it. The adhesiveness improves if you roughen both the face of the rubber and the bottom of the heel with sandpaper to remove any shininess...

Have fun with it.

Like has been said---wear them with whatever outfit that you would normally wear to work that day, even a business suit. And as suggested, fix the rubber to the heel with glue and after it comes off you should be used to the clicking sounds of the heels by then. There are a lot of mens shoes that make a clicking sound when walking. I wore a pair of mens loafers for years when I was teaching and when the female tachers heard me coming they would invaribly look to see which female was approaching them only to find out that it was me. I had a lot of fun with that pair of shoes for quite a while. It is all in your mind so get your mind used to what you are doing and all of a sudden you will realize that you are having a great lot of fun wearing heels to work. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

There is a really good up-side to wearing heels that make noise. You and the other people around you get use to it, and if you choose to buy another pair with a higher heels, the noise won't be a factor in bringing their attention to your heels, just to your presence.

Najial:-) If you are going to have that roommate for a long period of time then you wll have to let him or her know that you wear heels and not having to hide them away when that person is around. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!