Trip to lakeside thurrock

Crazyewok

Well I was bored and just got a new job so decided to go for a trip to a large shopping mall 30 miles from me to treat myself to some new heels. I went in plain men shoes. And descided to go into house of fraiser. I was looking for a mid heel that I can wear out without drawing too much attencion to myself. I found a nice pair which I liked and asked to get them in size 8. I was'nt planning to try them on as last time I did I got laughed at. Well the shop assitant politley smiled and asked me if i wanted to try them on! It took me off guard but I said yes and it was a rather pleasent experiance. I'm normaly pretty good at gauging some one reactions and she did't even seem to act like it was unusal, which i would't have blamed her for. After that nice experiance I decided I would change into them and walk around for abit in public in them. Maybe go into a shop which I did. I had now reaction.....none from anyone....... except one guy look down at them in suprise but them again you cant blame him and I would'nt say it was negative. I went into faith with them. Did'nt find anything I liked so went out....again no reaction. This is where it got intresting....I descided to go back to my car and head home. I had done 20minutes in heels in public so thought I deserved to end there and be proud of myself. Well due to the way the mall is built I could'nt find the carpark I parked in! I spent a further hour walking about trying to find my car!!!! I was lost stuck in heels and no where to change lol At first it was a pannick but after 5 minutes it was rather fun. Plus I went into a few other shops. One I did get a negative look. I schu a job clerk looked at me and started smirking and made a dart for the door. He was a spotty faced teenager though so he probbaly laughs at alot of people. I also noticed a few people stop and look but more in a intrested way that a disgusted or amused way. I would deffinatly recomend the house of fraiser there. They where incredably freindly and as such will be getting more buisness from me. Maybe next time I will have the nerve to strike up a chat with the shop asistant and ask her if she gets many men.

Well done mate. I love it when an assistant asks if you want to try them on and they're being genuine. The last time I was in Faith they didn't even ask, the assistant just invited me to take a seat and said that she'd bring the shoes over for me to try on. :smile:

Well done mate. I love it when an assistant asks if you want to try them on and they're being genuine. The last time I was in Faith they didn't even ask, the assistant just invited me to take a seat and said that she'd bring the shoes over for me to try on. :smile:

It makes you wonder how many men they see buying for themselfs. They would'nt ask if it did'nt happen. It a nice feeling being treated as normal though and not a freak.

Er... they're well used to us at Lakeside as it is the location of the very first Heelmeet attended by Firefox, my wife and I. It is also the site of the second one attended by all the above plus Xaphod, Calvin and a guy called Micha. On that one I wore stiletto boots and long leather jeans. I have also done Lakeside en femme more times than I can count.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

It makes you wonder how many men they see buying for themselfs. They would'nt ask if it did'nt happen. It a nice feeling being treated as normal though and not a freak.

You know, I didn't think to ask that until afterwards. However I was trying on some boots in Evans once (having been invited to by the assitant) and I asked if they often got guys in buying for themselves. She replied that it happened quite a lot with them stocking larger sizes, and that the shop policy was that a customer was a customer irrespective of gender. I've tried on in three branches of Faith and in all of them the staff were fine with it, in fact in the last one she even suggested a pair of boots that I might like to try on too.

yeah at house of fraiser the assitant said they had a number of larger sizes in stock. Still it amazed me she actually asked. I did'nt think its that obvious, Iv brought shoes for the girlfreinds enough time (at other stores). Anyway I will be makeing another trip back hopefully very soon. Its just such a shame I have to only wear heels when out and about on my ow :smile: I doubt it would go down well with my freinds and family.

Yeah if there one local but not too local Id be intrested. The heel I brought today are what displayed in my avatar. Nothing spectacular but they are good for street heeling. Mostly coverd by jeans but you can still still see what they are if you look closly enough and they make a fair amount of noice :smile: But they dont scream out for attencion.

Yeah if there one local but not too local Id be intrested. The heel I brought today are what displayed in my avatar. Nothing spectacular but they are good for street heeling. Mostly coverd by jeans but you can still still see what they are if you look closly enough and they make a fair amount of noice :smile: But they dont scream out for attencion.

They may not scream for attention, but they are a very handsome pair of high heels. Congratulations on your purchase. And it is so cool when the clerks ask if you would like to try yhem on. I think that thrills me as much as any heeling experience.

They may not scream for attention, but they are a very handsome pair of high heels. Congratulations on your purchase. And it is so cool when the clerks ask if you would like to try yhem on. I think that thrills me as much as any heeling experience.

Thanks I saw them ad thought they where perfect for street healing. They did make my feet ach after 2 hours though lol Love the heel in your picture. If there yours where did you get them from?

• 2 weeks later...